House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Beans

If You Google You're "real" Name, How Many Results Do You Get Back?

I get 202...At least half of them are junk, the others are related to some committee minutes.... I set up a twitter account, and kept on posting sarky remarks...I reckon this has been harming my job chances at the mo, so I've deleted the account, and asked Google to expedite its removal from their cache...

390,000, I appear on page 5, and on page 1 three times for videos! (Music, which I started putting out this past year.)

My name is quite common and there are famous namesakes about the world. A writer, a DJ...

I get 202...At least half of them are junk, the others are related to some committee minutes.... I set up a twitter account, and kept on posting sarky remarks...I reckon this has been harming my job chances at the mo, so I've deleted the account, and asked Google to expedite its removal from their cache...

504. About a third of them are me.

I used to be the only one who popped up for years as my surname is uncommon, and then someone with the same name decided to become a hero and die rescuing lots of people. Selfish git!

My name is one of three on google and I am at the top. My name is also the only one on facebook. Its two common christian names and one common surname so nothing special. But perhaps I am :D

428000. And I appear at number 4..... :) but then not again for at least a dozen pages :blink:

I share a name with some famous, dead religious person, it seems. Amongst other people, like cabbies and people with huge egos/web presence.

428000. And I appear at number 4..... :) but then not again for at least a dozen pages :blink:

I share a name with some famous, dead religious person, it seems. Amongst other people, like cabbies and people with huge egos/web presence.

Jesus?

Loads, on phone so doesn't seem to give number of links but I have two fairly common names. Scrolled through quite a few pages and I wasn't to be seen anywhere

600,000 with my first name but I don't appear for ages as there's an author with the same name.

1,000 with my initials, and I am all of the first page and all but 2 of the second!

I have a pretty Unique Name so 0 if I enter my full name17,500 if I enter just my firstname and last name. None of them appear to be me, but Im probably on page 60+ But I try to keep a degree of calculated separation

My facebook profile is hidden and doesnt have links to my blog/website

My wifes facebook profile is hidden

My Blog/Website is under a different name/another nickname

My twitter is connected to my blog/website but again its under my other nickname and I dont use my real name on twitter

My linkedin is in my name but doesn't have links to my other sites

Are you all called John Smith?

I got very few hits! :blink:

Wow, im doing well. Only four on the name i use (shorterned, ie Tom instead of Thomas) and only 48 on my full name, all of which appear to be dead people on family tree websites.

Ive always ticked the 'do not appear on search engines' option on Facebook, and dont use any other 'social networks'

With ""

About 2,450 results (0.19 seconds)

And most of them are me.

A friend from years ago did track me down on facebook after trying 4 others. :)

In quotation marks I get 118,000 results and none seem to be me, or at least I got down to the 20th or so page and tried a few other random ones. None of my e-mail results, nor telephone numbers produce any results either. Suits me fine.

With ""

About 2,450 results (0.19 seconds)

And most of them are me.

A friend from years ago did track me down on facebook after trying 4 others. :)

Wow you're practically as famous as Jordan.