House Price Crash Forum

Will They Save Another Bank?

miko

HOLA441

In a coversation today with my brother the topic of the banks came up . They landed people with debt they could not pay and made themselves inslovent .

The tax payer is suffering by bailing them out ! the govenment tells us we are all in this together ! some seem to be more in it than others ( not the bankers with their big fat bounses) After this years rounds of massive bouns payouts if another bank fails will the govenment have the guts to bail them out ? if they do will the great British Public put up with it and shut up or will it be a bail out to far ?

Discuss .

HOLA442

In a coversation today with my brother the topic of the banks came up . They landed people with debt they could not pay and made themselves inslovent .

The tax payer is suffering by bailing them out ! the govenment tells us we are all in this together ! some seem to be more in it than others ( not the bankers with their big fat bounses) After this years rounds of massive bouns payouts if another bank fails will the govenment have the guts to bail them out ? if they do will the great British Public put up with it and shut up or will it be a bail out to far ?

Discuss .

It will depend on how big the bank is and how many ordinary people might lose out by their shares and pension funds becoming worthless.

It will be a bank which is still up to its neck in overleveraged mortgages. The trigger would be much highe interest rates. As we can see the B of E and the govt are determined to risk inflation, so will keep rates low for far too long no doubt.

The govt should have nationalised the banks that failed last time and paid nothing, allowing the share investors to lose their investments and only replaced modest sums in personal accounts.

We are not all in this together since the efforts to make the pain be fairly spread are sadly quite poor so far.

Does anyone have the inside info on which bank(s) would/could fail in the UK if the crisis suddenly takes grip again this year? I don't believe in the phoney stress tests done recently.

HOLA443

Discuss .

My feeling is that come the next round banking crisis, quite soon now when the bank's profits are proved to be phoney and billions more are written off, the public won't stomach another bail out. The elite will try and scare the sheeple with stuff like "if we don't recapitalise the banking system ATMs will stop working" but it's the cry wolf syndrome. Bankster Bob and his chums have also made another bail out less likely by awarding themselves ludicrous bonuses for a bit of creative accountancy.

HOLA444

This government and any other mainstream UK government would without any questions bailout 100% of the losses.. and if anything increase the bonuses to as retention incentives for the 'best' staff.

Personally I can't see it ending until they have to print so large to give money to their friends and family that the average person in the UK loses everything.

HOLA445
HOLA446