House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mrpleasant

Bristol Ea Claims Pre-Crash Transactions And Prices

In the Mail on Sunday property section. A City footballer is applauded by aforementioned expert on the local property scene for timing his deal well. Apparently, good family homes in the area are selling at prices and volumes just like the good old days. I'm hoping Bristolians from HPC can shed some light.

Edited by mrpleasant

In the Mail on Sunday property section. A City footballer is applauded by aforementioned expert on the local property scene for timing his deal well. Apparently, good family homes in the area are selling at prices and volumes just like the good old days. I'm hoping Bristolians from HPC can shed some light.

I have around 30 three bed properties I've been watching in the £135k-£150k bracket and in the last week or 2 atleast 7 or 8 of them have gone Sold STC. Now whether these sales actually go through is another thing, but it is a worrying up turn from my point of view. I was hoping in 12-18 months I would be able to get a reasonable 3 bed for around £120k-£130k, but if lots of the lower priced 3 beds start to sell, we'll soon see sellers uping their prices.

Edited by chala

Oh FFS.

Property-ramping (dependent on EA and Developer advertising revenue,) VI-drenched "pullout and throwaway" section of a cr@p newspaper, interviews EA who says "now is the right time to buy pwoperdee." And "look, a thick bloke who kicks a ball around for a living did it, so you can too..."

Why, FFS, are you even giving it airtime?!

B

Oh FFS.

Property-ramping (dependent on EA and Developer advertising revenue,) VI-drenched "pullout and throwaway" section of a cr@p newspaper, interviews EA who says "now is the right time to buy pwoperdee." And "look, a thick bloke who kicks a ball around for a living did it, so you can too..."

Why, FFS, are you even giving it airtime?!

B

As rude and prickish as ever.

At least you're consistent.

As rude and prickish as ever.

At least you're consistent.

Bristol is still a very rich city.

All the west side still live in their old little world. A one bedroom start at £170K.

£800K is not rare in clifton.

The rest of the city were real people are still recovering. The amount of unsold house turning into rent and the number of "reduced" price houses is on the increase, I beleive.

Looked at a house last week in Bristol and was told by the EA that there were 37 new people that registered with their office half of which were cash buyers. Also had a call advising there were 2 second viewings on the house we were interested in that day, did I want to know if any offers were made, this on a house that hasn't sold in at least 8 months.

I have around 30 three bed properties I've been watching in the £135k-£150k bracket and in the last week or 2 atleast 7 or 8 of them have gone Sold STC. Now whether these sales actually go through is another thing, but it is a worrying up turn from my point of view. I was hoping in 12-18 months I would be able to get a reasonable 3 bed for around £120k-£130k, but if lots of the lower priced 3 beds start to sell, we'll soon see sellers uping their prices.

It would be good if you could give an update about whether these come back on....

In a radio 4 program (homes but no loans, there was a thread on it) recently an esate agent said flats that were sold for around £250k 3 years ago now wouldn't make £150k.

One of the EAs is lying. I wonder which one?...

In a radio 4 program (homes but no loans, there was a thread on it) recently an esate agent said flats that were sold for around £250k 3 years ago now wouldn't make £150k.

One of the EAs is lying. I wonder which one?...

It is horses for courses . Some places and types of property have/are dropping some are not and have gained back any loses since 2007. Everything is not the same accross the whole market .

In 2007 I would have bet big time on the whole market dropping like it did back in 1989/90 , but this time it is confined to to some of the market not all.

It is horses for courses . Some places and types of property have/are dropping some are not and have gained back any loses since 2007. Everything is not the same accross the whole market .

In 2007 I would have bet big time on the whole market dropping like it did back in 1989/90 , but this time it is confined to to some of the market not all.

Yep.

Quality is king and holding its value, with crap dropping like a stone.

I'm lucky to live in a nice area, and everything near me still sells for peak, or near. All 1930s stuff and quality. A nice hous near me sells within 2 weeks. Not an HPC friendly post, but people still have money, and will spend it on a nice house in a good area.

Houses on shit estates in Leeds (my home town) just don't compare, and their drops in price don't come into the same reckoning to houses in good areas where the recession hasn't touched.

Not an HPC friendly post, but people still have money, and will spend it on a nice house in a good area.

But a true and accurate post.

Looked at a house last week in Bristol and was told by the EA that there were 37 new people that registered with their office half of which were cash buyers. Also had a call advising there were 2 second viewings on the house we were interested in that day, did I want to know if any offers were made, this on a house that hasn't sold in at least 8 months.

I've had similar cr@p from a local ea, why is there no guidelines/laws to stop this lying ?

It would be good if you could give an update about whether these come back on....

Will do.

I had been encouraged by gradual drops in prices from around Oct time last year. Gradually more 3 beds were coming into theh £140k bracket and a few droped to the £135k bracket. But like I said, all of a sudden in the last week or 2, about 7 or 8 have gone Sold STC. It almost sounds a bit fishy to me, either that or the tide is beginning to turn (in Bristol at least).

Yep.

Quality is king and holding its value, with crap dropping like a stone.

I'm lucky to live in a nice area, and everything near me still sells for peak, or near. All 1930s stuff and quality. A nice hous near me sells within 2 weeks. Not an HPC friendly post, but people still have money, and will spend it on a nice house in a good area.

Houses on shit estates in Leeds (my home town) just don't compare, and their drops in price don't come into the same reckoning to houses in good areas where the recession hasn't touched.

Wow, my area in Birmingham, no not a shite hole, nothing is shifting, unless it's a repo's at a good price, it just sits there like a bad shit.

I am near Bristol, and prices are dropping! :(