House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
soldintime

Worthing

Can Worthing house prices be sustained with lots of new built coming onto the market in the next years?

New build projects finished

* Warnes apartments near seafront. 200 flats £200,000 to £450,000warnes apartments

Finished in next 3-6 months

* Flats near Worthing station on Teville Road

* Block of 100 flats on Teville Gate roundabout

Projects 6-24 months

* Rebuild of Teville Gate - 300-400 flats

* Union Place - 100-150 flats

* Build area of former 3TO night club - at least 50 flats

Projects 24-60 months

* Area of old Aquarena - 100-200 new flats

* Area near bowling centre / parking garage - 50-70 flats

* West Durrington 3500 new homes (uncertain)

Plus there are tons of smaller projects 4-12 flats here and there. If I have missed any feel free to add.

These projects will have an impact on the prices of existing houses.

Good to see some Worthing news.

I pass new builds on the A24 Findon Road in the valley each morning. Lots of for sale or to let signs outside, accompanied by evidence of insufficient parking provision - and someone's shiny porsche outside! MEW MEW? Combined with the traffic due to new traffic system, these buyers will be taking a big hit!

Few signs on the A27 by-pass fiasco houses have appeared too. Maybe they'll be bailed with a government buy up again.

For teville gate - have they managed to kick Comet out yet then?

/G

Good to see some Worthing news.

I pass new builds on the A24 Findon Road in the valley each morning. Lots of for sale or to let signs outside, accompanied by evidence of insufficient parking provision - and someone's shiny porsche outside! MEW MEW? Combined with the traffic due to new traffic system, these buyers will be taking a big hit!

Few signs on the A27 by-pass fiasco houses have appeared too. Maybe they'll be bailed with a government buy up again.

For teville gate - have they managed to kick Comet out yet then?

/G

I think with Teville Gate they have found some place for the Comet - the OLD PDH garage. There is now only one chemist left who needs rehousing or a big payout.

The teville gate developers want the aquarena site that is seafront location that is where the profit is.

I think with Teville Gate they have found some place for the Comet - the OLD PDH garage. There is now only one chemist left who needs rehousing or a big payout.

The teville gate developers want the aquarena site that is seafront location that is where the profit is.

So another electrical retailer up by lyons farm..... that explains why PDH popped up in the valley then.

I think the Warnes site must be cursed, fires, now boy racers - looks visually acceptable though. Was pleasantly surprised with the design for the old wine lodge site.

Wonder where the new blight areas will be now?

Not so good news for Worthing. 3000 jobs might be on the line almost (10% of the workforce of worthing counting the high % of retirerees) as hospital might close. This will have a ripple effect on housing affordability.

:angry:

Not so good news for Worthing. 3000 jobs might be on the line almost (10% of the workforce of worthing counting the high % of retirerees) as hospital might close.

Do you mean the huge hospital behind Beech House Park that they only built up in the last decade by bulldozing lots of 1920s private housing? Why would they close that? (The PDF link's broken. Must be the worthing.gov site. Google gives the same URL for it.)

Can Worthing house prices be sustained with lots of new built coming onto the market in the next years?

New build projects finished

* Warnes apartments near seafront. 200 flats £200,000 to £450,000warnes apartments

Finished in next 3-6 months

* Flats near Worthing station on Teville Road

* Block of 100 flats on Teville Gate roundabout

Projects 6-24 months

* Rebuild of Teville Gate - 300-400 flats

* Union Place - 100-150 flats

* Build area of former 3TO night club - at least 50 flats

Projects 24-60 months

* Area of old Aquarena - 100-200 new flats

* Area near bowling centre / parking garage - 50-70 flats

* West Durrington 3500 new homes (uncertain)

Plus there are tons of smaller projects 4-12 flats here and there. If I have missed any feel free to add.

These projects will have an impact on the prices of existing houses.

The same thing is happening down the coast here in brighton- there is the massive new development on west street (some of the flats have balconys overlooking west street which has to be the worst place to live in the couth east in terms of noise and sat evening chaos) and also another massive development by behind the station - Just dont get how this is sustainable and who is going to pay 200k plus for a new flat?

Well, Titnore Lane continues to be blocked by the unholy alliance of local NIMBYs and Hugos and Taras in dredlocks.

More here.

One of the complaints was that 75% of housing would be unaffordable. What I can't understand is - why hasn't the developer decided to make it 100% affordable? (edit: silly me, that would be an affordable estate). I'm sure with government bungs it could be just as profitable, and divide the unholy alliance of CPRE types and campaigns for affordable housing down the middle.

btp

Edited by backtoparents