House Price Crash Forum
Patfig

10,000 Police Posts To "disappear"

I think you'll find those 10,000 "disappeared" employees are in the canteen.

That's where the rest of the police farce seem to hang out.

I'd better sell my shares in donuts unlimited

Cannot argue with that unfortunately. See plenty of them driving about and sitting in camera vans but when it comes to walking the beat keeping the town centre scum in check I've not seen one in 5 years.

No linky, but won't that be great for the increased crime that is due to hit in the economic hard times ahead!

Complain to the BBC. I've just sent them the comment below:

Your article headlined on the news website and titled "Police to lose '10,000 officers by 2013'" is Labour Party propaganda. Get it off! The BBC doesn't get £3bn a year from us to pump out such biased cr*p.

Your article headlined on the news website and titled "Police to lose '10,000 officers by 2013'" is Labour Party propaganda. Get it off! The BBC doesn't get £3bn a year from us to pump out such biased cr*p.

Anyone would think that license fee cuts that are effecting the BBC website are having an effect on the news output?

Surely something has to done about it? They had anti Cameron headline yesterday as well.

Personally I do not own or watch any live TV as I refuse to pay for an organisation as disgustingly biased as the BBC.

On Radio 5 as well. :angry:

Nah no canteen in police stations.

Evidence by the fact there are 100s of emergencies at lunch time on a daily basis at lunch and tea time.

http://www.police-in...k/policepay.htm

Well over 100 positions on £100K + on that list. Nice :blink:

And look at the inflationery effect of payscales.

A constable starts in 2007 on 21K

after three years, with the rises and the payscales, he earns £29K, about 40% more than he started on..

yet the official rise in pay is only 21K to 23K....a 10% rise over 3 years.

and this scam goes on throughout public sector.

I wish we still had canteens! In fact I wish I had time to eat at all on duty. Having a break is a luxury on response. Our force is losing 500 through natural wastage (forcing out those who have done their 30 years) and non recruitment.

I wish we still had canteens! In fact I wish I had time to eat at all on duty. Having a break is a luxury on response. Our force is losing 500 through natural wastage (forcing out those who have done their 30 years) and non recruitment.

Are civies still king of the roost?

there was a canteen where I worked but only for the 9-5 ers. not open for early turn lunch or late turn lunch.

open for the civies and the senior ranks.

still, we had a key to the bar though.

When has anything that Yvette Cooper ever said been the truth?

Never, she is a professional lier married to a pathological obese thug.

Basically what we have here is Liebour and their bedfellows at the BBC rolling out a long term plan to maximise political capital from the 'cuts'. As usual the BBC will present what Liebour wants in headlines in a way that implies 'fact' as opposed to whatever s*** they are spinning that day.

10,000 police sacked - would anyone notice? I doubt it. You never see police on the street anyway. Good riddance, sack as many as you want.

Mentally ill maniac wielding a sword.... disarmed by an unarmed copper with little more than a stick.

Drunken maniac wielding a claw hammer....... pepper sprayed and cuffed by one officer

Morbidly overweight man trying to commit suicide by jumping off a bridge..... saved by a copper hanging onto his feet.

Shotgun suicide..... copper spends 2 hours crawling round the back garden looking for "human matter"

Hanging suicide.... copper breaks into house and finds young man hanging from banisters

Personally I resent your comments... I have a female family member on the force... the same person who tackles mentally disturbed men twice her size with nothing more than a folding metal stick. The same person who held onto a man weighing twice her body weight as he tried to drag her into the solent with him... survival time in winter seas in measured in minutes.

All coppers aren't Kunts.... just like all citizens aren't Whiter than White.

This is slightly O/T but......

As part of the "equal opportunities" laws, police job vacancies must be advertised externally. A police force "south of London" had internal vacancies that were not advertised externally. I should know .... a few years ago I was looking for a job, and I visited the police force's website almost daily. I found nothing that suited me. However .... my ex colleague managed to find a job with the same police force. His qualifications and experience were identical to mine. I asked him about the job, and he said:

The job was advertised internally. My dad works for the police, and he saw the advert. Very few people applied for the vacancy, and my interview was piss easy ... the interviewer didn't even make eye contact with me, and ticked some boxes on his paper. I got the job.

To say this boiled my piss is an understatement. I contacted the police force about internal vacancies, and they denied having ANY .... this is complete ********.

It isn't what you know .... it's WHO you know .... :rolleyes:

Edited by Home_To_Roost

Rolling back the police state is a good thing.

Besides there is a noticeable percentage of coppers who are utter c nuts good riddance to 10,000 pity it wasnt more. There are sure to be 10,000 desperate for a nice redundancy package.

What they really need to do is repeal many laws that have been created over the last 20 odd years or so, possibly make drugs legal then you wont have 1000s of coppers chasing small cannabis factories thus breaking up families for a few grands worth of weed, and 1000s of smack heads clogging up the courts and prisons for stealing joints of beef or whatever their petty shoplifting gets them to pay for their 20 pound a day habit. (and no i dont take any illegal drug)

Edited by I-hate-scumlords

Indeed.

I see lots of police in the queue at costco canteen as it's very near their station.

Why they bothered building shiny expensive new places I don't know.... that must have cost a fortune.

Ironically this takes the police force numbers back to pre Thatcher levels.

It was the Tory government of the 1980s that greatly increased police pay and numbers for the very good reason that they needed them onside when the monetarist squeeze inevitably caused trouble on the streets and opposition from the unions.

I can not help thinking this is going to blow up in the Governments face. The strategy as far as I can see is blitzkrieg spending retrenchment on all fronts. There are plenty of reasons for thinking this is not going to work. First, as with operation Barbarossa in 1941 early successes are likely to be lost because forward impetus is lost in attacking in too many places and not concentrating on a key target. Second, the government risks creating more enemies than necessary. Library services and the Forestry Commission may look like soft targets but have already stirred up more vocal and coherent opposition than I suspect Cameron and his chums were expecting. None of these individual groups has much in common but what might occur is a general resistance to the government to harden across disparate sectors. In addition, the regime will soon suffer form attritional losses and general 'war' weariness as its policy makers are forced to fight everywhere.

e

It was the Tory government of the 1980s that greatly increased police pay and numbers for the very good reason that they needed them onside when the monetarist squeeze inevitably caused trouble on the streets and opposition from the unions.

I can not help thinking this is going to blow up in the Governments face. The strategy as far as I can see is blitzkrieg spending retrenchment on all fronts. There are plenty of reasons for thinking this is not going to work. First, as with operation Barbarossa in 1941 early successes are likely to be lost because forward impetus is lost in attacking in too many places and not concentrating on a key target. Second, the government risks creating more enemies than necessary. Library services and the Forestry Commission may look like soft targets but have already stirred up more vocal and coherent opposition than I suspect Cameron and his chums were expecting. None of these individual groups has much in common but what might occur is a general resistance to the government to harden across disparate sectors. In addition, the regime will soon suffer form attritional losses and general 'war' weariness as its policy makers are forced to fight everywhere.

e

yep, as usual, the w4nkers in charge of the cutting programs aim for the services people actually use.

their own, overpaid, over benefitted and over pensioned trough jobs remain and costs are minimally cut.

so so predictable...you could set your watch by it.

Me, I say all public sector jobs above 25K receive a 50% cut.

I can not help thinking this is going to blow up in the Governments face. Th

Police and army to shoot people to keep them inline is an obsolete concept except in the developing world. In fact asking the police and army to murder their own citzens is risky as they may well turn on the government issuing orders. Then the government has a bigger problem. Tianamen sq took a long time to quell as the CCP bought in soldiers from far away provinces. There is a massive military garrison just North of Beijing. But they were scared the Beijing soldiers may join the protestors.

Modern technology has moved on to prevent such problems. S Koreans developed auto guns

http://singularityhub.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/south-korea-turret.jpg

Also tracked vehicles which will be used to massacre civilians in the near future.