House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

okaycuckoo

Faces In Clouds

OK, was noodling about on another forum and clicked a thread on photos of outerspace. Lovely stars and galaxies in high resolution, so I decided to reset my desktop background - from riot police outside Westminster - to remind myself of the ineffable majesty of whatever's out there. Ahem.

This is the photo I opted for, Eta Carinae Nebula (sorry, my HPC settings are buggered so I can't import the picture - links to wikimedia commons):

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Eta_Carinae_Nebula_1.jpg

Looks good, in a Jackson Pollock kind of way. I set it as desktop, resolution OK, not great. But every time I look at it I see four spooky faces staring back at me.

I don't think you can get full screen from the link above, so if you can't see them from that magnificiation try setting it as desktop.

Anyone else see them? Or is this a job for erranta?

OK, was noodling about on another forum and clicked a thread on photos of outerspace. Lovely stars and galaxies in high resolution, so I decided to reset my desktop background - from riot police outside Westminster - to remind myself of the ineffable majesty of whatever's out there. Ahem.

This is the photo I opted for, Eta Carinae Nebula (sorry, my HPC settings are buggered so I can't import the picture - links to wikimedia commons):

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Eta_Carinae_Nebula_1.jpg

Looks good, in a Jackson Pollock kind of way. I set it as desktop, resolution OK, not great. But every time I look at it I see four spooky faces staring back at me.

I don't think you can get full screen from the link above, so if you can't see them from that magnificiation try setting it as desktop.

Anyone else see them? Or is this a job for erranta?

Maybe a little cuckoo but certainly not mad

Thanks for the link. I knew there would be some scientific category.

But you haven't answered the question - Can you see them too? And which ones?

see pic.

faces

see pic.

faces

you've missed the skull looking thing, white bit just left of middle.

and there's a whole crouching alien thing on the right, not looking directly at you though!

and there;s a huge one in the middle too.

i see more faces everytime I look!

you've missed the skull looking thing, white bit just left of middle.

and there's a whole crouching alien thing on the right, not looking directly at you though!

and there;s a huge one in the middle too.

i see more faces everytime I look!

Quite! I've seen another three since coming back to this thread... not sure if they're the same as those...

Have drawn some more on and will have another look later maybe...

Thanks for the link. I knew there would be some scientific category.

But you haven't answered the question - Can you see them too? And which ones?

I will share a story... about 10 years ago an airliner from New York to Europe crashed shortly after taking off. I heard the news on the TV, went out to do some shopping and upon returning home I was stopped in my tracks by the cloud formation above me.

High up there were hundreds of clouds, about 300 varying in sizes but all basically smallish, which looked like the outlines of human bodies but with wings - angels. They were moving, naturally, from East to West and at high attitude. It was one of the most remarkable sites I have ever seen.

I am a big 'cloud nut' and often observe different cloud formations but had never seen anything like this before.

Bearing in mind what had happened earlier did I see what I saw or did I want to see what I saw?

Yes, the faces are quite prominent but having looked at the picture for a couple of minutes I can also see 2 fish, 3 cats, 3 birds, a bat and a sheep. Probably more if I looked harder.

I hear dead people and I see voices in my head.

Do I need help ?