House Price Crash Forum
Van

Eas Raising Asking Prices

So, through the wonders of Property Bee + Rightmove, we can see price reductions, but also there is the odd sneaky EA who is raising prices, no doubt in the faint hope that by doing so they can entice a buyer with what is seemingly a bigger discount on the asking price.

LET'S PUT A STOP TO IT.

When I see this practice, I simply hit the "contact EA" button, and fill out the form as follows:

Dear EA,

Please can you offer me a good reason why you have increased the asking price of this property when it has been on the market since [initial found date] and you obviously couldn't sell it at the previous lower price? What makes you think that by raising the price you will be able to secure a sale, or is it an underhand trick to make the buyer think they are getting a better discount?

Regards,

It's strangely satisfying.

Edited by Van

It`s called cutting your nose of to spite your face ,they are fully aware the house price index`s are based on asking price apart from the land registry which are based on sold price which is the one to go by as wanting and getting is two totally different thing

From my part of the world the middle and the top end of the market is trading between themselves at silly price`s but the bottom end of the market is falling of a cliff ,the gap between the to is becoming massive ,I cant see it going on much longer at this rate

So, through the wonders of Property Bee + Rightmove, we can see price reductions, but also there is the odd sneaky EA who is raising prices, no doubt in the faint hope that by doing so they can entice a buyer with what is seemingly a bigger discount on the asking price.

LET'S PUT A STOP TO IT.

When I see this practice, I simply hit the "contact EA" button, and fill out the form as follows:

Dear EA,

Please can you offer me a good reason why you have increased the asking price of this property when it has been on the market since [initial found date] and you obviously couldn't sell it at the previous lower price? What makes you think that by raising the price you will be able to secure a sale, or is it an underhand trick to make the buyer think they are getting a better discount?

Regards,

Care to post any replies you've received?

Leave them too it.

People wanting to buy will simply ignore the estate agents with asking prices that are higher than others, and just go to the ones with the best value looking prices.

Dont you just love natural selection.

Care to post any replies you've received?

Dear Nob,

I'm cleverer than you given that I have a suit from Debenhams and a very wide tie.

I have a Jag on hire purchase and you're mum's a whore. House prices only go up I can prove it as they did for the last 5 years and that proves it you must be stupid and I quite like fishing but that doesn't make you a topgun.

In fact you're a total wazzack and people like you make me sick,

you'res truuly,

Mr. EA

[with due apologies to the intelligent EAs out there]

Leave them too it.

People wanting to buy will simply ignore the estate agents with asking prices that are higher than others, and just go to the ones with the best value looking prices.

Dont you just love natural selection.

In an ever dwindlig marketplace EAs are forced to attract business by pursuading the seller that they can get them the best price, but this buggers up their trading costs when they advertise, but cant sell it.

Expect another round of EAs going to the wall, but most round here have moved on to letting agents. If they cant shift it they will try to rent it out.

I Often send them a sarcastic email. Or pretend i'm actually interested in buying.

One local EA has just downsized from there own retail shop like premises to sharing one with the local solicitor! :lol:

LET'S PUT A STOP TO IT.

Dear EA,

Regards,

Dear Van,

I have another very similar house nearby with a desperate seller, so I am trying to make their house look cheaper so they can shift it to some mug who thinks it is a bargain, compared to the one whose price has gone up.

Regards

A Crook

Personally I'll stick to not buying houses that are over priced. Then I save time, and get satisfaction out of doing something that I personally find more satisfying than sending emails that won't get fully read before being trashed. Each to their won though :P