House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Van

Question About Properties For Sale Via Multi-Agents

We are viewing some houses.

There is one place that has been on the market for about 8 months via one agent (Kinley Folkard & Hayward), and then recently has gone multi-agent (also Dexters).

Does anyone know - Is there any agreement that if the property is sold, the seller's fee is split between the agencies?

I ask this because I spoke to arrange a viewing firstly through Dexters, and they told me the property was under offer but they are still marketing it. This sounded like an underhand trick to me, so I phoned the other agent (KFH) to see what they said, and they replied that the property was not under offer. So, I arranged to see the property through them (thinking that Dexters were messing me around trying to hassle me into making an offer). The strange thing though was the the KFH representative then gave the Dexter's sales agent as the person who would show me the property. Does this sound strange? Are they working in collusion and is there an understanding between them that they'll work together to sell the property and then split the fee between them?

This doesn't answer any of your questions, but as soon as I see a property with two for sale signs from different agents outside, I immediately think 'I bet that's overpriced - how about they try lowering the price to generate more interest instead'.

All depends on the agreement that the EA's have arranged.

It sounds like one agent could just be involved to help find buyer leads. If the buyer is one of their leads, then the main agent will pay them a finders fee.

Yes, that would certainly make sense. This must be fairly common practice with a lot of places now difficult to shift.

I usually stick to the Swansea forum due to usually having abuse thrown at me for adding a post although I generally only try to assist or answer questions.

Having more than one agent can be for several reasons.

The main one is that the vendor thinks they will sell much quicker if more than one agent is on the job.

I usually stick to the Swansea forum due to usually having abuse thrown at me for adding a post although I generally only try to assist or answer questions.

Having more than one agent can be for several reasons.

The main one is that the vendor thinks they will sell much quicker if more than one agent is on the job.

You should post on the main board more often. Unless your overly bullish you won't get abuse. Pbroagent certainly doesn't get abuse. He is a very useful and informative poster.

You should post on the main board more often. Unless your overly bullish you won't get abuse. Pbroagent certainly doesn't get abuse. He is a very useful and informative poster.

:lol:

Abuse comes with the job. I don't mind getting it when I deserve it or if it is face to face, so that I can resolve it quickly. Problem with forums is there are a lot of keyboard warriors and I would be seen as an easy target.

I'm more than happy to give advice when asked for and don't mind if my advice is used or not.

Problem for me is a lack of available time to post. I usually read some posts and have to go somewhere before I get to reply :(

I usually stick to the Swansea forum due to usually having abuse thrown at me for adding a post

Abuse?

Are you talking about things like my response to you just now in the renting board on HPC?