House Price Crash Forum

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1355328/Nick-Clegg-forced-sack-Treasury-spokesman-pours-scorn-weasel-Osbornes-deal-banks.html

Remember their being a thread on this VI doofus a few months back, upset that banks arent lending more to get house prices rising again.

He has a large property portfolio too IIRC.

One less ponzi puppet in the govt, hopefully.

Remember their being a thread on this VI doofus a few months back, upset that banks arent lending more to get house prices rising again.

He was on Newsnight just a few weeks ago continuously saying to Kirsty Wark - watch this space. Watch what we'll do to the banks.

I actually believe he is truly pi55ed off that the banks got away with it. Shows that this govt is absolutely no different to the last one.

He was on Newsnight just a few weeks ago continuously saying to Kirsty Wark - watch this space. Watch what we'll do to the banks.

I actually believe he is truly pi55ed off that the banks got away with it. Shows that this govt is absolutely no different to the last one.

He's pi$$ed the banks wont give anyone, everyone and their dogs mortgages again and inflate his property portfolio to a level that makes him look even more filthy rich.

Thats all. Toys. Prams.

When i saw him on NN he really did come across as one of the Liebour Browntards that really dont 'get it'

He accused Treasury officials of 'an awful combination of arrogance and incompetence', adding: 'Most of them couldn't negotiate themselves out of a paper bag

It would be interesting to see how many treasury officials have left to join banks in recent years.

Ahh, heres the original thread i was thinking of

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=156520

Handily entitled...

Libdem Lord Oakeshott Is A Property Vi Misleading B@stard

Journalists will find the info in this tread very useful

:lol::lol::lol:

Lord Oakeshott of Seagrove Bay

Biography

My professional career is investing in commercial property, mainly shops and industrial property,

It would be interesting to see how many treasury officials have left to join banks in recent years.

I know one personally :ph34r:

Went from Treasury to join negotiating team for government relations at a Merlin bank.

Regularly meets with old colleagues.

Well if you read The Grauniad's take on this - he was miffed that the gubbimint capitulated so easily to the banksters. And had the cojones to say so!

So, no I don't rejoice in Oakshott's removal. I think he was one of the good guys.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1355328/Nick-Clegg-forced-sack-Treasury-spokesman-pours-scorn-weasel-Osbornes-deal-banks.html

Yep;

" Libdem Lord Oakeshott Is A Property Vi Misleading B@stard "

" Journalists will find the info in this tread very useful "

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=156520&view=findpost&p=2830142

He was "truly pi55ed" with the banks, but not for the reasons you've imagined. He was pi55ed because the banks were not lending to FTBers any more, and his property "portfolio" was threatened. He was/is a property VI b@stard. Take a look at my thread, linked above.

Edited by Tired of Waiting

Well if you read The Grauniad's take on this - he was miffed that the gubbimint capitulated so easily to the banksters. And had the cojones to say so!

So, no I don't rejoice in Oakshott's removal. I think he was one of the good guys.

His upset is the right response, however, i believe it is for the wrong reasons.

ie. the ponzi doesnt work unless the banks let it.

Guess he didnt load up on commodities and is still too deep in housing.

Good guys?

Dont trust any of them, especially the ones that tell you they want to help you.

Good guys?

Dont trust any of them, especially the ones that tell you they want to help you.

I've seen this guy on Newsnight or elsewhere. I rarely side with any politico, but I'll make a judgement call on him. He's and ex City boy and makes his dough apparently through commercial property.

He don't need the dough, and I got the impression that he was for reform a la Glass Steagall - Britains only way forward IMHO.

Just an impression mind. Hard factual evidence to the contrary and I'll change my opinion.

Oakeshott told the Guardian: "I'm afraid the banks have taken the Treasury for a ride and I've decided I'm more comfortable saying that from the backbenches."

Edited by ZeroSumGame

I've seen this guy on Newsnight or elsewhere. I rarely side with any politico, but I'll make a judgement call on him. He's and ex City boy and makes his dough apparently through commercial property.

He don't need the dough, and I got the impression that he was for reform a la Glass Steagall - Britains only way forward IMHO.

Just an impression mind. Hard factual evidence to the contrary and I'll change my opinion.

Oakeshott told the Guardian: "I'm afraid the banks have taken the Treasury for a ride and I've decided I'm more comfortable saying that from the backbenches."

Take a look at this: http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=156520&st=0&p=2830142entry2830142

There are links there, to his interviews (pressing banks to lend more to FTBers) , and his property interests.

Take a look at this: http://www.housepric...2

There are links there, to his interviews (pressing banks to lend more to FTBers) , and his property interests.

Am I missing something here? I've quickly ran through your other thread. Yip he suggests there should be more funds for FTBs. And?

Where does it suggest he is a BTL merchant? AFAIK tell he invests in commercial property and not domestic.

He's not the Wilsons or anyone of that genre.

Am I missing something here? I've quickly ran through your other thread. Yip he suggests there should be more funds for FTBs. And?

Where does it suggest he is a BTL merchant? AFAIK tell he invests in commercial property and not domestic.

He's not the Wilsons or anyone of that genre.

More credit means higher prices. If you want the bubble to burst, we need less credit, not more credit. If he were honest and had understood economics he would not be lobbying for more credit.

...he would like Gordo back to blow another bubble..... :rolleyes: