House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

libitina

Fm Transmitters For Mp3 Players

Guest Charlie The Tramp
Does anyone else use them? I'm considering getting one .............

What do they do, are they another useless gizmo? I really don`t know. :(

Guest Charlie The Tramp
I've got one for my mp3 player. It's a noname cheap thing but it works quite well. Just be aware that it's technically illegal to use in the UK though you'll ever get caught since the range is about 15 meters.

Charlie you use it so you can listen to your mp3 player on your radio.

Is it good quality playback on the radio?

Does anyone else use them? I'm considering getting one .............

As another poster has mentioned they are illegal to use in the UK. Therefore if you do use one, make sure you use a frequency out of the way to avoid complaints.

What are you trying to achieve?

If you want to use your MP3 player in the car you may be able to use a tape adaptor.

If it's for your home stereo you can use a headphone to 2xphono adaptor.

Thanks guys.

Yes I am aware they're illegal here, (though I'd never heard of them before today). I currently use a tape adapter, but other cars (more modern than my fecker that failed it's MOT today :angry: ) don't have tape decks in them anymore.

There is a Company that makes adapters with a 3.5mm socket one end and the other end plugs into your CD Changer plug in the back of your car stereo, if it supports a CD Changer, most do.

Usually all you would do then is set radio to Aux mode, press play on your MP3 player and the music should be crystal clear, no messing about trying to tune and maintain a clear station with the FM transmitter.

Just be aware that it's technically illegal to use in the UK though you'll ever get caught since the range is about 15 meters.

Since 15 meters is smack in the middle of the international amateur radio frequency at approx 21mhz ish, I wouldn't count on your usage not being monitored.