House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bruce Banner

Mrs Bercow Says Her Husband Has Become More Sexually Active Since Becoming Speaker

Like Berlusconi it must be the smell of power at work.

I am sure that has something to do with it.......funny what a sense of power and control can do to some people. ;)

Mrs Bercow Says Her Husband Has Become More Sexually Active Since Becoming Speaker

The question is "is he Happy"?

And if not which one is he?

The outspoken comments are likely to fuel criticism that Ms Bercow's antics are bringing the role of the Speaker into disrepute.

Her enemies in parliament are legion - from Labour MPs who resent the amount of media coverage she receives to traditionalists who object to her interviews about alcohol and casual sex.

But her supporters say that the criticism comes from latent sexism, with opponents wanting her to fulfil the traditional role of a quiet, compliant wife.

I think I tend to agree with the 'Ms Bercow's antics are bringing the role of the Speaker into disrepute' sentiment. I must be old fashioned! :)

Her sex is a red-herring. If the speaker was a woman and her vaguely-'hunk' husband behaved as Ms Bercow does -- including perhaps posing for a towel-from-waist-down shot with Palace of Westminster in the background, I think I would feel pretty much the same about it.

Her supporters may complain that she shouldn't necessarily play the traditional wife-in-the-background role, but perhaps it ought to be pointed out that, if her husband wasn't in some sense in the foreground, the background is where she'd be by default. (Again, swapping the sexes wouldn't change this.)

Me too.

They seem filthy. Maybe they are up for a Tommy Sheridan style gang bang. :lol:

What made me laugh was that Bercow once wrote a booklet called "How to pick up a virgin." :lol: Slapper Sally is well-known for spending her younger years getting totally pissed every night and shagging random blokes.