House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Sub-Prime Liar Loan Party Is Over In The U K

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-02-10/subprime-mortgage-bond-party-over-as-u-k-borrowing-costs-set-to-rise.html

Subprime Mortgage `Party Over' as U.K. Borrowing Costs to Rise
The rally in U.K. subprime mortgage-backed bonds that has cut yield spreads by 75 percent in less than two years may be about to end as policy makers deliberate increases in benchmark borrowing costs.
“The party is now about to end,”
said Patrick Janssen, who helps manage more than 10 billion pounds ($16 billion) at M&G Investments in London. “Prices have gone too far.”
Spreads tumbled to about 3 percentage points from 12 percentage points in June 2009 as record low interest rates helped borrowers that don’t meet standard lending conditions keep up payments on their loans. Mortgage costs are about to rise, according to the median of 39 experts surveyed by Bloomberg who predict the Bank of England will increase benchmark rates this year.

I always thought that, in the final days of the housing boom, the bond market would call time. Get ready folks, its begun and Zoopla confimr it has.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-02-10/subprime-mortgage-bond-party-over-as-u-k-borrowing-costs-set-to-rise.html

Subprime Mortgage `Party Over' as U.K. Borrowing Costs to Rise
The rally in U.K. subprime mortgage-backed bonds that has cut yield spreads by 75 percent in less than two years may be about to end as policy makers deliberate increases in benchmark borrowing costs.
“The party is now about to end,”
said Patrick Janssen, who helps manage more than 10 billion pounds ($16 billion) at M&G Investments in London. “Prices have gone too far.”
Spreads tumbled to about 3 percentage points from 12 percentage points in June 2009 as record low interest rates helped borrowers that don’t meet standard lending conditions keep up payments on their loans. Mortgage costs are about to rise, according to the median of 39 experts surveyed by Bloomberg who predict the Bank of England will increase benchmark rates this year.

I always thought that, in the final days of the housing boom, the bond market would call time. Get ready folks, its begun and Zoopla confimr it has.

..............Anyone wonna LIAR LOAN?

:D:D:D

800px-Hand-Writing-upon-the-Wall-Gillray.jpeg

See my signature below: FINALLY the chicken is coming home to roost?....?

Mene mene, tekel upharsin....... :rolleyes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mene_mene_tekel_upharsin

Edited by eric pebble

LIAR LOAN is an anagram of ORAL NAIL, if that sticks in your throat, where is Erranta when you need him.

The phrase the writing on the wall has come to signify a portent of doom—or the end of an organization or activity. To attribute to someone the ability to "read the writing on the wall" has come to signify the ability to foresee (not necessarily supernaturally) an inevitable decline and end.

The Oxford English Dictionary entry on writing has literary references to this phrase in English, including the following verse from the poem "The Run Upon The Bankers" by Jonathan Swift:

A baited banker thus desponds,

From his own hand foresees his fall,

They have his soul, who have his bonds;

'Tis like the writing on the wall.

;)

The phrase the writing on the wall has come to signify a portent of doom—or the end of an organization or activity. To attribute to someone the ability to "read the writing on the wall" has come to signify the ability to foresee (not necessarily supernaturally) an inevitable decline and end.

The Oxford English Dictionary entry on writing has literary references to this phrase in English, including the following verse from the poem "The Run Upon The Bankers" by Jonathan Swift:

;)

nice one IC BEER PLEB

Lenders in Europe have $41 billion of non-conforming mortgage-backed securities outstanding, of which 94 percent are originated in the U.K., according to Moody’s Investors Service

Move along, nothing to see here :ph34r:

..............Anyone wonna LIAR LOAN?

:D:D:D

800px-Hand-Writing-upon-the-Wall-Gillray.jpeg

See my signature below: FINALLY the chicken is coming home to roost?....?

Mene mene, tekel upharsin....... :rolleyes:

http://en.wikipedia...._tekel_upharsin

Mr Pebble - did you notice this from the wikipedia text right next to the writing-on-the-wall picture:

edit: beat me to it - thought I was being clever!
Edited by okaycuckoo

Mr Pebble - did you notice this from the wikipedia text right next to the writing-on-the-wall picture:

edit: beat me to it - thought I was being clever!

Good i'n't!! :P