House Price Crash Forum
mikthe20

Question Time

Just watched last half of QT (after watching 10 o'clock Live, which was pants again this week).

What a depressing programme. So much cheering for anything pro-Labour or pro-public sector. The Tory MP was a lone voice with pretty much all the others against him. He also put on a really crap show and didn't defend policy with any conviction or skill. It seems to me that the vast majority want a return to Labour profligacy. They don't seem to understand that this will lead to bankruptcy and is the worst thing for working people. They don't seem to understand that Labour hipocrisy endebted millions of working class people with debt they could ill-afford. Above all, they don't seem to understand that the public sector has to be paid for by everyone else. A bit of pain and seemingly most people can't take it. The Tories can't defend themselves properly and so the argument for balanced budgets will be lost.

So, Labour at next election then (not necessarily in 4 years time) and more money to be pissed up the wall. IMF will visit about 2 years after. Looks like people will only learn the hard way.

I worry about explaining to my kids how we let the country go down the toilet because no-one could do basic maths or have any self-restraint when it came to spending money.

I've been a deflationist up until now but it really seems no-one has the gumption to do what's right and will simply cave under a bit pf pressure and hit the print button.

I agree entirely, so many of my friends have no idea, they seem to think money grows on trees and that the public sector is somehow funded by magic.

They have no idea how much tax they pay and no idea how much tax the 'rich' pay and how much debt the country is in, and what this means to us..... it's frustrating.

Just watched last half of QT

Always a mistake.

and people say the BBC isn't biased!

Not noticed that on here. :lol:

Watching QT is invariably a vexation to the spirit. Just say no.

It's the stalinist Dimblebore that mkes it unwatchable, as does his equally twattish brother on Any Questions to Which You Want a Left-Wing Answer. Though a story this morning (saw earlier, so you'll have to find the link yourself) had him potentially quitting because it's moving to Glasgow. So I might watch it for the first time since Robin Day left.

Haven't watched QT in years, I've got a nice TV and the urge to put my foot through it would be too great.

Of course the public wants govt spending the entire economy is hooked on it. It's like asking a group of heroin users if they'd like more or less, I'm betting they won't go for the we'd like less please.

Great post, OP! I totally agree..... Is it any coincidence that the average poster here seems smarter than the man on the street and thus stays well clear of Labour? If Labour won again would that be enough reason to leave the country? The Tories seem not to change much for now - public sector, despite the coming cuts, will still be a ridiculous gravy train IMO. And of course I completely agree regarding the stupidity of the average person...

Who was that blonde economics woman? I thought she was awful, a complete bimbo. Problem is if you make even a slightly right-wing comment they handle it by being condescending and spiteful, the only way the public seem to resonate with... they basically call you a bad boy and paint you as Hitler.

If this HPC does NOT happen and Labour DO get in, that will be too much for me to stomach and I will leave this country.

Great post, OP! I totally agree..... Is it any coincidence that the average poster here seems smarter than the man on the street and thus stays well clear of Labour? If Labour won again would that be enough reason to leave the country? The Tories seem not to change much for now - public sector, despite the coming cuts, will still be a ridiculous gravy train IMO. And of course I completely agree regarding the stupidity of the average person...

Who was that blonde economics woman? I thought she was awful, a complete bimbo. Problem is if you make even a slightly right-wing comment they handle it by being condescending and spiteful, the only way the public seem to resonate with... they basically call you a bad boy and paint you as Hitler.

If this HPC does NOT happen and Labour DO get in, that will be too much for me to stomach and I will leave this country.

Agree entirely, if the corrupt scum Liebour Party get in again in the next few years there may not be enough of this country left to learn the hard way.

To be honest I saw the intro to QT last night and despite the presence of good old Melanie Phillips I just turned it over. The BBC is staffed and run by identikit Guardian aligned Liebour supporters (never forget their champagne party in '97) and QT is simply an excuse to gerrymander an audience and panel to kid a few more people their pathetic gramscian student radical views are somehow the voice of the people.

And who the hell was that 'economist'.............I have met haidressers who know more about current affairs and the economy.

Edited by Warwick Yellow

She loved the sound of her own voice...

What is this about a champagne party? They celebrated when Labour won did they?

To be honest I never watched it either - only caught 5 mins. Have decided my time is better used doing other things...

That woman was indeed awful. I absolutely hated the way she said something like "I speak with the authority of an economist and as an economist I say what this country needs right now is growth not cuts". Well, I'm an economist too and it's absolutely ******ing obvious that we can't carry on spending what we don't have and most of the growth we've had over the last decade was caused by free credit or government spending. FFS, simple house-keeping "means spend less than comes in." Seems to work for the Germans doesn't it?

Well, went to bed ranting and work up ranting! I think I'm on this site too much. :wacko:

She loved the sound of her own voice...

What is this about a champagne party? They celebrated when Labour won did they?

To be honest I never watched it either - only caught 5 mins. Have decided my time is better used doing other things...

Indeed they did.........check out the link on the right hand side of this site....http://biased-bbc.blogspot.com/......

Lots of interesting facts here like how the BBC does over 80% of it's job advertising in the Guardian, the bigoted tossers.

It's the stalinist Dimblebore that mkes it unwatchable, as does his equally twattish brother on Any Questions to Which You Want a Left-Wing Answer. Though a story this morning (saw earlier, so you'll have to find the link yourself) had him potentially quitting because it's moving to Glasgow. So I might watch it for the first time since Robin Day left.

Something strange has been happening on Any Questions over the last 2 weeks. When the Labour lovey has said we have to spend loads more to get growth, there has been booing in the audience.

I could not believe it, booing. I have some faith again in the UK public.

On another point. Did you notice last night on QT the last point made in the show was by a fat slob who said "This country does not need Dictator Cameron." If this was not fixed then I am a piece of camembert.

Question time was pants.

The cons just don't know how to handle tv.

He should have said "Under labour forests were sold off and access has been removed. That was a disgrace. This can not happen again. Our plan is to safeguard access for ever. "

Thank god andy burnham didn't get elected though as labour leader. He's much too sharp and pointy. Mind you he is less bland than the milibland brothers.

Above all, they don't seem to understand that the public sector has to be paid for by everyone else.

This seems to be the key missing link. Absolutely incredible, but true!

most of the growth we've had over the last decade was caused by free credit or government spending.

Very true, but debt (with a dollop of government spending) is wealth (for quite a lot of people).

Very true, but debt (with a dollop of government spending) is wealth (for quite a lot of people).

The public dont appear to want,or need wealth.

they want, and indeed, demand...spending power.

There was one question where Burnham was the last person on and went on and on about how the cuts were bad but it wasn't really relevant to that question, Dimbleby let him do it, when usually if they go off topic he shuts them up.

Watching all the clapping and cheering about the forests I couldn't help think that there is really no intention by the government to sell any forests. Is it just one of those things that they pretend to do then back down on, so the sheeple feel they have won something? Then it makes the sheeple carry on being obedient debt slaves. Green couldn't say why they were doing - he daren't if it was the same reason as what I was thinking.

Why don't the ConDems use QT to explain the difference between Deficit and Debt? All they ever say is the amount of interest we are paying on our debt - but that doesn't worry the sheeple with their 17% APR credit debt - they just expect the government to have to pay a larger figure - and think we can afford it!

The Condems should use the bath analogy from Britain's Trillion Pound Horror Story.

Edited by Redhat Sly

I used to watch QT every week from about 1995 onwards but gradually stopped watching it so avidly from about 2004/2005* when I got really disillusioned with the way the UK was going economically, politically and immigration wise, because you only need to look at the panel these days - half jumped up celebs etc.

Basically, QT is shit now.

*when I became a grumpy old git. :P

Edited by bomberbrown