House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
exiges

Still Money To Be Made In Doing Nothing

Did you see it when it was up for sale before? Not making excuses, but it might have been in a right old state. Looks like a new extension off the kitchen, too.

If they're just taking the p*ss I withdraw all the above. :)

Did you see it when it was up for sale before? Not making excuses, but it might have been in a right old state. Looks like a new extension off the kitchen, too.

If they're just taking the p*ss I withdraw all the above. :)

2 planning applications dated 2000 and 2006 are registered against the property. So, it probably won't be a wreck.

But The transaction was done shortly after Lehman collapse (Feb 09) and in better part of Oxford,

properties are traded at Lehman + up to 10% (i.e. 2007 price). So, the relative price is perhaps out by £50k (i.e. £645k)

Zoopla valuation gives £635k

But of course, I won't buy it...

Edited by easybetman

Looks pretty good to me, I lived in Witney years ago, in nothing like that though. Before the Australian property bubble bursts I might sell my over inflated house here on the Gold Coast, exchange my Aus dollars in to pounds at 40% more than I would've got in 07 at the peak of the UK property boom, make a reduced cash buyers offer in what is a buyers market and live happily ever after. But then again.............................

Looks pretty good to me, I lived in Witney years ago, in nothing like that though. Before the Australian property bubble bursts I might sell my over inflated house here on the Gold Coast, exchange my Aus dollars in to pounds at 40% more than I would've got in 07 at the peak of the UK property boom, make a reduced cash buyers offer in what is a buyers market and live happily ever after. But then again.............................

I'm not sure if Bardon is going to love or hate you...

This freehold detached house, located at Barford House Hempton Banbury OX15 0QS, has an estimate value of £635,498. This is higher than the average current value for homes on which is £437,114, which in turn is higher than the Zed-Index for OX15 which is £340,429. in OX15 comprises a total of 31 homes. There have been 0 property sales on in the last 3 years, with the average sold house price being £0. There are currently 74 houses for sale in OX15, one of which is at South Newington, Banbury which is listed for £750,000

From zoopla.

Whilst it undeniably is a nice nice house, it is in the middle of the great ****-all.

How many yuppies are there left with big dollars and work-from-home jobs ?

She's no doubt a beaut - and worth circa £400K if you already own a decent Range-Rover 4X4.

Edited by ZeroSumGame

2 planning applications dated 2000 and 2006 are registered against the property. So, it probably won't be a wreck.

But The transaction was done shortly after Lehman collapse (Feb 09) and in better part of Oxford,

properties are traded at Lehman + up to 10% (i.e. 2007 price). So, the relative price is perhaps out by £50k (i.e. £645k)

Zoopla valuation gives £635k

But of course, I won't buy it...

If they're asking £695K I'd guess they're hoping to achieve £650K. Would guess that most people with a grain of sense nowadays factor in what any offer is going to knock off - still only 6-ish% if my maths are right.

There's always the daft exception, though.