House Price Crash Forum
Chest Rockwell

Massive Housing Plan Dropped (Worcester)

A MAJOR plan to build 4,000 homes to the west of the city has been pulled by its developers.

JS Bloor Homes (Tewkesbury) say they have shelved the plans which would have seen an estate bigger than the town of Pershore built between Dines Green and Lower Broadheath.

It comes after council planners told the developer no "positive decisions" would be made, while new housing figures are still being thrashed out.

http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/8832245.Massive_housing_plan_dropped/

Or could it be because of:

* Less mortgages being dished out for new sub standard homes

* Declining House Prices

* No money for sub standard "Affordable Homes" for the shared ownership scam

* and basically "No Free Taxpayer Money"

It really amazes me that these hair brained schemes are still being put forward? The City is littered with half built flats and houses where construction ceased in 2008/2009. I read that another developer is now going to try their luck by building homes to the south of the city? The road links in that area can barely cope as it is at the moment! But oh no..."Keep Britain Building!"...give me a break!

Ah, Bloor Homes. They were the ones that managed to offload 335 unsold properties on to the taxpayer in 2008, taking advantage of the government's special housebuilder subsidy. No wonder they tried to do it again, it's a great business plan - build some crappy blocks of flats, overprice them, wait a couple of months while they remain unsold, and then get the local authority to buy them up at full price leaving you with a massive profit.

http://www.building.co.uk/news/bloor-sells-excess-units-to-housing-association/3125504.article

Ah, Bloor Homes. They were the ones that managed to offload 335 unsold properties on to the taxpayer in 2008, taking advantage of the government's special housebuilder subsidy. No wonder they tried to do it again, it's a great business plan - build some crappy blocks of flats, overprice them, wait a couple of months while they remain unsold, and then get the local authority to buy them up at full price leaving you with a massive profit.

http://www.building.co.uk/news/bloor-sells-excess-units-to-housing-association/3125504.article

Thanks for that link! The County Council this week started it's job shredding agenda with 700 jobs put at risk in Children's Services...the same is happening to the District Councils too! But last week the job news from the County Council was made public...but up until that point Bloor were adament that they would build these homes? And now they've "shelved" the plans? Sounds more like "someone" has told them "if they don't sell then we cannot buy them".

A MAJOR plan to build 4,000 homes to the west of the city has been pulled by its developers.

JS Bloor Homes (Tewkesbury) say they have shelved the plans which would have seen an estate bigger than the town of Pershore built between Dines Green and Lower Broadheath.

It comes after council planners told the developer no "positive decisions" would be made, while new housing figures are still being thrashed out.

http://www.worcester...g_plan_dropped/

Or could it be because of:

* Less mortgages being dished out for new sub standard homes

* Declining House Prices

* No money for sub standard "Affordable Homes" for the shared ownership scam

* and basically "No Free Taxpayer Money"

It really amazes me that these hair brained schemes are still being put forward? The City is littered with half built flats and houses where construction ceased in 2008/2009. I read that another developer is now going to try their luck by building homes to the south of the city? The road links in that area can barely cope as it is at the moment! But oh no..."Keep Britain Building!"...give me a break!

Flood-plain Scam? >>> massive insurance?

eee it were all fields when I was a lass.

No seriously it was. Since then they built a great bloody road through it ...

Dines Green used to be rough as anything...

The end of Lower Broadheath nearest it is around the common and the houses are uber-posh and dear. (For there anyway)

Local young people are seriously priced out though and can't buy in the village. There was a plan to build some affordable housing nearer my dad but it didn't happen in the end

Unless they're selling them at 40k they'll still be priced out.

Sorry for the 'slight off topic'...

In Norfolk, Bloor Homes are offering a £3,000 voucher towards a family holiday with every new house purchase. Plus free entry to a competition where the prize is a Triumph motorbike.

FFS, just drop the asking prices by a few thou... <_<

Dines Green used to be rough as anything...

It still is! And most homes are not eligible for mortgages as they are built from "concrete" so I'm told! Even the pub in Dines Green shut down 3 years ago...The Drakes Drum.

It still is! And most homes are not eligible for mortgages as they are built from "concrete" so I'm told! Even the pub in Dines Green shut down 3 years ago...The Drakes Drum.

Lol didn't like to assume. My little sis is shacked up with some lad from dines green I think ..