House Price Crash Forum
ken_ichikawa

Getting Incredibly Desparate In The Usa

In the UK the robber would have stabbed the shop keeper even after he'd handed over his money. There was recently a big reclaim the streets event somewhere in the UK. Where a child was stabbed multiple times in the head EVEN AFTER surrendering his wallet (which contained £5)

Come off it!

I've seen my fair share of crime, and it has been both polite and rude. Observing, partaking and receiving. I'd say most criminals are polite, I have seen thieves pay back, offer IOUs etc. and fulfil them.

Come off it!

I've seen my fair share of crime, and it has been both polite and rude. Observing, partaking and receiving. I'd say most criminals are polite, I have seen thieves pay back, offer IOUs etc. and fulfil them.

This guy might have been polite but he's still scum. Anyone that demands money with menaces is scum. He was drawing unemployment and still carried out this crime. What type of cretin takes an airgun to a robbery in America? The police would have terminated him on the spot if he was caught at the scene. Seattle police are tough on crime. The city as managed to rid itself of gang culture and that's the way we want to keep it. Seattle has loads of job vacancies. Indeed, this idiot gave up his work. This guy is just a criminal and I've no doubt he will be put away for a long stretch, airgun or not. I hope he never turns up at my house during the night. I've got a Browning Citori and ear plugs.

Hey- a bit more respect for bankers is in order- they are not 'scum' they are 'doing gods work'.

...don't think so ...the great JC threw them out of the temples ...and it wasn't Johnny Cash.... :rolleyes:

Edited by South Lorne

That is very cheap indeed - probably only for a young, fit person, without "pre-existing conditions", right?

My mother is 65 and lives in the US. She was paying $800 a month for insurance (that only covered 80% of costs after an enormous deductible) before becoming eligible for Medicare (which is government provided health insurance in the US for those over 65). She went bankrupt after a couple of visits to the hospital.

And the banana slugs in Northern California are totally freaky -- 6 inches long and bright yellow.