House Price Crash Forum
Realistbear

Former Bo E Chick Katy Barker: House Prices Will Drop A Tinsy Winsy Bit This Year

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-02-11/barker-says-u-k-house-prices-may-drift-lower-as-confidence-weakens.html

Barker Says U.K. Home Prices May ‘Drift a Little’ Lower in 2011

By Scott "Scotty" Hamilton and Linda "Lin" Yueh - Feb 11, 2011 12:01 AM GMT
.Former Bank of England policy maker Kate Barker said U.K. house prices may extend their decline this year as Britons’ confidence weakens and banks continue to restrict lending.
“I find it hard to see house prices picking up any time soon,” Barker said in a Bloomberg Television interview recorded late yesterday in London. “My general expectation is they may drift a little bit lower this year. But I wouldn’t be talking about a big fall.”
Home values fell for a fourth month in January after the economic recovery stuttered and consumers faced a lack of mortgage finance, Acadametrics Ltd. said today. While interest rates remain at a record low, banks have curtailed lending to help rebuild balance sheets after the financial crisis, making it harder for potential homebuyers to get mortgages. Home-loan approvals fell in December to the lowest since March 2009.
“It’s pretty clear that transactions are low,” Barker said. “The reason everything is very weak in the housing market at the moment is because the deposit requirements have risen,
so we have fewer first-time buyers coming in to market.”

Either Katy has a huge VI in a BTL portfolio or she is one dumb-ass bit*ch.

The reason the market is not moving is because houses are too dear.

kate barker.jpg

post-1066-0-63243600-1297416205_thumb.jpg

Edited by Realistbear

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-02-11/barker-says-u-k-house-prices-may-drift-lower-as-confidence-weakens.html

Barker Says U.K. Home Prices May ‘Drift a Little’ Lower in 2011

Either Katy has a huge VI in a BTL portfolio or she is one dumb-ass bit*ch.

The reason the market is not moving is because houses are too dear.

She was tasked with sticking her head into the housing market and having a good look around and report on her findings.

Somehow she missed the unaffordable, untenable mortgage finance ponzi scheme - one big enough to create bank runs and lay the rest of the economy to waste with the mortgage effluent. Maybe she got confused by looking at the activities of the banks in the housing market with her ****.

They really cannot except the simple fact that houses are too expensive and need to come down to affordable levels.

It's a race to the bottom now between house prices and the value of money. I've no idea which will win as the market is dictating lower prices but TPTB keep ignoring the elephant in the room and shoving cannon fodder towards the housing ponzi scheme so they can keep their place near the top. That's what happens when you have corrupt BTL spivs running the country.

They really cannot except the simple fact that houses are too expensive and need to come down to affordable levels.

It's a race to the bottom now between house prices and the value of money. I've no idea which will win as the market is dictating lower prices but TPTB keep ignoring the elephant in the room and shoving cannon fodder towards the housing ponzi scheme so they can keep their place near the top. That's what happens when you have corrupt BTL spivs running the country.

Well the Bankrupt of England pension fund is playing with TIPS so maybe their mind is on other things - apparently those TIPS are doing rather well as the bank refuses to derail its inflation inducing policies.

They were out of touch and clueless about banking - it blew up in their face.

They are out of touch and clueless about the affect of rising costs - this too is going to blow up in their face. None of them have ever run a business or done an honest days work inthe economy they have been screwing nearly every day since they gained their blessed independence.

I don't think this indicates anything more than the conviction that they want to land this sucker gently, rather than crash it into terminal 4.

Are they right to want to do this? Dunno, but it's moot as I don't think they'll succeed. They need enough people to come in and buy at every stage of the crash, and I just don't see that happening.

I don't think this indicates anything more than the conviction that they want to land this sucker gently, rather than crash it into terminal 4.

Are they right to want to do this? Dunno, but it's moot as I don't think they'll succeed. They need enough people to come in and buy at every stage of the crash, and I just don't see that happening.

They are going to look even more foolish than they presently do if after squandering all this money and time, we still have a significant crash.

I think history shows that it is better to get the crash out of the way swiftly and move on. Argentina's crash ten years ago is now a distant memory. Japan has never fully recovered from their bubble popping ten years before that.

If things stay the same, I expect that UK economic growth in 2013 will be lower than Iceland, Ireland and Greece.

They are going to look even more foolish than they presently do if after squandering all this money and time, we still have a significant crash.

I think history shows that it is better to get the crash out of the way swiftly and move on. Argentina's crash ten years ago is now a distant memory. Japan has never fully recovered from their bubble popping ten years before that.

If things stay the same, I expect that UK economic growth in 2013 will be lower than Iceland, Ireland and Greece.

Yes, it's a bit like getting into a cold sea really, really, really slowly... actually, what it really reminds me of is the scene at the end of Airplane! where they're actually trying to land and the plane is careening all over the place. In reality, it would have been a fireball, but the BOE are going with the movie version...

“It’s pretty clear that transactions are low,” Barker said. “The reason everything is very weak in the housing market at the moment is because the deposit requirements have risen, so we have fewer first-time buyers coming in to market.”

Don't worry Kate, Grantley Chapps is working on a creative, innovative plan with his banksta and VI chummies.

Feb. 3 2011 (Bloomberg) -- Taylor Wimpey Plc , the U.K.’s second-

largest homebuilder by volume, appointed former Bank of England

policy maker Kate Barker as an independent non-executive

director.

Barker , a member of the bank’s Monetary Policy Committee

from 2001 to 2010, will join the London-based company on April

21, according to a statement today. In 2004, she led a review

into ways that the U.K. government could make homes more

affordable by spurring housing supply.

“She will bring to the company a wealth of economic and

political experience as well as a detailed knowledge of the

housing industry,” Taylor Wimpey Chairman Kevin Beeston said in

the statement.

Barker is also a board member of the Homes and Communities

Agency and a non-executive director of Electra Private Equity

Plc, a London-based buyout fund.

This Kate Barker "earnings" link is better because it mentions the £60k and her positions at YBS and investment bank Credit Suisse

Ex rate setter Barker joins Taylor Wimpey 4 February 2011, 8:01am

Kate Barker, a former member of the Bank of England's monetary policy committee, is to join the board of Taylor Wimpey.

Barker, who served on the MPC from 2001 to 2010 and was a housing advisor to the Government, will join the housebuilder as a non-executive director in April. She is expected to earn £60,000 a year in the part-time role — just the latest she has taken up since she left Threadneedle Street.

Barker is a non-executive director of Electra Private Equity and Yorkshire Building Society as well as a senior advisor to investment bank Credit Suisse.

She will stand down from her board position at the Homes and Communities Agency before joining Taylor Wimpey

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/markets/article.html?in_article_id=522355&in_page_id=3

This Kate Barker "earnings" link is better because it mentions the £60k and her positions at YBS and investment bank Credit Suisse

Taylor-Wimpey excecutive eh? What a naughty little chick she is. She should declare her interests before making biased statements to the market.

E.g. "I used to work for the BoE and got it wrong so many times that my credibility was shot. I am now tied in with people who sell houses so anything I say to boost the housing market should be taken with a large pinch of salt because I am willing to lie like a rug if the people I work for pay me enough."

Edited by Realistbear