House Price Crash Forum

Just Seen First Advert For "red Nose Day"

pl1

HOLA441

Red Nose Day 18th March 2011. Mark your calendars or don't. I thought with mulit-million satellite TV channels and oodles of Internet pages to choose from, would signal the death-knell of this most in-your-face and frankly past-its-sell-by-date form of charity giving. If you want to give to charity you should give to Charities where most of the money you give ends up going to the good cause and not be subject to charity bullying in the street or at work.

Red Nose Day: All for it and long may it continue! or This is 2011 not 1991 let it die a death?

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Both red nose day and CIN really are quite tragic.

Sad excuses of events designed to do nothing more than offer exposure opportunities for lightweight celebs and do-gooders.

If I were a boss of anyone other than me I'd execute any member of staff who mentioned these two God forsaken shows.

Plenty of real people out there doing wonderful things for the poor and disadvantaged, without the desperate need to dress up like a ***** for charity.

HOLA445

Both red nose day and CIN really are quite tragic.

Sad excuses of events designed to do nothing more than offer exposure opportunities for lightweight celebs and do-gooders.

If I were a boss of anyone other than me I'd execute any member of staff who mentioned these two God forsaken shows.

Plenty of real people out there doing wonderful things for the poor and disadvantaged, without the desperate need to dress up like a ***** for charity.

I agree about the celeb part, but would the money raised by CIN & RND be given to charities regardless?

RND - £650m http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comic_Relief

CIN - £500m http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_in_Need

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

According to today's Metro, a bunch of "celebrities" are going on a five day camel trek in Kenya "to raise money for Comic Relief".

I'm sorry, but a five day camel trek sounds like a pretty good holiday, and at the very least a unique and memorable experience. If they were to spend five days scrubbing bogs in a third world orphanage I might be tempted to bung them a fiver and a pair of marigolds.

i also see from the article that a bunch of these people trekked up Kilimanjaro last year - again the sort of thing that sounds more than a jolly than any meaningful attempt to help the poor. What's next - scuba diving in the Maldives for "charity".

HOLA449

Red Nose/Children in need days really get on my t***.

If the Beeb wants to give some money then perhaps it should cut back on the presenters free holiday jaunts round the world to show how the money is being spent. The people in Africa could do without being patronised by smarmy overpaid presenters and fake celebs.

If you want to give then please do so, to real charities, or go abroad and try to do something good yourself !

tongue.gif

Archived