House Price Crash Forum

Mrs Bercow Says Her Husband Has Become More Sexually Active Since Becoming Speaker

Bruce Banner

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
The outspoken comments are likely to fuel criticism that Ms Bercow's antics are bringing the role of the Speaker into disrepute.

Her enemies in parliament are legion - from Labour MPs who resent the amount of media coverage she receives to traditionalists who object to her interviews about alcohol and casual sex.

But her supporters say that the criticism comes from latent sexism, with opponents wanting her to fulfil the traditional role of a quiet, compliant wife.

I think I tend to agree with the 'Ms Bercow's antics are bringing the role of the Speaker into disrepute' sentiment. I must be old fashioned! :)

Her sex is a red-herring. If the speaker was a woman and her vaguely-'hunk' husband behaved as Ms Bercow does -- including perhaps posing for a towel-from-waist-down shot with Palace of Westminster in the background, I think I would feel pretty much the same about it.

Her supporters may complain that she shouldn't necessarily play the traditional wife-in-the-background role, but perhaps it ought to be pointed out that, if her husband wasn't in some sense in the foreground, the background is where she'd be by default. (Again, swapping the sexes wouldn't change this.)

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Archived