House Price Crash Forum
Pent Up

Relocation Relocation

That dopey old hag keeps banging on about lack of supply, need to hurry, cant afford to hang around etc.

When was this shit filmed? 2007?

Now the retards want an investment pwoperdee in an up and coming area that will increase on value. Going for a 1 bed flat :lol: no market research whatsoever as usual.

Edited by Pent Up

No professional investor would buy at 4.5% especially a random flat.

All this does is ramp prices as people watching think 4.5% is an investment.

Total rubbish from someone who does not have a clue on investments.

I have had the sound down whilst watching real news via the web and just turned it back on to hear those infamous words - "It's a up and coming area! :lol:

Also Spencer asking "How do you feel about spending more money in order to reduce your risk?" - wtf!!!

Edited by GeordieAndy

From the women buyer "it's probably a sound investment because everything is there"

****** me! Do these people not do any research into the housing Market whatsoever before deciding to invest hundreds of thousands of leveraged pounds!

I shouldnt have started watching this. Now I'm angry.

WTF ?!

Basing all these yields on an interest only mortgage :lol:

WHAT IS THE ******ING POINT !!

And he has just said they are putting down a ~40k deposit. So they put that deposit down and in 25 years ZERO to show for it. (Well apart from 25% of the value - so is this their investment 'strategy'. ?)

How the ****** does this have any sort of 'yield' in it ?! There is no point in calculating this yield on anything to do with the price IMO. They are just borrowing money - the house is incidental.

They really need to compare their mortgage outgoings with the rent they will receive. And of course add in maintenance/tax etc..

Edited by ccc

WTF ?!

Basing all these yields on an interest only mortgage :lol:

WHAT IS THE ******ING POINT !!

And he has just said they are putting down a ~40k deposit. So they put that deposit down and in 25 years ZERO to show for it.

How the ****** does this have any sort of 'yield' in it ?! There is no point in calculating this yield on anything to do with the price IMO. They are just borrowing money - the house is incidental.

They really need to compare their mortgage outgoings with the rent they will receive. And of course add in maintenance/tax etc..

+1

They calculate yields as if they are cash buyers.

****** me! Do these people not do any research into the housing Market whatsoever before deciding to invest hundreds of thousands of leveraged pounds!

No.

People will spend hours on a price comparison website to chisel £20 off of the cost of a tumble drier but will spend hundreds of thousands of pounds on something that is transparently not worth a fifth of the cost, if they can do it using borrowed money.

Filmed Febuary/April 2010. So it's fair enough that the fat hag would have still thought houses were flying off the shelves with shortages of supply as I very much doubt she is intelligent enough to keep up to date with the latest Market trends.

+1

They calculate yields as if they are cash buyers.

Yep just what I was thinking. Although to be fair it wasn't them calculating the yield this way - it was the 'property expert' Phil...:rolleyes:

I think the basic yield calculation is only worthwhile if it is cash. Otherwise a far more complex calculation is required IMO.

Yep just what I was thinking. Although to be fair it wasn't them calculating the yield this way - it was the 'property expert' Phil...:rolleyes:

I think the basic yield calculation is only worthwhile if it is cash. Otherwise a far more complex calculation is required IMO.

By 'they' I meant the "'experts'"

By 'they' I meant the "'experts'"

Ah yes. How could we mistake our TV property experts. :D

I started watching this and after 15 minutes, found it utterly dull. Been getting bored of this now for the last year or so now. Time to can the programme - and also L x 3? :unsure:

Anyhoo, when I lost interest I left it on in the background as I came onto my PC. I heard the 4.5 % yield on the prospective rental and I too thought that it was poor. If the couple want a nest egg for their children that matures when they reach adulthood then why don't they just open up a trust fund(s) for them - or some other savings or investment vehicle(s)? :unsure:

Even while prices are falling? "I like to think our advice over the past 20 years on Location, Location, Location has never been about making money; it's about finding people homes," he says.

"The problem is, though, people expect to make money from their homes in this country. Surely you work to make money – a house is to shelter your family? We've always advised people to buy for the long term; to buy something flexible that can be adapted to suit your needs or altered to add value. I see the property market as a game of snakes and ladders. The least number of moves it takes you to get to the top, the better."

You lying ****!

"I gaurantee you what not lose money on this house" Phil Spencer LLL August 2007.

Watching it on C4+1. Comedy gold. I find it hard to believe that the fat bint and the bust baldie could still find feckwits like these less than a year ago.

How brave will they be? As 'brave' as any other feckwit methinks.

You lying ****!

"I gaurantee you what not lose money on this house" Phil Spencer LLL August 2007.

HA HA! So come on Pent Up, tell us what you really think of him?

(In case anyone is in any doubt, I think you're spot on by the way)