House Price Crash Forum
SleepyHead

Newsnight Scotland Bear Food

The Scottish Newsnight presenter dug deep with his questioning.

He didn't allow the RICS guy to get away with the usual fluff answers.

The Scottish Newsnight presenter dug deep with his questioning.

He didn't allow the RICS guy to get away with the usual fluff answers.

You are quite right. Problem is, it's 5 years too late and faaaaar too little.

No mention of non-income veirfied mortgages and ended with JD shouting vendors will not drop their prices!

He seems to be putting a lot of confidence in Basel III restricting lending - which it seems isn't worth the paper it's written on. If banks can just create bad banks to hide poor assets in and then just base capital requirements as a percentage of a smaller good bank.

Those could be everything from uneconomic mortgages to bits of BarCap’s investment banking unit, or even shedding some of the bank’s BlackRock stake — to get rid of up to £200bn of Basel III risk-weighted assets

http://ftalphaville.ft.com/blog/2011/01/10/453391/next-up-for-barclays-a-bad-bank/

You are quite right. Problem is, it's 5 years too late and faaaaar too little.

JD.

I've commented on the other thread. But better late than never. Now that Newsnight Scotland has opened up the point for debate - build on it. Next step is to get this aired on the national feed.

Ditto. Listening now. It is much more interesting than last night's main UK Newsnight.

+1. They should swap that presenter for Paxman - he's so partial these days it's embarrassing.

He was having a love in with Tessa Jowell the other night; both of them pretending that they didn't know what the Big Society means.

There was very little there that was exclusive to Scotland and couldn't be applied to the UK on the whole. The guy on the left side tv screen was fantastic!

Edited by rantnrave

I'm sure Killer Bunny will be glad to hear that. It's him... ;)

JD is so much better on the telly now. Comes over very calm and collected now, indeed I' d say he's had some coaching. Just started to loose it at the end, but can you blame him!?

Excellent. Any pent up vendors watching that certainly got their expectations slapped out of them. JD and Brewer just reduced the other guy to fantasy speeches from the land of Peter Pan and Hamish (maybe it was Hamish?) The agenda now is almost certainly to force price drops , increasing volume and allowing lending to individuals at (much) lower multiples. (any lending is good lending to a bank though?)

Edited by dances with sheeple

JD is so much better on the telly now. Comes over very calm and collected now, indeed I' d say he's had some coaching. Just started to loose it at the end, but can you blame him!?

Yes......he was good and has been saying this for years now....long time coming, all the VIs have been rampping property prices for the last five years now doing all they can to keep the easy cash property party going, the speculation fuel has now run out, slowly but surely the penny is starting to drop.....the day of acceptance is getting closer. ;)

Yes......he was good and has been saying this for years now....long time coming, all the VIs have been rampping property prices for the last five years now doing all they can to keep the easy cash property party going, the speculation fuel has now run out, slowly but surely the penny is starting to drop.....the day of acceptance is getting closer. ;)

Yes, the masses (especially the edinburgh masses) need to watch this on a loop until it penetrates their domes. No more cheap credit = your house being "worth" Lots (less) :lol:

I imagine the guy in the crow's nest of the Titanic was making a similar fuss about that iceberg ahead. Vindication has a very calming effect.

JD - any chance of a heads up next time prior to similar stuff being on please ? I just randomly turned over but was pleasantly surprised.

Brewer/yourself stating the facts about it not being a 'real market as prices would collapse' was class.

JD - any chance of a heads up next time prior to similar stuff being on please ? I just randomly turned over but was pleasantly surprised.

No. Longer term members will know why.

I've just watched last night's Newsnight Scotland and couldn't believe how fabulous it was. Music to my ears. Jonathan Davis did get a bit fire and broomstone towards the end but still made valid points. Just magnificent. Fair play to the presenter as well, spoke calmly and objectively.

Nice work BBC!

Yes......he was good and has been saying this for years now....long time coming, all the VIs have been rampping property prices for the last five years now doing all they can to keep the easy cash property party going, the speculation LIAR LOANS fuel has now run out, slowly but surely the penny is starting to drop.....the day of acceptance is getting closer. ;)

Edited by eric pebble