House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
or in excess of

Barclays Ad

Is it just me, or does anyone else want to throw a brick through the screen whenever that bl00dy Bristol voice starts? It really strikes a nerve. Ian Holloway does it as well. And Jamie Oliver.

Better to throw a brick through your local Barclays window.

Is it just me, or does anyone else want to throw a brick through the screen whenever that bl00dy Bristol voice starts? It really strikes a nerve. Ian Holloway does it as well. And Jamie Oliver.

I know what you mean. I have to turn over whenever it comes on.

As annoying as those ad's are, it's the Lloyds ad's that really get my goat.

Especially the one with the couple out shopping for a pram, where he checks on his mobile phone that he has enough credit limit left on his 4th credit card to buy the stupidly over engineered designer pram for his fugly missus.

I watch 90% of my programmes from recorded, adverts are fast forward or make a cup of tea time.

The Barclays ads though must be on high rotation as I have seen a few of those, quite happy for Stephen Merchant to pick up a few quid.

As annoying as those ad's are, it's the Lloyds ad's that really get my goat.

Especially the one with the couple out shopping for a pram, where he checks on his mobile phone that he has enough credit limit left on his 4th credit card to buy the stupidly over engineered designer pram for his fugly missus.

I do miss "Josh, dads found your scoot-ah"

It's Stephen merchant.

The ad appeared soon after some 'unexpected' news on inflation, they must have made that quickly since it was all so 'unexpected'

Ah, Stephen Merchant. Isn`t his claim to fame being Ricky Gervais` sycophant. Whenever i see them , he just giggles at Gervais quips.

Ah, Stephen Merchant. Isn`t his claim to fame being Ricky Gervais` sycophant. Whenever i see them , he just giggles at Gervais quips.

Despite the fact that he wrote them.

Having said that, he isn't doing himself any favours doing unfunny bank adverts. He would garner more public respect if he were Heather Mills PR spokesman.

Having said that, he isn't doing himself any favours doing unfunny bank adverts. He would garner more public respect if he were Heather Mills PR spokesman.

Even more reason not to giggle, then

God aye. I've never really got the whole Gervais/Merchant/Pilkington thing. They're not terrible, I just don't think they're the saviours of comedy they're made out to be.

Agreed with the Lloyds adverts too. And the Natwest ones too.

The lloyds ones must be aimed at the lowest common denominator and the Natwest ones (who I bank with) are just for the apathetic.

Everyone has a price and in Stephen Merchant's case it was probably about £100,000 for an afternoon's work.