House Price Crash Forum
Democorruptcy

Just Bought A House Because I'm Worried About Inflation

It's a chocolate house.

chocohouse.jpg

I felt I had try inflation proof myself and protect some of my chocolate purchasing power. To my mind chocolate prices are only going up from here. Lidl have cut their milk chocolate prices from 39p to 29p and milk chocolate with nuts from 45p to 29p. The floodgates have been opened on my Save For Chocolate (SFC) fund purchasing 12 bars of milk chocolate and 6 bars with nuts.

Of course chocolate inflation has no effect at all on my STR fund because that money is purely to buy a house. No point in buying a depreciating asset because something unconnected is rising in price is there? Indeed house prices could fall quicker if I am right and chocolate goes up in price. Chocolate addicts may be unable to pay so much for houses in the future, when their chocolate bills start mounting.

post-15752-0-39013600-1297105539_thumb.jpg

Edited by Redhat Sly

:lol::lol::lol:

+1 chuckle

It's a chocolate house.

I felt I had try inflation proof myself and protect some of my chocolate purchasing power. To my mind chocolate prices are only going up from here. Lidl have cut their milk chocolate prices from 39p to 29p and milk chocolate with nuts from 45p to 29p. The floodgates have been opened on my Save For Chocolate (SFC) fund purchasing 12 bars of milk chocolate and 6 bars with nuts.

Of course chocolate inflation has no effect at all on my STR fund because that money is purely to buy a house. No point in buying a depreciating asset because something unconnected is rising in price is there? Indeed house prices could fall quicker if I am right and chocolate goes up in price. Chocolate addicts may be unable to pay so much for houses in the future, when their chocolate bills start mounting.

That seems very cheap. What's the chocolate like?

Smart move. I hope you've got physical chocolate and not just a "promise to pay the bearer" paper note

Will the World Run Out of Chocolate by 2014?

January 29, 2011 by Bruce Wilson

40% of cocoa beans are grown in the Ivory Coast, but due to the growing political unrest in the West African country since the last election, certified fair trade cocoa farmers are fleeing the country and fair trade training programs have come to a halt because of the danger cocoa farmers face in rural areas. Cacao prices soared at a 30-year high and chocolate manufacturers are already hampered by shortage. “The world faces a chocolate ‘drought’ over the next few years,” said an expert.

Peak chocolate perhaps?

Smart move. I hope you've got physical chocolate and not just a "promise to pay the bearer" paper note

Peak chocolate perhaps?

brilliant, the ramper's favourite saying, 'they're not making any more X' might actually be meaningful here.

back up the truck, lads, back up the truck [makes beeping noises].

brilliant, the ramper's favourite saying, 'they're not making any more X' might actually be meaningful here.

back up the truck, lads, back up the truck [makes beeping noises].

Must admit I did have thoughts of backing up the truck at those prices. A bit of Buy To Sell (BTS) chocolate crossed my mind. However I don't know how many bars of chocolate Lidl have been hoarding. It might be like banks with repossessed houses, a drip to the market wouldn't affect my BTS investment but what if Lidl released loads all at once near my best before dates?

Must admit I did have thoughts of backing up the truck at those prices. A bit of Buy To Sell (BTS) chocolate crossed my mind. However I don't know how many bars of chocolate Lidl have been hoarding. It might be like banks with repossessed houses, a drip to the market wouldn't affect my BTS investment but what if Lidl released loads all at once near my best before dates?

when it comes to chocolate houses its all about the yield, how many fondues could your house return?

Edited by Tamara De Lempicka

when it comes to chocolate houses its all about the yield, how many fondues could your house return?

The yield on my BTS investment would have been closely correlated to two things

1) Future Lidl prices

2) My willpower to resist eating more bars of chocolate having so many in the house :lol:

I am in negative equity. :(

Against all the odds the price of Lidl chocolate has deflated. Those hazelnut bars cut from 45p to 29p in my opening post are on offer at just 22p this week.

I have been piling weight on eating 29p bars when I could have waited for 22p and bought more.

Thank god I didn't invest in the Buy To Sell scheme of Lidl chocolate, there is no way I could have sold any this week.

I bought a few as Buy to Let investments last year, expecting a healthy return. Sadly when I last checked them out I saw significant damage had ensued and my insurance did not cover it. Apparently 'eating' and 'metling' is non insurable. What a con.

I've now invested in twiglets as BTL. I vet my renters carefully as half of the population hate the flavour so my asset is safe with them. My retirement fund is now also very healthy ... it's in ryvitas.

Thinking about it more I would be completely bust if I had gone into the Buy To Sell Lidl chocolate scheme.

It wouldn't be just that I couldn't sell any this week. People will unload their Save For Chocolate funds and stock up at 22p. I would have had no chance of selling my 29p bars before their best before date.

It just shows how unexpected things can really happen. How could I get it so wrong? This must be how people in Ireland feel if they bought a non-chocolate house in 2007.

Edited by Redhat Sly

Thinking about it more I would be completely bust if I had gone into the Buy To Sell Lidl chocolate scheme.

It wouldn't be just that I couldn't sell any this week. People will unload their Save For Chocolate funds and stock up at 22p. I would have had no chance of selling my 29p bars before their best before date.

It just shows how unexpected things can really happen. How could I get it so wrong? This must be how people in Ireland feel if they bought a non-chocolate house in 2007.

this bad news will ripple throughout the market.

Many years ago in far away sweets land the locals discovered they had 2 lifetimes worth of chocalate (maybe more) flowing in their rich land.

They decided that they would sell the chocalate in return for some everlasting Gob stoppers, instead of the sherbert.

They did this as they had a sweet tooth & wanted to pass the everlasting Gobstoppers down through the villages. The gobstoppers lasted a long time, where as the sherbert was easily available & didnt last very long.

Slowly the other far way lands world realised that sweets land were accumulating gobstoppers & decided to buy them too... this caused the price of gobstoppers to rise very quickly...

Sweets land like Gobstoppers so they had to do something to keep the price low so they could keep swapping the chocalate for Gobstoppers?

What should they Do ?

(Shall I tell more ?)

Edited by Crashman Begins

Anyone else remember that story that someone bought all the cocoa beans in the universe and the price of chocolate was going to the moon?

What happened?

Didn't he trade them for the Wrekin Ruby/Star of Tanzania?

I, on the other hand, have gone for chocolate gold coins - the hedge of champions:

gold-coins.jpg

EDIT: darn it - beaten to the comedy draw by daiking. :D

Comedy Gold - here's another >>>

Yorkie%20Bar.jpg

York = Royal Arch Freemasons etc (Wot this sign is secretly hinting at! :D)

"The United Grand Lodge of England (UGLE), and others concordant in that regular

tradition, do not formally recognize any Masonic body that accepts

women. The UGLE has stated since 1998 that two English women's

jurisdictions are regular in practice (The Order of Women Freemasons

and The Honourable Fraternity of Ancient Freemasons), except for their

inclusion of women, and has indicated that, while not formally

recognized, these bodies may be regarded as part of Freemasonry, when

describing Freemasonry in general."

The three primary bodies in the York Rite are the Chapter of Royal Arch Masons, Council of Royal & Select Masters or Council of Cryptic Masons, and the Knights Templar,each of which are governed independently but are all considered to be a

part of the York Rite. There are also other organizations that are

considered to be directly associated with the York Rite, or require York

Rite membership to join such as the York Rite Sovereign College but in

general the York Rite is considered to be made up of the aforementioned

three.

The Rite's name is derived from the city of York, where, according to a Masonic legend, the first meetings of Masons in England took place.

So the secretive 'masters of our universe' (running a parallel World) brainwash the public proles about wimins 'emancipation' - yet secretly practice outlandish, bigotted, discrimination against them!

You can just see all those 'activists' chained to the Temple doors :ph34r: (they control most of them anyway!)

Edited by erranta