House Price Crash Forum
man o' the year

Interest Rates Tomorrow?

I cannot see it myself but does anyone think we will see any rise at all tomorrow?

unlikely. I'd imagine by June though they'll be up. especially if inflation is staying "surprisingly" high.

If they raise they will add to the inflation in short term raising tracker rates. If they did raise imagine the bbc news media frenzy! Dont panic! Newsreader to hire an Expert - what does this mean?

Guest The Relaxation Suite

I cannot see it myself but does anyone think we will see any rise at all tomorrow?

No. If we are lucky they might go up 0.25% by Christmas.

No chance so soon in the year. Markets have factored in 0.75% by the end of the year, but I see that as 3 x 0.25% over June, Sept, November

Edited by exiges

Guest The Relaxation Suite

We should all agree to do something crazy in the unlikely event that they actually get increased tomorrow

Don't worry. They won't.

No chance of a rise just yet - the minutes of the meeting are more interesting than the announcement - maybe we'll get 3 people voting for a rise this month. Personally I think 2 will continue to vote for a rise and as another poster mentioned, the vigilance will continue

No chance of a rise just yet - the minutes of the meeting are more interesting than the announcement - maybe we'll get 3 people voting for a rise this month. Personally I think 2 will continue to vote for a rise and as another poster mentioned, the vigilance will continue

I have it on good authority that King - realising the error of his ways - will coerce the MPC (including a teary-eyed and remorseful Posen) into raising IRs back to the long-run average of 5%.

Okay when I say 'good authority'; a vagrant accosted me this morning for some loose change and half of my cigarette. He muttered something by way of thanks which i'm certain was the aforementioned 'insider information'. I've just checked on Forex and they're still forecasting 0.50%; if only they knew.

Up .25%. You heard it here first, taxi driver told me so must be true.

I agree, up 0.25, all part of their ploy to get some volumes moving in the housing market. The media (especially Newsnight Scotland last night) have been pushing the "fix your mortgage" and "prices must fall" mantra`s all last month.

oh wot the hell

I'll go for a 0.5 shock rise

Merv has to grow a pair sometime

I also fancy Shergar in the 2.20 at Ripon

and Man City for the CL