House Price Crash Forum

Keeping Up With The Joneses Left Me Bankrupt 63,000 Women A Year Becoming Bankrupt

HOLA441

The hordes of suckers who have been drawn into obsessive conspicuous over-consumption, such as this silly facile woman, are to me, all suffering from arrested development.

It isn't a house and other things that are subject to their acquisitiveness: it's a sort of replay of their Doll's Houses, My Little Pony Collection and Barbie Goes to Hollywood!

Also note (As a previous poster commented) the tasteful tattoo. And the failed attempt she has made with hair style and treatment and make-up to try and be attractive: with her fat ass and thunder thighs, no way: yet despite financial desperation etc, she still wears silly shoes with killer heels.

One day, perhaps, she and the hundreds of thousands like her might actually grow up: I'm not holding my breath however........

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

what fraud?

a fraud is deceiving someone into doing something to their disadvantage.

Sure the Liar loan is a fraud, but she has lost her house...the bankruptcy covers money she cant repay, but it is up to the bankers who loaned the money to provide evidence of a fraud.

They havent, so there is no crime.

Now where's the motivation to do that when we lent gave the bankers the money to cover the loss?

HOLA444

There's a grain of truth in that statement.

I'm married now but was long-term single for years and believe me, this country is full of vain women living way beyond their means expecting to meet a wealthy bloke to bail them out of their debt. Even hinting they cut down a bit meant the next date was off - good riddance too.

Too true. They now use internet dating to meet the man of their dreams (i.e. one who owns his own house, has a good job and a lifestyle that fits in with their 'aspirations').

Prostitution really.

HOLA445

To look at my girlfriend's ex-husband you would think he was seriously wealthy, big detached house, top-of-the-range Mercedes, he owns a wine bar and is a fairly well-known local businessman.

But there are now two charges against the house which was bought IO and is in £100,000 of negative equity, the car is about to be repo'd and the VAT man is circling for the kill. I have a tiny rented flat, no job and a 14 year old car but I am far wealthier than he is although you would never in a million years think so from superficial appearances.

My 6 year old son has 6,000 in his child trust fund. Obviuosly he has no debt, giving a net wealth of 6,000.

He's wealtheir than about 60% of the people I chat to when I'm out drinking.

He's about £206K wealthier than someone I know who bought a big house in 2006.

HOLA446

. And the failed attempt she has made with hair style and treatment and make-up to try and be attractive: with her fat ass and thunder thighs, no way: yet despite financial desperation etc, she still wears silly shoes with killer heels.

OOh, horny hippo. If she ever wants to earn an easy £5 ...

Well, she's way over 25.

HOLA447
HOLA448

that is very interesting...course, where is the other half of the story...the WHY the prosecution?

interestingly too, I saw somewhere that under proceeds of crime act, the handling solicitor may also be guilty of an offence.

The problem of liar loans is that they are not just the borrower....they are the income evidence provider, the seller, the solicitor, the valuer, the banker, the investment banker....it goes right through the whole system.

A little birdy has told me that indemnity insurance for solicitors (already massively high) will go through the roof this year. Have no idea why that would be.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Didn't have much sympathy before I even began reading it and any little I did have was totally evaporated upon reading this little gem:

On top of that, I bought a £10,000 silver Golf on finance, justifying the expense by saying I needed to look the part.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I want you all to set yourselves a target.

If you do not tick all the following boxes by the age of 40:

-Own a Mercedes under 2 years old

-Own a 4 bed detached house, well kept

-Own a horse

-Have 2+ holidays a year ABROAD

-Have a holiday home ABROAD

-Have a wardrobe full of nice clothes under 6 months old

YOU ARE A LOSER, BIG TIME. :lol: Now go stress.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1355354/Keeping-Joneses-left-bankrupt.html

Please stop laughing at the back.

Still as an estate agent house prices only ever go up right? This plan was full proof, she was an estate agent after all....

Having debt on one level isn't a problem providing you can service the debt......

So rather than living within your means she decided to spend lots of money they hadn't got but the banks where more than willing to lend.

Lucky for her no debtors prison anymore; she can go bankrupt and carry on with only minimal disruption.

Perhaps the law should be changed so you can never escape your housing debt, similar to Spain and some other countries.

Could make people think twice before racking up this kind of debt.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Taking stuff and not giving it back. However, there needs to be some way of distinguishing between someone going bankrupt because they were an obviously greedy over-spending moron and someone going bankrupt because they made an honest go at getting a business going (for example) but it failed.

You'd really have to set aside all the transactions leading to the bankruptcy too then.

The sale of the car on finance should be unwound - i.e. Volkswagen take the car back and reimburse. It was clearly sold 'illegally'.

The house sale should be unwound - ditto. Including a reimbursement of the stamp duty, solicitors fees etc which were obtained illegally.

All the Tesco bills for food which was sold illegally to a person who was clearly insolvent.

The petrol and garage costs for maintaining the cars.

The hotels in Majorca or wherever they went who illegally sold rooms to an insolvent soon to be criminal bankrupt.

The userous interest paid on the unsecured debts to the banksters and finance companies which was far higher than it needed to be to compensate for the risk of bankruptcy and still turn a profit. Inc. of course the salaries and bonuses of the banks for the last decade which must have been paid out illegally from booked profits yet to materialise and which were in fact based upon lending to people who were subsequently insolvent.

Etc etc etc.

I suggest for simpilicity all transactions since 1st January 2000 are deemed null and void and set aside.

HOLA4418

Imagine two people, both on a modest income, both employed but always at risk of unemployment.

In today's Britian, with owner occupancy rates plunginging towards 60%, neither is likely to ever become a home owner. Also neither is likely to ever accumulate a decent pension.

One lives strictly within their modest means, no debt and actually manages to scrape together a nest egg of say £10 to 15k. Of course a six month spell of unemployment would see their savings eaten up, and that could happen at any time.

The other decides to go on a massive, credit fuelled bender. No question, it'll end in tears, but how long can they keep the wolves at bay while they live the high life? Three years, four years, five years? Longer?

Eventually they both end up in the same place. Both living cramped lives of resentful anger or quiet desperation. But their journeys to that inevitable shared end were very different.

Who's the smart one?

And that's the problem when you mix the fatal cocktail of falling living standards, easy credit, and a welfare safety net. The earning prospects of millions are so threadbare that the only sensible course of action is to game the system for as long as you can get away with it. Because I don't see how the lady in in the OP is any worse off than if she'd behaved prudently.

HOLA4419

I want you all to set yourselves a target.

If you do not tick all the following boxes by the age of 40:

-Own a Mercedes Ford under 20 years old

-Own a bit of a 4 bed detached house, well kept

-Own a some bits of horse in the form of tesco value sausages

-Have 2+ holidays a year ABROAD in a caravan

-Have a holiday home kids playhouse ABROAD in the back garden.

-Have a wardrobe full of nice clothes under 6 months old

YOU ARE A LOSER, BIG TIME. :lol: Now go stress.

Edited for lower stress levels...

HOLA4420
On top of that, I bought a £10,000 silver Golf on finance, justifying the expense by saying I needed to look the part.

Didn't have much sympathy before I even began reading it and any little I did have was totally evaporated upon reading this little gem:

I suppose at least she didn't buy a Rangie Sport with Overfinch conversion and the oh so essential 24" chrome alloys.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

This woman must have seen some very harsh winters if she's 40 years old! She buys a Golf because "she want's to look the part" but has a tattoo in the most prominent position ever and dresses in the most hideous ill-matching garb. The women is, like so many estate agents, is veneer thin.

Just think, this mess has just started. We are going to see a million stories just like this one. :lol: Hopefully they can spotlight a better looking women next time. :unsure:

HOLA4424

And that's the problem when you mix the fatal cocktail of falling living standards, easy credit, and a welfare safety net. The earning prospects of millions are so threadbare that the only sensible course of action is to game the system for as long as you can get away with it. Because I don't see how the lady in in the OP is any worse off than if she'd behaved prudently.

The fact that we've had (still have?) a credit crunch and now have a bankrupt gov't should mean that the days of easy credit and a comfortable safety net are over, so the ability to play the system should have been a one off and is now off the table. I said "should".....With these twilight zone economists and politicians we have running things who knows how much longer the games will continue.

HOLA4425

This woman must have seen some very harsh winters if she's 40 years old! She buys a Golf because "she want's to look the part" but has a tattoo in the most prominent position ever and dresses in the most hideous ill-matching garb. The women is, like so many estate agents, is veneer thin.

Just think, this mess has just started. We are going to see a million stories just like this one. :lol: Hopefully they can spotlight a better looking women next time. :unsure:

Meanwhile over here in Ireland all the political parties are now engaged in sopping up to the negative equity generation as election time fast approaches: e.g

http://www.eveningecho.ie/news/ireland/fg-to-extend-mortgage-interest-relief-if-elected-492173.html

http://www.labour.ie/mariemoloney/news/12421422669344.html

http://www.fiannafail.ie/news/entry/wallace-welcomes-extension-to-mortgage-interest-relief/

Sadly the main political parties all seem to think bailing out the negative equity brigade will somehow right the country's dire finances: at the expense of those of us who didn't believe the BS. Utter lunacy pandering to these people who as with the above mentioned lady have only themselves to blame for buying into the lie.

Let them flog their overpriced shoeboxes, leopardskin clothes and souped up boy racer muppet mobiles and come back into the real world.