House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Realistbear

Brighton To Charge For This Year's Gay Pride March

Just heard it on South News. I had no idea GayPride didn't have to pay--huge cleanup (don't go there) and extra policing.

I was wondering about holding a "Hetero Humility" march one year as an alternative lifestyle statement. :lol:

Still, shows you that money is getting tight if they are going to charge for this seminal Brighton event.

Just heard it on South News. I had no idea GayPride didn't have to pay--huge cleanup (don't go there) and extra policing.

I was wondering about holding a "Hetero Humility" march one year as an alternative lifestyle statement. :lol:

Still, shows you that money is getting tight if they are going to charge for this seminal Brighton event.

I would have thought the cost of the clean up would be outweighed by the tourism revenue for local hotels and businesses.

With no link, I suspect this is a charge for the party part of it in Preston Park. London Pride started that in the late 90's and died a death. This will follow suit.

How much is it in pink pounds?

Manchester's does pay but it's normally a donation by the police./council that pay for it.

Does it raise money for charity? Not really - the most money is made by the pubs and clubs how are extra busy.

I would have thought the cost of the clean up would be outweighed by the tourism revenue for local hotels and businesses.

yes but, the clean up costs will be paid by the council/police. Now if the hotels and businesses would happily pay an extra levy then I'm sure it would all be fine.

I tried to organise a Renters' Pride march but it got banned because the authorities thought that it would encourage economic deviancy.

I tried to organise a Mothers Pride march but I couldnt come up with the bread!

No need to dust off my high heels this year then. :blink:

Haven't been to Brighton Pride since 2003, an excellent day out!

Aw, leave them alone. Looking back 50 years its amazing just how much homosexuals have achieved.

The treatment of Alan Turing was nothing for the UK to be proud of.

From Pinknews....

David Harvey, who ran the event between 2003 and 2006, said Brighton Pride was too straight

??? :lol::blink::blink::blink:

good , make them pay their own way

This was considered but as they are a special group they have entitlements including access to public funds--just like any other group provided it is not part of the wrong religion.

I daresay a march for Hetero Humility would be banned as too inflammatory.

This was considered but as they are a special group they have entitlements including access to public funds--just like any other group provided it is not part of the wrong religion.

Unbelievable sense of "entitlement".

Why don't you get off their backs !

Unbelievable sense of "entitlement".

Not a miillionth of the size of the whinging subsidy junkies that live in the country.

Every aspect of their lives is subsidised yet all they do is complain..

Aw, leave them alone. Looking back 50 years its amazing just how much homosexuals have achieved.

The treatment of Alan Turing was nothing for the UK to be proud of.

Please explain.

Tend to agree with Byron, the more people take the piss (however light-heartedly) the more gays retreat to closeted like Alan Turing or brash stereotypes like Graham Norton. I read that a high profile Ch4 star whose shows I find one of the highlights of the year was gay, unless he starts banging on about it or makes it a feature of his shows it doesn't diminish him in my eyes.

There isn't a hetero pride march as nobody takes the piss out of a bloke for liking women so there is no need to react.

I confess I have avoided these events, and kept an eye on where they were, ever since I took a couple of South African mates to a pub to see the rugby. Unbeknownst to me there was a gay pride event going on and ten minutes into the game twenty or so from the march walked into this sparsely-populated pub and declared "This is now a gay pub" and settled in for the afternoon with more joining them. As they say in the News of the World, we made our excuses and left to find another pub!