House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NW11

Great Britain 2011

http://www.telegraph...meron-says.html

Muslims must embrace our British values, David Cameron says
British Muslims must subscribe to mainstream values of freedom and equality, David Cameron will say as he declares that the doctrine of multiculturalism has "failed" and will be abandoned.

Im Asian, not a muslim, but born and bread UK to first gen immigrants (why the UK why not the US mum/dad?). What makes islamism a sustainable life style choice? Labour's nanny state benefits and tax breaks, absolute tolerance as long as you vote for us.. As soon as we unleash market forces on the UK and let people either work for their keep or die trying we will never be GREAT Britain..

Guys, the British Empire is dead, its gone. Hail to the USA new king or China. If we ever want to be more than the sum of our parts or punch beyond our weight we will need to grow the balls to inspire and lead the world again.

Until we recognise our best days are behind us, we need to run just to stand still economically we will always be an unsustainable basket case on par with Iceland and Greece.

Let's stop looking for scapegoats and mobilise ourselves.

Scrap benefits for all but the poorest and make people earn their keep. Subsidise minimally are invest money smartly.

Enough is enough.

We didnt know we were biggest and best until we explored everything on the face of the earth there was to explore.

Personally i hope we (Britain) conquer space and the universe in the fullness of time. Building a fleet of starships and terra-forming superstructures will provide many stimulus jobs also.

Who knows, we might even find a plentiful source of gold in the Kepler-11 solar system to pay back what we owe the rest of the world.

He who dares wins, Rodders.

As soon as we unleash market forces on the UK and let people either work for their keep or die trying we will never be GREAT Britain..

...the term GREAT is geographical ...not a reference to magnificance..... :rolleyes:

Im not Muslim but as Asian as they come. Fundamental Islamsism is as self righteous, buy me a house, pay my bills, support my kids, STFU i am better than you, as it comes. Not everyone, but enough to be a problem. You came here fore a better life and opportunities. Better yourself, and your life. Take advantage of every scrap of freedom and opportunity the UK offer, go out, create, enterprise, make money, splash the cash, unashamedly, because you have shown you are worth it. I know you white chavs feels alienated in your own country, you feel you have no say in how your country is run, perhaps you don't care as long as the state feeds and houses you. I don't care in any case. I had a hard life, i shed blood sweat and tears, climbed the ranks and work for one of the most lucrative companies in the world. I have to say my ethnicity may have given me a polictally correct advantage over my peers, but so what? A lot of black and Asian anchors report the news have positions in companies. My ethnicity lowers people exceptions and married with political correctness gives me the edge in job interviews.

My philosophy has has always been work hard to become a millionaire or die trying. anyone who has tried hard enough to get to these lands will feel the same

I mean how fecking difficult can building a starship be anyway?

Those nuclear submarines are airtight/watertight and can produce their own air, just use the nuclear reactor to power an ion drive instead of propellor and send a few nuclear submarines into space. We'll have galactic supremacy in no time.

'Scrap benefits for all but the poorest'.

I think you lost 90% on this site with that remark. (see cuts in child benefit for those on over 40K)

Well then you need to better yourselves.

We didnt know we were biggest and best until we explored everything on the face of the earth there was to explore.

Personally i hope we (Britain) conquer space and the universe in the fullness of time. Building a fleet of starships and terra-forming superstructures will provide many stimulus jobs also.

Who knows, we might even find a plentiful source of gold in the Kepler-11 solar system to pay back what we owe the rest of the world.

He who dares wins, Rodders.

Hunger is the best sauce.

Its amazing how we can mobilise ourselves, how hard we can work, how enterprising we can be, how hard we can try, when we get that rumbling feeling in our tummies.

...the term GREAT is geographical ...not a reference to magnificance..... :rolleyes:

Tottaly disagree. We are a great people. We just need to prove it and show the world. I am proud to say we are natural born leaders.

I mean how fecking difficult can building a starship be anyway?

Those nuclear submarines are airtight/watertight and can produce their own air, just use the nuclear reactor to power an ion drive instead of propeller and send a few nuclear submarines into space. We'll have galactic supremacy in no time.

The world is enough!

Instead of exploring strange new worlds and new civilisations.......

..........Lets just fix the world we have!

Problem: the budget deficit..........

Solution: Make everything self sustainble!

Tottaly disagree. We are a great people. We just need to prove it and show the world. I am proud to say we are natural born leaders.

....your view does not change the fact that the term Great Britain , the name of the country , is geographical ....similar to the term Greater London is to London..... :rolleyes:

Guys, the British Empire is dead, its gone. Hail to the USA new king or China. If we ever want to be more than the sum of our parts or punch beyond our weight we will need to grow the balls to inspire and lead the world again.

Why are any of those things worth having? You are an employee- if-when- your company decides you can be replaced with a cheaper model or an algorithm they will toss you like a piece of trash- your years of effort, work and loyalty will mean jack.

The problem with all this 'work hard and succeed' stuff is that it references the moral/ ethical framework of another time- I know plenty of people who did all that, worked their backsides off for their employer and were discarded like garbage for sake of a cost saving.

The game now is not about hard work or effort or loyalty- it's bout grift, fraud and playing the system- wake up and smell the shite- the donkeys are being slaughtered by the predators. Don't be a donkey.

Hunger is the best sauce.

Its amazing how we can mobilise ourselves, how hard we can work, how enterprising we can be, how hard we can try, when we get that rumbling feeling in our tummies.

Have you tried fasting?

After about 30 or 40 hours you feel that you never want to eat again.

....your view does not change the fact that the term Great Britain , the name of the country , is geographical ....similar to the term Greater London is to London..... :rolleyes:

I am proud to be British who are are a great people. We have a reputation to live up to. This is something from someone who has been to more countries than you can shake a stick at. The world accepts the US and China are superpowers but there is a great deal of faith in the UK to reign those giant in. The UK is Clark Kent, Peter Parker or Bruce Wayne.

Have you tried fasting?

After about 30 or 40 hours you feel that you never want to eat again.

Council Dweller. You are not beyond redemption. Simply better yourself.

Im Asian, not a muslim, but born and bread UK to first gen immigrants (why the UK why not the US mum/dad?). What makes islamism a sustainable life style choice? Labour's nanny state benefits and tax breaks, absolute tolerance as long as you vote for us.. As soon as we unleash market forces on the UK and let people either work for their keep or die trying we will never be GREAT Britain..

Until we recognise our best days are behind us, we need to run just to stand still economically we will always be an unsustainable basket case on par with Iceland and Greece.

Let's stop looking for scapegoats and mobilise ourselves.

Scrap benefits for all but the poorest and make people earn their keep. Subsidise minimally are invest money smartly.

Enough is enough.

Are we talking naan or chapati?

Why are any of those things worth having? You are an employee- if-when- your company decides you can be replaced with a cheaper model or an algorithm they will toss you like a piece of trash- your years of effort, work and loyalty will mean jack.

The problem with all this 'work hard and succeed' stuff is that it references the moral/ ethical framework of another time- I know plenty of people who did all that, worked their backsides off for their employer and were discarded like garbage for sake of a cost saving.

The game now is not about hard work or effort or loyalty- it's bout grift, fraud and playing the system- wake up and smell the shite- the donkeys are being slaughtered by the predators. Don't be a donkey.

Know your market value. Better yourself and make yourself indispensable. Every man for himself. Dog eat dog. I can pretty much guarantee my employer is r*ping you and your friends, family and colleagues right now, unless you are a pirate. If your mates got sacked they didnt work hard enough. I know thats a tough cookie to swallow. Im probably not half as good as i make myself out to be but in my line of work, I have influenced enough of the right people to make me effectively unsackable.

It is one big game.

The problem for you and your ilk fella is that you are subsidised. As long as I stay one step ahead of the game, I am just fine thank you. As much as you would like me to be tossed aside, I bring in many million times my salary in revenue for my company. I am the voice of capitalism. Love me or hate me, I subsidise you either directly or indirectly. If it were not for me or my kind you would be paid a lot less.

Market forces reign supreme and are insurmountable. I laugh at whining Brits. If you do not like what I represent, do something about it.

I love both. Not that it matters! Naan makes you a fatty though. What do you prefer?

I used to think that this country would aways muddle through, okay the powers that be took its real strengths for granted, but if came out on top in the end.. however, this time i think we are really done for, the powers that be have finally caught on to what made us great and are determined to stamp it out

I am proud to be British who are are a great people. We have a reputation to live up to. This is something from someone who has been to more countries than you can shake a stick at. The world accepts the US and China are superpowers but there is a great deal of faith in the UK to reign those giant in. The UK is Clark Kent, Peter Parker or Bruce Wayne.

...that is a separate subject.... :rolleyes: