House Price Crash Forum

Charlie Brooker

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

The programme evidently took a lot of time and effort to make as well as a lot of archive research etc and there seemed to be a lot of different messages being put across in various ways apart from giving the presenter an opportunity to have a good staightforward moan about things in general.

It's difficult to know which message will be the most lasting in the viewers mind. All the flashy flashing background and infill imagery or the presenter's up front justifiable moan or some sort of combination but I'm sure the programme makers have their own ideas on that.

Edited by billybong

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

I find it slightly odd that he's married Konnie Huq - I thought she represented everything he hated...

People with different outlooks can't get married? I think something called love needs to be factored in more than the ownership of a couple of BTLs.

HTVRYL is fun, but it does go over ground Charlie has already covered in Screenwipe and Newswipe, and reuses certain bits almost verbatim (the bit about the US version of "My Super Sweet 16" for example).

I'm a bit worried that Charlie is running out of material.

HOLA4411

I find it slightly odd that he's married Konnie Huq - I thought she represented everything he hated...

I know what you mean, but would you kick her out of bed for being a BTL'er?

Some phrases in the show for houses: 'Coin-shitting machines', 'Death box', 'Aspiration kennel'.

HOLA4412

I cant bump this too much - This is hilarious - watch it - there is no way on earth he hasnt visited/ isnt resident here.

I was laughing so much half way through, one of my kids got all worried about me (I had headphones on so it wasnt obvious what caused my reaction)

HOLA4413

People with different outlooks can't get married? I think something called love needs to be factored in more than the ownership of a couple of BTLs.

HTVRYL is fun, but it does go over ground Charlie has already covered in Screenwipe and Newswipe, and reuses certain bits almost verbatim (the bit about the US version of "My Super Sweet 16" for example).

Oh, I'm sure opposites attract and all that...It's just that I'd never put those two together...This is the bit she did for Screenwipe...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_cqaiaH6H8

Edited by Dave Beans

HOLA4414

He's done that tramp bit before as well.

Still very good at deconstructing and analysing stuff.

Someone's put it on Youtube for us exiles.

HOLA4415

He reinforced for me the banality of much of life - I was pi$$ing myself laughing. Brilliant, back on form for Charlie.

... has anyone read his book (just finished it recently) "Dawn of the Dumb"? Absolutely spot on.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Knowing that Brooker is now married to that Konnie person really has put me off him. What a total charlatan! He's a bit like that Will Hutton bloke espousing great lofty ideals of fairness in Society whilst all the time married to a millionaire property wife. Brooker is the sort of person who knows what strings to pull in order to further his journalistic career - a few cynical digs here, a few pointed references to house prices there. I can almost imagine hearing Brooker humping his wife all the time laughing 'there's another £X,000 in the bank , Konnie'. He is the sort of Guardian/Right on kind of person you would not want to have a beer with. He makes me want to puke. Beware of false Gods!

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Knowing that Brooker is now married to that Konnie person really has put me off him. What a total charlatan! He's a bit like that Will Hutton bloke espousing great lofty ideals of fairness in Society whilst all the time married to a millionaire property wife. Brooker is the sort of person who knows what strings to pull in order to further his journalistic career - a few cynical digs here, a few pointed references to house prices there. I can almost imagine hearing Brooker humping his wife all the time laughing 'there's another £X,000 in the bank , Konnie'. He is the sort of Guardian/Right on kind of person you would not want to have a beer with. He makes me want to puke. Beware of false Gods!

Everything you say is correct but he still makes me laugh and I would still do his wife.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

He only got sloppy seconds there, Foxtons well and trully ******ed her over first.

But X-Factor presenter? I can imagine that conversation...

Darling I'm going to presnt the X-Factor.

WHAT THE ******?

If that Cowell man thing offered her a long term gig in LA, would CB go? I could imagine he would really despise Hollywood..

HOLA4422
Guest sillybear2

Lucky bugger.

The poor girl has spent so much on property she can't afford any proper clothes. <_<

Charlie and Hollywood would be an interesting mix, but I fear it would end in some Waco style stand off and burn up.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424