House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
danlee74

Hpc Simple Pleasures

Walking past four Estate Agents through town yesterday lunchtime with nothing happening inside, apart from some paper shuffling and one girl polishing her desk. Made the pint on arrival at the pub taste even better!!

Any other HPC simple pleasures out there??

Walking past four Estate Agents through town yesterday lunchtime with nothing happening inside, apart from some paper shuffling and one girl polishing her desk. Made the pint on arrival at the pub taste even better!!

You should try pointing at the pictures and laughing as hard as you can so they can see you through the shopfront window...sure they have little to do apart from looking at you...some of them have their ear to the phone probably trying to talk some gullible soul into parting with their hard earned cash and 50 years of debt slavery. ;)

I do love the Rightmove facility, where you can email loads of EA`s with one click. I often invite them to view this website, and mock some of their valuations. Just make sure you leave a false email address.

As I rent, it has to be my pleasure not having to worry about mortgage payments, the next big repair that's needed to the house. When a light fitting stops working, I just call a mna up and he sends someone out to fix it.

An anecdote but another estate agent told me she was selling her BTL property in Fulham. The poor girl was quite hysterical, the stress was visible. Swore HPs and rents were going up to the moon but at the same time said that prices would start falling in September' which is why she was selling now. All a bit nonsensical and pathetic. I would have taken pity on her if she hadn't been trying to screw us with her usual lies of shortages and infinite inflation.

Was she fit ? Maybe next time you could take a phote and share.

Thanks. :D

LIke pretending you are going in the door to see those hopeful little faces light up then changing your mind and going away again. I wouldn't do that though - that would be nasty and cruel. :)

Or you could go in and ask them some trivial question :lol:

"Do you have the time please ?"

"Do you know the way to the bus station please ?"

Or you could go in and ask them some trivial question :lol:

"Do you have the time please ?"

"Do you know the way to the bus station please ?"

...How long has it been on the market for...... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Who was it who used to bait a Foxtons branch in London? Jonny Wilkinson avatar.

Haven't heard from him for a while.

Paddles.

Now residing down under I believe.

Was she fit ? Maybe next time you could take a phote and share.

Thanks. :D

hahaha!! Unfortunately not fit ... certainly not worth taking up important t'internet storage space!

Like the idea of walking in the door and turning back immediately or asking them a trivial question, and the pointing at the pictures and laughing! I'll be doing the same walk in a fortnight - I might have a laugh!

this is keping me smiling

I Had a conversation, although I said very little, with a near neighbour this afternoon who bought their property for 500K in 2008, and has had it on market for 550K for the last 12 months,

Me: Hi, any interest recently ?

Them: No, and we're only asking 550K, we have to sell it for that otherwise we lose money when you consider the stamp duty on the next property we will have to buy.

Me: Oh

Them: You cannot sell for less that you bought can you, you have to make something on property after all

Them: The wife keeps an eye on the internet and prices seem to be falling

Me: Um

Them: But I think ours is still worth 550K, and they say the market is going to pick up in the spring don't they ?

Them: Ive just had to get another job to make ends meet

Me: Oh, I must get on, nice talking to you, bye

Trouble is they are nice people, just the property was never worth more than 300K, at the most

Edited by LiveinHope

I do love the Rightmove facility, where you can email loads of EA`s with one click. I often invite them to view this website, and mock some of their valuations. Just make sure you leave a false email address.

http://10minutemail....Mail/index.html

Best invention since PropertyBee.

Apparently.

Obviously I'd never condone using a disposable address to wind up an EA, or a Developer, or a bent Planning Officer, or a BTL Landlord, or ...... Hey - I said I'd never do it - why don't YOU fill in the blanks?

:)

B

this is keping me smiling

I Had a conversation, although I said very little, with a near neighbour this afternoon who bought their property for 500K in 2008, and has had it on market for 550K for the last 12 months,

Me: Hi, any interest recently ?

Them: No, and we're only asking 550K, we have to sell it for that otherwise we lose money when you consider the stamp duty on the next property we will have to buy.

Them: You cannot sell for less that you bought can you, you have to make something on property after all

Them: The wife keeps an eye on the internet and prices seem to be falling

Them: But I think ours is still worth 550K, and they say the market is going to pick up in the spring don't they ?

Them: Ive just had to get another job to make ends meet

Me: Oh, I must get on, nice talking to you, bye

Trouble is they are nice people, just the property was never worth more than 300K, at the most

Whenever I have conversations like this with people I normally dont say much either. Whatever I say is likely to offend them. A friend of the missus has just moved into a shitty overpriced recent build. It's awful but I suppose just not our taste each to their own and all that. But the things is the friend/friends parents/others keep asking why we haven't bought yet as they know we have the money. But I find it hard to come up with a reply. I can hardly say we are waiting for prices to drop further and believe that they will crash by at least 20% of the next few years. I normally just end up saying that something like the more we save the better.

http://10minutemail....Mail/index.html

Best invention since PropertyBee.

Apparently.

Obviously I'd never condone using a disposable address to wind up an EA, or a Developer, or a bent Planning Officer, or a BTL Landlord, or ...... Hey - I said I'd never do it - why don't YOU fill in the blanks?

:)

B

That is genius! But does that mean they need to reply within 10 minutes?

<snip>

I normally just end up saying that something like the more we save the better.

"Just holding on for that magical day when we too can afford an overpriced low spec new build. [Cue theatrical sigh.]" ;)

The only way they will finally realise that people are not made of money, is to leave a sample of what you are in fact made of in the form of a generous bottom burp - before promptly leaving :P

LIke pretending you are going in the door to see those hopeful little faces light up then changing your mind and going away again. I wouldn't do that though - that would be nasty and cruel. :)

Walk in there and try and buy a package holiday off them, and be REALLY insistent.