House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

or in excess of

Russiatoday

Stumbled on this guy while channel hopping. Quite entertaining, but very sharp and articulate though, even when ranting at 100mph. Does not like bankers very much, especially J P Morgan. What he says would never be allowed on our meeja.

It's a curious change isn't it we have to watch Russia Today or Iran's PressTV to get reliable information about what's going on here. But yes Max Keiser is well known here and fairly well respected not least by the gold and silver bugs

It's a curious change isn't it we have to watch Russia Today or Iran's PressTV to get reliable information about what's going on here. But yes Max Keiser is well known here and fairly well respected not least by the gold and silver bugs

I find myself watching Russia today more often, that and listening to bbc world service....the other news programs have about three news threads per day and repeat like a stuck record or loop musac. ;)

Russia today is excellent.

A few minutes ago I just watched:

How the US propaganda channels are stoking up a climate of hate against Iran. The latest news being a suicide bomb textbook being found in the middle of the arizon desert (how convenient) and that this is evidence of an iranian plot. And How Russia today journalists were calling BS on it. Especially as Iraq had the same lies told about it.

The next thing was the vietnam war series part 2. Which described the attrocities (from first hand accounts) of what happened in the war there. Where everybody was a VC, rape and murder were policies from the generals. Which kinda pees of the fire of those who think the USA is the land of sugar and honey which can never do any evil.

Max would give the BBC a collective stroke

http://maxkeiser.com/

Max isn't that reliable though, he has made some huge errors in his internet searches. For example quite recently he made statements about Chinese cardboard buns. Which was found out to be faked by a journo. It stoked a lot of hate against China.

But hey China is listening to max, they are loading up on gold and silver after changing the laws to allow and encourage private ownership of the metals.

There is little reliable about Press TV. It is paid for by Ademinajihad.

The world looks very different when you stop watching FOX and CNN and start watching CCTV, Russia Today, the BBC, and dare i say Al Jezeera. It's hard to argue against the counterbalanced views on these programs. There is a global and monumental shift is geopolitics taking place.

BTW - here in the USA you get the first three for free via an ariel.

I find myself watching Russia today more often, that and listening to bbc world service....the other news programs have about three news threads per day and repeat like a stuck record or loop musac. ;)

The world looks very different when you stop watching FOX and CNN and start watching CCTV, Russia Today, the BBC, and dare i say Al Jezeera. It's hard to argue against the counterbalanced views on these programs. There is a global and monumental shift is geopolitics taking place.

Actually on the Eqypt coverage i've found CNN to be very good. You know how on the BBC they never ask the really pertinent question you want them to ask or never make the same obvious speculation you are thinking. CNN have been very good at finding the angles and don't seem to be looking over their shoulder to make sure they upset exactly nobody.

Did a thread on this a while back 'off topic'. Very enjoyable - and informative.

Quite likely to appeal to the weary lot that come here.

You have to be a bit of an insomniac to see it. :lol:

Did a thread on this a while back 'off topic'. Very enjoyable - and informative.

Quite likely to appeal to the weary lot that come here.

You have to be a bit of an insomniac to see it. :lol:

Watch it on YouTube! RT's channel.

I'm developing a disturbing attraction to Stacy Herbert. Just the sound of a female gold bug is enough for me.

Yes.

I have recently discovered Russia Today and it is the only news channel that I watch.

Its coverage on the Egypt riots has been excellent, highlighting all the underlying issues that neither the BBC, ITV, SKY, FOX, CNN would touch with a shitty bargepole and asking all the questions that anyone, who doesn't accept government issued glossy pamphlets as representitive of the real issues, would ask.

Of course the flip side of that is whenever it reports events in Russia (which it does often, naturally), things go a little along the line sof this:

"The Russian president Medyev, done something today and everything about ti was totally in order"

But for a critical account of western (non-russian) involvement in international affiars, it is second to none.

The BBC?

You must be joking?

Id rather use the TUC website as my sole source of news than the BBC.

They make FOX look like a bastion of impartiality.

The BBC?

You must be joking?

Well you know how it works, you watch biased sources from both sides and the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Well you know how it works, you watch biased sources from both sides and the truth is somewhere in the middle.

No, this is not how the Hegellian Dialectic works. More likely is, watch both sides of the 'arguement', be none the wiser but have your head filled with shit.

(Hegelian Dialectic: When two seemingly 'opposite' sides of a debate are manipulated to serve a consistent agenda, often by the means of engineering the debate in such a way that the crucial issues are overlooked or tacitly supported by omission).

The BBC?

You must be joking?

no it's not that, the BBC are horrible fastidiously impartial and it ruins them. It's quite an interesting thing really. If a dog rips the head off a baby they will give equal and totally impartial airtime to both points of view and point out as many negatives of the baby as of the dog just in case they loose their world renowned neutrality. Of course to baby lovers it comes across as totally biased in favour of dogs just the same as their impartiality on house prices comes across as hyping VI to us. I bet if you go to an EA website they'll be just as annoyed at the BBC for talking down the market.

no it's not that, the BBC are horrible fastidiously impartial and it ruins them. It's quite an interesting thing really. If a dog rips the head off a baby they will give equal and totally impartial airtime to both points of view and point out as many negatives of the baby as of the dog just in case they loose their world renowned neutrality. Of course to baby lovers it comes across as totally biased in favour of dogs just the same as their impartiality on house prices comes across as hyping VI to us. I bet if you go to an EA website they'll be just as annoyed at the BBC for talking down the market.

...Sissons was told at the BBC to use the Guardian for his background on stories ......real impartial..... :rolleyes:

Yes.

I have recently discovered Russia Today and it is the only news channel that I watch.

I seem to get it on Freeview! It does seem to be good but I would recommend seeing some of the others too, for a balanced view! ;)