House Price Crash Forum

Obama's Statement Re Egypt

Reck B

HOLA441

All beaming with confidence that "we are witnessing history" fully expecting Mubarak to stand down on the day..... and he didn't.

Made him look a little silly, no?

The TFH part of my mind says it was deliberate and stage managed. I would imagine the last thing the USA wants is for the repressed people across the middle east to know that 17 odd days of protest by 1/70th of the countries population can result in immediate regime change. Imagine the instability this would create elsewhere.

Obamas 'victory speech' statement makes it look as though the US were completely taken by surprise at Mubaraks refusal to stand down until September, however, it's possible that behind the scenes they were agreeing this would be better than immediate democracy where the Egyptians might vote for someone they want as opposed to someone the US needs.

This way, the people are given their little nugget of hope and told to get back to their lives instead of throwing bricks at each other , the US are given more time to install 'their' man, whilst sending a message to the rest of the region that regimes will not be forced out immediately by 17 days of protest.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

All beaming with confidence that "we are witnessing history" fully expecting Mubarak to stand down on the day..... and he didn't.

Made him look a little silly, no?

What they show you on TV is maybe only 5% of what really happens. It's all lies and propaganda.

After all, do we really know who Mr Obama is and whether his so-called decisions are really his?

HOLA443

What they show you on TV is maybe only 5% of what really happens. It's all lies and propaganda.

After all, do we really know who Mr Obama is and whether his so-called decisions are really his?

I've never really understood why presidents in the USA are held up in such high regard and why they are portrayed in the all-powerful, final-decision-making "get me the President" type of way. I see it as a type of collective insanity that people 'need' such a figure-head.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Nows he's stood down and I feel a bit silly.

Sorry Obama, how could I ever doubt you?

Still, Why is this still being reported as an "Egypt crisis"? I see nothing but celebration

How could you ever doubt the people? I reckon the same brew is bubbling for Britain and the US - young people looking ahead and wondering where all the fcukin money has gone.

HOLA447

Still, Why is this still being reported as an "Egypt crisis"? I see nothing but celebration

The word crisis has the same roots as 'crux', a central point about which something rotates, such as the central point of an argument, or series of events.

A crisis is the turning point in a situation, a crucial or decisive event.. It is not necessarily bad or negative.

HOLA448

Wait til you see what happens next... :unsure:

I'll tell you seeing as you seem concerned. The only thing that separates the Arabs is their dictators, once they are gone they will walk to the border fences and take them down, including the big one around the fertile parts of Palestine.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

:rolleyes:

you think it's unlikely compared to the borders within Europe coming down after the wars we've had? I can drive from Paris to Berlin without anyone even asking for my ID. Not even a common language between us. Once the pressure from United Arabia is on enough the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_right_of_return will be seen as the only way of "maintaining peace and stability in the region" and the 5,778,468 million Jewish Palestinians will have to share power with the 6,495,132 Muslim Palestinians who they will invite back in with the best forced smiles they can manage. Humanity has to learn a group of people can't just take a country that isn't theirs and not pay any rent. I expect they'll get on fine once they remember they all like humus.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

yeah, well, far be it for me to suggest Alex Jones doesn't know everything about everything and that Americans utterly control every last thing that happens on earth but on this one he should just admit the octopus was caught napping. While i believe much of what he says on some issues he doesn't seem to have anything much on this topic, some unsubstantiated claims of funding with no evidence of what if any effect the claimed funding might have had. Really unless the illuminati invented facebook i think they'll have to relinquish any claims for this one. AJ seems to be using the "bullsh!t baffles brains" tactic more and more these days, just throwing in lots of good old anti-NWO homily stuff to keep idiots confused.

And it's muslim not moozlim :rolleyes:

HOLA4413

I'll tell you seeing as you seem concerned. The only thing that separates the Arabs is their dictators, once they are gone they will walk to the border fences and take them down, including the big one around the fertile parts of Palestine.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thats the funniest thing I have read all week. You are a genuine comedian of the highest order!

HOLA4414

you think it's unlikely compared to the borders within Europe coming down after the wars we've had? I can drive from Paris to Berlin without anyone even asking for my ID. Not even a common language between us. Once the pressure from United Arabia is on enough the http://en.wikipedia....right_of_return will be seen as the only way of "maintaining peace and stability in the region" and the 5,778,468 million Jewish Palestinians will have to share power with the 6,495,132 Muslim Palestinians who they will invite back in with the best forced smiles they can manage. Humanity has to learn a group of people can't just take a country that isn't theirs and not pay any rent. I expect they'll get on fine once they remember they all like humus.

Look I know that you as a muslim can't wait for your muslim utopia, but guess what... a few other people in the world don't feel like you brother :rolleyes:

HOLA4415

Humanity has to learn a group of people can't just take a country that isn't theirs and not pay any rent. I expect they'll get on fine once they remember they all like humus.

So what next? The Americans give the USA back to the Indians, the Australians to the Aborigines, the New Zealanders to the Maoris etc. etc.

And we all live happily ever after singing kumbaya around a camp fire?

:lol:

The Jews are going to keep Israel as long as there's organised religion on this earth, and I as a non-Jew am very happy about that. :)

HOLA4416

So what next? The Americans give the USA back to the Indians, the Australians to the Aborigines, the New Zealanders to the Maoris etc. etc.

Did you miss the bit where i mentioned the numbers involved?

And we all live happily ever after singing kumbaya around a camp fire?

quaint

The Jews are going to keep Israel as long as there's organised religion on this earth, and I as a non-Jew am very happy about that. :)

I can't see why anyone other than not just a jew but a paranoid persecution complex jew would think it serves them well to live under siege as they do now.

HOLA4417

Look I know that you as a muslim can't wait for your muslim utopia, but guess what... a few other people in the world don't feel like you brother :rolleyes:

First there was tribalism in the now Arabic speaking regions, then Islam came and united them, they were united up until 100 years ago when the Europeans involved the whole world in WW1, the Turks lost their empire and the conquering Europeans carved it up into the arbitrary countries we have now. When they left they installed the dictators and the system of dictatorship that is there until, well, about now. The Islam that united them is still there and still unites them. As does the common language. As does the history and culture. If you could see what i do at my local mosque in a university town where Arab students from all over hang out, you'd see they are very much united more than not.

Compare it to Europe after 2 massive wars, and now look at it. I would say the Arab world has a far more chance of uniting than Europe had.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Did you miss the bit where i mentioned the numbers involved?

Ah I see. So when you said 'Humanity has to learn a group of people can't just take a country that isn't theirs and not pay any rent' what you actually meant was:

'Humanity has to learn a group of people can't just take a country that isn't theirs and not pay any rent unless there are fewer people in the taken country, in which case it's acceptable'.

So, tell me, how many 'palestinians' were in Israel when Israel was given to the jews?

And was 'palestine' territory in the past only Israel, or does it include any other countries? :rolleyes:

HOLA4420

Ah I see. So when you said 'Humanity has to learn a group of people can't just take a country that isn't theirs and not pay any rent' what you actually meant was:

'Humanity has to learn a group of people can't just take a country that isn't theirs and not pay any rent unless there are fewer people in the taken country, in which case it's acceptable'.

As usual debate with you quickly descends into you putting words in my mouth. Clearly it is not ok but it is far less likely to revert back when the original people have been all but wiped out. When the numbers are as in this case the complete opposite where there are still more of the rightful owners of the land than there are occupiers, well most people will understand that your comparison is not relevant.

So, tell me, how many 'palestinians' were in Israel when Israel was given to the jews?

Plenty, and it wasn't given, it was taken with brutal terrorism and mass murder by the Stern Gang http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stern_gang

And was 'palestine' territory in the past only Israel, or does it include any other countries? :rolleyes:

what's with the :rolleyes: all the time?

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

How many 'palestinians' were in Israel when Israel was given to the jews?

Was 'palestine' territory in the past only Israel, or does it include any other countries?

cool so you've got some information, but you're holding it back, you're going to wait until I drop a big one and BOOM you score a point.

Would be more helpful though in a debate if you just bring out the information you have so we can discuss it.

So what's your point? Come on and we'll discuss it like normal people. Or are you going back to your typical level

:unsure:
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Do you really think you know a lot about this?

HOLA4423

You're as bad as donkey boy. I have to assume neither of you have anything to bring to the debate or you'd have said it.

I live in Saudi Arabia and most of my colleagues are Arabs.

Sure they are united - unless one is a shia and then then wont cooperate with each other, What if he is a Harbi, oh we Otaibi's prefer Qahtani's although not all the time, they can be back stabbing ba$tards. Of course no one likes Al Dossary's either. We love our Sudanese long lost cousins today but tomorrow they are just another low cast Sudanese..............

Of course when the time comes we will be at the front with our arab brothers to tear the fence down. Don't be fooled by our apparent desire to laze about all day eating dates and coffee and only getting up for a piss or to bugger the maid :lol:

On a day to day basis I quite like arabs - but dynamic and unified? Your shunk habit is taking its toll.

HOLA4424

I live in Saudi Arabia and most of my colleagues are Arabs.

Sure they are united - unless one is a shia and then then wont cooperate with each other, What if he is a Harbi, oh we Otaibi's prefer Qahtani's although not all the time, they can be back stabbing ba$tards. Of course no one likes Al Dossary's either. We love our Sudanese long lost cousins today but tomorrow they are just another low cast Sudanese..............

yes tribalism still exists among Arabs (it is dying out though it seems) and so does nationalism now but you are seeing it in daily politics, it can effect job prospects if you are from a different family background or religion etc, it's not something that is condoned in Islam but it is something that was predicted to persist. But this "street" level of disunity you see stretches throughout the entire world, you could take the borders down with or without it, it makes no difference. However just as you are seeing now in Egypt on the bigger issues they are easily capable of putting it aside.

5422739360_f12d31da96.jpg

Don't be fooled by our apparent desire to laze about all day eating dates and coffee and only getting up for a piss or to bugger the maid :lol:

You're very causal about stabbing them in the back with some massively insulting stereotyping. Typical expat mentality. Just latch onto the worst you hear. It'll be good stories for later when you're the local expert on Arab culture back home.

HOLA4425

But this "street" level of disunity you see stretches throughout the entire world, you could take the borders down with or without it, it makes no difference.

Just because everyone hates their 'leaders' doesn't mean they don't hate each other too. Revolutions normally progress from 'throw the bastards out' to a war of all against all as the competing groups in the population vie to become the new 'bastards'.

Archived