House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lepista

3-D Graph Of Home Ownership

What I would dearly love to soo is a series of graphs - ideally plotted as a 3-d graph - with house prices plotted on one x-axis, household income plotted on the second x-axis, and number of households plotted on the y-axis.

If someone could point me towards where I might be able to find such data, I could have a bash at knocking one up.

It would be very revealing to see how income is related to the actual property lived in.

A separate excercise would be to add age groups in there too.

ask the cml if they would like to share.

They would only be able to give mortgage related information - I was wanting to see the entire population.

Govermenet census statistics will have number of households and possibly income too. I have am old book from about 2002. I'll look when I get home.

Don't forget to chart interest rates too, particularly average mortgage rates. Without them, the nominal price is pretty useless.

Not really relevant to what I'm trying to see - who lives where, is all.

My suspicion is that the larger (more expensive) houses are lived in by older householders with perhaps a lesser average income, but it would be interesting to see the actual data.

Not really relevant to what I'm trying to see - who lives where, is all.

My suspicion is that the larger (more expensive) houses are lived in by older householders with perhaps a lesser average income, but it would be interesting to see the actual data.

English Housing Survey 2008-09 Household Report (pubished October 2010):

http://www.communities.gov.uk/documents/statistics/pdf/1750765.pdf

Source page (including spreadsheets):

http://www.communities.gov.uk/publications/corporate/statistics/ehs200809householdreport

various 'facts' including earnings...they also do an excel spreadsheet containing data if you search for 'economic factbook'.

http://www.lloydsban...PressOffice.pdf

EDIT:

http://www.lloydsbankinggroup.com/media1/research/economic_factbook.asp

This is useful (to me at least). The table at the beginning of the document shows that wages have increased by 44% between 2000 and 2009 more than the reported inflation. So we should expect (excluding mortgage cost) a 44% increase in house prices in that same period, as a minimum...

This is useful (to me at least). The table at the beginning of the document shows that wages have increased by 44% between 2000 and 2009 more than the reported inflation. So we should expect (excluding mortgage cost) a 44% increase in house prices in that same period, as a minimum...

Why "as a minimum"? Why not as a maximum?