House Price Crash Forum
Bruce Banner

Cash Buyers Offering The Asking Price.

An estate agent has got the email address wrong and is sending me a string of emails regarding the sale of "my" house. The latest one informs me that the couple who viewed two weeks ago have sold their house and are now cash buyers. They are happy to offer the asking price.

I wonder if the real vendor knows what's going on.

:lol::lol::lol:

Maybe it's a tactic to make you think there are still desperate buyers out there about to snap up the bargain you could have had?. :lol:

An estate agent has got the email address wrong and is sending me a string of emails regarding the sale of "my" house. The latest one informs me that the couple who viewed two weeks ago have sold their house and are now cash buyers. They are happy to offer the asking price.

Perfectly illustrates how inept estate agents are.

Tell them you think the country would be a better place if house prices were cheaper, so you would he happy to sell a house at 20% less.

Maybe it's a tactic to make you think there are still desperate buyers out there about to snap up the bargain you could have had?. :lol:

Almost a certainty. Probably thousands have received the same emails "in error".

Edited by billybong

so, a sale, STC is now a cashbuyer?

is that what they are saying?

either that, or they have another house, or are on holiday somewhere.

Quick!

E-mail the agent to say how delighted you are, say you have decided to move into rented and will buy him a case of bubbly when the deal goes through. Then ask to see proof that the proceeds from the "cash buyers'" house sale are fully liquid and available today... When he e-mails back saying they have not actually sold, but have found a buyer, cut and paste the following in your reply:

Dear Cretin.

I am astonished to note that you can't tell the difference between a cash buyer and one in a chain.

Please consider yourself disinstructed as selling agent with immediate effect.

Yours,

Mr Seller.

Mr Banner,

you do know that the disclaimer at the bottom of the email saying that to impart info based on the email if you are not the intended recipient will have dire consequences for you now that you have totally ignored it.

Its worse than opening a letter delivered by HM postal service.

your fridge is likely to defrost itself.

Mr Banner,

you do know that the disclaimer at the bottom of the email saying that to impart info based on the email if you are not the intended recipient will have dire consequences for you now that you have totally ignored it.

Its worse than opening a letter delivered by HM postal service.

your fridge is likely to defrost itself.

Oooops, I'd better get my landlord to buy me a nice new one :D.

Oooops, I'd better get my landlord to buy me a nice new one :D.

On that note, our LL has agreed another year rent freeze, and the new Double glazing goes in in March.

along with replacement carpets to the lounge.

The Majority of EA's working in the industry today are morally damaged and have no idea how to respond in a truthful manner,even

if it was to there advantage!.I work on the premise,everything they say is either completely untrue or distorted.If they were caught out

lying,they would consider you to have the problem

The few honest ones in the Business are probably all long gone.

BS

The Majority of EA's working in the industry today are morally damaged and have no idea how to respond in a truthful manner,even

if it was to there advantage!.I work on the premise,everything they say is either completely untrue or distorted.If they were caught out

BS

Given the artificial growth of EA offices during the peak bubble period and since that period went on for a fair while, is it likely that most EAS today have little experience of a normal market?

BS

Your wording suggests that at one time they were truthful?!

Every person who buys a house is a cash buyer. Is a mortgage from a lender paid to the Vendor in Green Shield Stamps? :rolleyes:

When completion takes place the Vendor or his Solicitor receives cash albeit by electronic transfer.

I remember an ex customer, a builder who built 2 Executive type houses in 1992, showed a potential buyer around who called at his office. The interested buyer said he would buy one, they went back to his office and the buyer opened a Briefcase containing £350k in Bank issued £50 notes. :blink:

Now that was a special cash buyer. :D