House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SarahBell

Use The Word Bubble

Why not use the word bubble to describe the house price inflation...?

Just thinking next time you're on another forum you could gently let it slip into the conversation.

Why not use the word bubble to describe the house price inflation...?

Just thinking next time you're on another forum you could gently let it slip into the conversation.

what about a double bubble?

I prefer to use the words "we are on the brink of financial armageddon".

Slightly more accurate, too. Which is nice.

Haven't we been there before and watched as the govt bailed out those who'd gambled and lost.

I fear my colleagues grow tired of my catchphrase

"jesus christ we're all completely ****ed and there's absolutely nothing anyone can do about it"

The were using the word bubble (pronounced ber be ru) in Japan when I got there in 1989, not sure if I caused it to burst though. Thinking of those days tend to make the eyes glaze over....I don't really want to talk about it. Same for most Japanese too.

Btw, by 1992 they were talking about 'the bubble jidai' or bubble period. How about that? Moves things along a bit........

Btw, by 1992 they were talking about 'the bubble jidai' or bubble period. How about that? Moves things along a bit........

Brought HPs down but didn't seem to help in the long run. By 2000 they were talking about the 'rost decade' and by 2010 the 'rost decadesu' :(

I fear my colleagues grow tired of my catchphrase

"jesus christ we're all completely ****ed and there's absolutely nothing anyone can do about it"

"we're doooooooomed"

is the shorter version.

But get the word bubble into the conversation :)

Good idea, gets the idea into peoples heads that it wasn`t normal the way prices shot up out of all control.

It will also get this site close to the top off the google list for any one who google`s bubble and if you add house price to the bubble when posting all the better

I just put "house price bubble" into google and hpc.co.uk get a couple of mentions.

Also there is one for http://ukhousebubble.blogspot.com/ and I found this within ... http://ukhousebubble.blogspot.com/2011/02/one-is-lonely-number.html ... I thought one of the main house price inflation drivers was that households were getting smaller, but according to the link the %age of single person homes has not changed in over a decade ... is this another hpi myth busted??!