House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
strbear

Looking For The Halifax Figures And Saw This

Well if you want to know what has happened to house prices in the last 10 years in 3 pages here it is.

Full text

As an example;

The North recorded the biggest rise (130%) followed by Yorkshire and the Humber (125%) and Wales (108%).

Maybe its the hype before they announce this month's YOY ?

As opposed to strbear's unreal link? :blink:

Does anyone know what the reason is for that "Ten Year Report"? It seems very bearish, like they're running scared from "something" ...

EDIT: Missed the word 'is'.

Edited by keef

Well if you want to know what has happened to house prices in the last 10 years in 3 pages here it is.

10 years is an interesting time frame - it only takes you back to the start of 2001.

Actually (in the SE especially) a lot of the bubble was inflated in 1997 to 2001 so that's missed out of the stats.

Even so 100% house price increases against 30% retail prices inflation is an obvious problem.

10 years is an interesting time frame - it only takes you back to the start of 2001.

Actually (in the SE especially) a lot of the bubble was inflated in 1997 to 2001 so that's missed out of the stats.

Even so 100% house price increases against 30% retail prices inflation is an obvious problem.

round our way (SE) we had a second go from 04 to '07 (the 04 is a guess, but we certainly had a lull followed by a big leg up. Prices round here are driven by the City, so maybe 04 is about right as the SM was at its depths in 2003.

Yes, this from the BBC in 1999 when they were a little more of a news outlet and a little less of a HPI ramping service

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/429452.stm

Though their understanding of economics was as good as always...

The strong increase in house prices has been driven partly by the sharp cuts in interest rates by the Bank of England to ward off the threat of inflation.

First ive heard of cutting rates to stop inflation.

Yes, this from the BBC in 1999 when they were a little more of a news outlet and a little less of a HPI ramping service

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/429452.stm

Though their understanding of economics was as good as always...

The strong increase in house prices has been driven partly by the sharp cuts in interest rates by the Bank of England to ward off the threat of inflation.

First ive heard of cutting rates to stop inflation.

It's enough to make you weep.

_429701_house_prices300.gif

Edited by GordonBrownSpentMyFuture

It's enough to make you weep.

Geez, that's not even an exaggeration, I'm not joking when I say I pity the young these days (and that's anyone under 30, but more especially under 25).

Geez, that's not even an exaggeration, I'm not joking when I say I pity the young these days (and that's anyone under 30, but more especially under 25).

....don't fret the old will soon be dead, the young are the future, owning a house will no longer be the wealth creating phenomena that it had become.......your brains, health and determination to succeed in a honest and ethical way, do not fear change or challenge and be prepared to work hard for what you believe in and you shouldn't go far wrong. ;)