House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brave New World

Charlie Brooker

I just watched the above, and it had me in stitches at points. Particularly the pop at house prices and estate agent speak right at the end.

That's worth watching alone. I wonder how many home owners squirmed when he had a go at their stupidity, perhaps that is why it was left until the absolute end?

A pretty good dig at the dumb world in general and how we have fallen for unbelievable aspirations in the last 20 years.

Sorry you beat me to it, perhaps a mod can merge the threads.

Excellent ending. Very funny.

Ah i was waiting thinking someone might post first!

Yes it was great, another few hundred thousand people have been exposed to the counter view.

Very socially observant, even if he goes a little ott very occasionaly.

Beat me to it too ! A couple of good sections on house prices.. "They didn't seem to be houses at all, but as enchanted coin sh1tting machines, it was all a collective delusion"

The whole show was brilliant though.

After watching the Bold advert lavishly their selling their powder as diamonds and flowers, Brooker just mutters in despair "f*ck me we're doomed".

I can't believe the Beeb allow it to go out, I though they suppressed independent thought.

Beat me to it too ! A couple of good sections on house prices.. "They didn't seem to be houses at all, but as enchanted coin sh1tting machines, it was all a collective delusion"

After watching the Bold advert lavishly their selling their powder as diamonds and flowers, Brooker just mutters in despair "f*ck me we're doomed".

I can't believe the Beeb allow it to go out, I though they suppressed independent thought.

Pure HPC TV gold.

Maybe Brooker gets under the wire as he comes across, from having a couple of his books, as a bit of a leftie.

They do, allowing this to go out puts distance between them and the previous brainwashing, making sheeple think that the BBC must be ahead of the curve and taking an unbiased objective view, therefore making it worth soaking up the next lot of brainwashing :lol::lol: throw your TV`s away, it is the only way to start towards freedom of thought.

I just watched the above, and it had me in stitches at points. Particularly the pop at house prices and estate agent speak right at the end.

That's worth watching alone. I wonder how many home owners squirmed when he had a go at their stupidity, perhaps that is why it was left until the absolute end?

A pretty good dig at the dumb world in general and how we have fallen for unbelievable aspirations in the last 20 years.

Wasn`t on seven years ago though was it. As I said on the other thread there is a good reason for that.

I find it slightly odd that he's married Konnie Huq - I thought she represented everything he hated...

Maybe it's an act, a TV persona. I don't believe that Clarkson believes half the guff he says on Top Gear either.

I did note Brooker slagging off 'Cameron's Britain' as if everything was peachy up until last May. All in all though, an entertaining programme.

I'm pretty sure many here were thinking these things for some time!

Media is always a little behind the curve, as they are rather detached from "real" people!

Did enjoy it though! :huh:

Maybe it's an act, a TV persona. I don't believe that Clarkson believes half the guff he says on Top Gear either.

I did note Brooker slagging off 'Cameron's Britain' as if everything was peachy up until last May. All in all though, an entertaining programme.

I dunno...he does seem a bit of a misanthrope...

Guest sillybear2

I dunno...he does seem a bit of a misanthrope...

Yeah, personally I wouldn't let him anywhere near the Big Red Button... he might get there first. The last five minutes left me in tears, it almost makes up for the fact his wife is an evil dickensian BTL'er.

I'm now off to dump my TV into a cooling pond at Sellafield.

It does look like the love affair with houses is turning. Property bulls looking stupid.

I have kind of noticed that agenda too, sometimes with Homes Under The Hammer.

Don't look at the puppet. Look at who's behind the curtain!

They send the mass one way, and then the other way. Someone's profit there.