House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Food Inflation In Uk 6.1%?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1353296/Food-prices-set-climb-higher-reduced-production-leads-spike.html

Families face paying even more for food after United Nations experts revealed that the cost of key crops has hit an all-time high.

British shoppers are already struggling after a 6.1 per cent increase in weekly grocery bills over the past 12 months – adding £317 a year to the average annual cost.

However, figures published by the UN Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) suggest this is just a taste of things to come. And aid groups warned high prices are putting millions of lives at risk and threaten food riots from the Middle East to Africa and Asia.

Still at least it's all contained and it's all down to one off factors which Mystic Merv has no control over.

5 years from now.. how do you tell a government worker? They are the fat ones. Everyone else will be thin/good shape.

I also have to mention only one leader in the world, Kim Jung Il has cured obesity in his nation. If you ever see videos of North Korea its amazing seeing all these healthy, fit adults around.

Food inflation going crazy while at the same time 40% of the EU budget goes into the CAP (Commmon Agricultural Policy) a large proportion of which goes in direct payment to farmers not to produce crops, to leave their fields fallow and unproductive!

Edited by singlemalt

Let them eat bricks.

na. Brick still increase in price and a good investment as Vi suggested.

Let eat LED TV and computer, as they are the one keeping the inflation down.

may be this is how the gov want us to do to just stick around the TV or internet and claim beneifit.

Now all started making sense now to keep the intrest rate low, as the inflation do not going to effect our next generation.

We'll all have to eat less, which is good. Next time you're walking through a busy street, notice all the people you walk past who you'd count as having too much fat on their body - far more than 80% I'd say.

Did you know about their famine though?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Korean_famine

It affected their kids so much many were stunted in height, which meant the Army had to lower the minimum height for soldiers otherwise they wouldnt have as many soldiers.

Likewise skinny doesnt mean fit and healthy. :)

However I will add that I dont think its all bad that peoples spending is being squeezed. Many people consider the 50's/60's to golden ages, and people were certainly fitter and healthier but how much of that was due in part to more manual work. Likewise how much was down to people being out in the sun getting their VitD? The Govt annouced last week all kids from 6months to 5years have to have VitD supplements now to stem the rise in the numbers developing Rickets.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1350750/All-children-5-vitamin-D-avoid-rickets.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1351422/Five-volunteers-Vitamin-D-levels-tested-results-shocking-Theyre--Generation-D.html

Yes looks like our favorite Asian dictator took skinny being healthy a little too far.

I'm by no means an expert, but with cheap and available fat and sugar everywhere you look, combined with a sedentary lifestyle, this leads to an obese population. Even back in the 1950's people used to move around a lot more.

Out of curiosity I asked a few people what they would think of being forced to eat a certain way, and exercise a certain amount. A lot were actually in favour of it, as they just cannot control themselves with the food all around. And with the option of being lazy. But they are also depressed at being overweight and not good looking.

I am someone who lost 50 pounds of fat. But it takes a lot of will power even when you know what you have to do.

5 years from now.. how do you tell a government worker? employee They are the fat ones. Everyone else will be thin/good shape.

I also have to mention only one leader in the world, Kim Jung Il has cured obesity in his nation. If you ever see videos of North Korea its amazing seeing all these healthy, fit adults around.

Corrected for you. I've seen a lot of government employees but never any workers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1353296/Food-prices-set-climb-higher-reduced-production-leads-spike.html

Still at least it's all contained and it's all down to one off factors which Mystic Merv has no control over.

I think you mean deflation right? Prices go down = deflation, prices go up deflation. Zimbabwe for instance suffered a major period of deflation.

I mean look at the chart here, world wide hyperdeflation.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=158697&st=0&p=2877550&hl=deflation&fromsearch=1entry2877550

Did you know about their famine though?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Korean_famine

It affected their kids so much many were stunted in height, which meant the Army had to lower the minimum height for soldiers otherwise they wouldnt have as many soldiers.

Likewise skinny doesnt mean fit and healthy. :)

North Koreans are amatuers, the great leap forward famine was a real man made famine. Where whatfood there was, got seized to pay off the loans to the USSR and buy weapons. Mass cannibalism occured in China... villages shrunk as they turned on the village idiots and outcasts. If you stood out in any way you were to be eaten.

Why do you think I eye people up like juicy steaks? :P