House Price Crash Forum
SarahBell

Whinging B8Stard Mps

That's the point of expenses.

They cover your expenses.

Some whinging MP says they have had to borrow off relatives at xmas and they should have more expenses.

Blox to it.

If you need something because of your MP job then it's an expense and not a problem.

If you don't, then you pay for it yourself and - here's a novel thought - live within your means.

Some whinging MP says they have had to borrow off relatives at xmas and they should have more expenses.

Blox to it.

If you need something because of your MP job then it's an expense and not a problem.

If you don't, then you pay for it yourself and - here's a novel thought - live within your means.

....absolutely, who do they think they are? special people, our nurses, care workers and many more who do wondrous voluntary work in our communities do it for nothing....MPs get paid a good salary...many more get far less without the benefit of expenses to top it up.... ;)

Guest sillybear2

I suggest they pop over to HMP Spring Hill and ask their mate David Chaytor how to scam more money.

Blox to it.

linky, or just a rant?

linky, or just a rant?

Was on r4 at lunch time news

Think it must be her

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2011/feb/03/commons-leader-attacks-mps-expenses-watchdog

• Morgan said her £77 claim for a big society reception at the House of Commons, in which local volunteers were invited to meet the minister Nick Hurd, was subsequently paid out.

She said she had been forced to take out personal loans and rely on her husband's income to subsidise the start-up costs of becoming an MP, but that Ipsa was aware of the problems and was improving the system.

Edited by SarahBell

They need to learn to "cut their cloth."

Others have to live within their means so why should they be any different. If they want riches they can go find a job as a local authority "excecutive." :angry:

Edited by Realistbear

MPs have been reading MicBrown's book on claiming benefits again.

Some great comments - people have learned to check behind the affronted fronts the scheming MP's put on!

nickmavros SO THAT WE KNOW WHO IS TALKING

Sir George Young claimed the maximum second home allowance on his London flat for the past two years.

In total, the Old Etonian, chairman of the standards and privileges committee, claimed £127,159 between 2001 and 2008 for his flat in Victoria, within walking distance of the House of Commons.

By far his biggest outgoing was the interest repayments on the flat he bought for £397,000 in 2005, which averaged more than £1,400 a month.

He has also claimed for electrical items including a £699 washer-dryer (reduced to £500 by the fees office) and a £449 dishwasher (reduced to £375), as well as modest food claims of £5 a week.

YOU SYCOPHANTIC ROYALIST - YOU SHOULD BE ABSOLUTELY ASHAMED OF YOURSELF!

Look at the pies a typical MP has their fingers in + £1,250 per hr fees paid on top of Parliamentary earnings and expense claims!

Just imagine the collusion going on within Parliament as each MP with outside 'interests' influences Govt decisions on public support for Eurotunnel and which 'favorite' companies get allocated 'plumb' contracts for huge public funded construction works etc

Corrupted 'influence' towards decisions being made must be incredible!

As you can see below he's mixed in with investment banksters plus the ECO ******** public rip-off!

YEO, Tim (South Suffolk)

1. Remunerated directorships

Univent PLC (Chair); operator of nursing homes for elderly people and domiciliary care agencies. Address: Yeoman House, 57-63 Croydon Rd, London, SE20 7TS. Duties include running board meetings, and keeping in touch with senior management. Resigned 30 September 2009.

Received payment of £1250 (£744.65 net). Hours: 1hr. (Registered 22 September 2009)

Received payment of £1250 (£737.50 net). Hours: 1 hr. (Registered 12 October 2009)

ITI Energy Limited; suppliers of gasification equipment.

AFC Energy; company developing alkaline fuel cell technology. Address: Unit 71.4 Dunsfold Park, Stovolds Hill, Cranleigh, Surrey, GU6 8TB. Undertake duties as Chair, run board meetings and keep in touch with senior management.

Received payment of £3,750. Hours: 5 hrs. (Registered 12 September 2009)

Received payment of £3,750. Hours: 5 hrs. (Registered 12 October 2009)

Received payment of £3750. Hours: 7 hrs. (Registered 7 November 2009)

Received payment of £3750. Hours: 6 hrs. (Registered 7 December 2009)

Received payment of £3750. Hours: 6 hrs. (Registered 9 January 2010)

Received payment of £3,750. Hours: 5 hrs. (Registered 13 February 2010)

Received payment of £3,750. Hours: 8 hrs. (Registered 24 March 2010)

Received payment of £3,750. Hours: 6 hrs. (Registered 3 June 2010)

Received payment of £3,750. Hours: 6 hrs. (Registered 9 June 2010)

Received payment of £3,750. Hours: 9 hrs. (Registered15 July 2010)

Received payment of £3,750. Hours: 6 hrs. (Registered 11 August 2010)

Groupe Eurotunnel SA (non-executive) (of which Eurotunnel plc is a wholly owned subsidiary); company managing the Channel Tunnel. Address: Cheriton Parc, Cheriton High Street, Folkestone, Kent, CT19 4QS. My duties as a non-executive director include attendance at meetings of the Board and of the Environment and Safety Committee and advising senior management on a range of issues.

Received payment of £4265.50. Hours: 8 hrs. (Registered 12 September 2009)

Received payment of £2771.86. Hours: 4 hrs. (Registered 12 October 2009)

Received payment of £4051.17. Hours: 7 hrs. (Registered 12 October 2009)

Received payment of £3478. Hours: 4 hrs. (8 December 2009)

Received payment of £6568. Hours: 9 hrs. (Registered 9 January 2010)

Received payment of £4061.57. Hours: 4 hrs. (Registered 13 February 2010)

Received payment of £3,193.83. Hours: 4 hrs. (Registered 3 June 2010)

Received payment of £3,410.06. Hours: 5 hrs. (Registered 3 June 2010)

Received payment of £4,564.32. Hours: 7 hrs. (Registered 9 June 2010)

Received payment of £3,216.73. Hours: 6 hrs. (Registered 15 July 2010)

Received payment of £4,457.05. Hours: 6 hrs. (Registered 11 August 2010)

Eco City Vehicles plc, Hemming House, Hemming Street, London, E1 5BL; distributes and services London taxis. Duties include chairing board meetings and keeping in touch with senior management.

Received payment of £10,000 for work carried out between April and June 2009. Hours: 26hrs. (Registered 22 September 2009)

Received payment of £10,000. Hours: 28 hrs. (Registered 7 December 2009)

Received payment of £10,000. Hours: 45 hrs. (Registered 24 March 2010)

Received payment of £3,333.33. Hours: 9 hrs. (Registered 9 June 2010)

Received payment of £3,333.33. Hours: 8 hrs. (Registered 15 July 2010)

Received payment of £3,333.33. Hours: 6 hrs. (Registered 11 August 2010)

Received payment of £7,833.32. Hours: 34 hrs. (Registered 3 June 2010)

Received payment of £3,916.61. Hours: 8 hrs. (Registered 3 June 2010)

First London Securities Group plc, Norfolk House, 31 St James Square, London, SW1Y 4JR; investment bankers. Duties include attending board meetings and occasional meetings with senior management. Resigned 14 March 2010.

Received payment of £6,250 for work carried out between March and May 2009. Hours: 6hrs. (Registered 20 September 2009)

Received payment of £12,500. Hours: 11 hrs. (Registered 9 January 2010)

2. Remunerated employment, office, profession etc

Occasional articles for Country Life magazine.

Management consultant giving advice on strategy and business to Regenesis Ltd, Coptoak House, 216 Blackberry Lane, Limpley Stoke, Bath, BA2 7FE; a California-based company which develops, manufactures and markets advanced technologies for the restoration or remediation of natural resources.

Received payment of £2500. Hours: 3 hrs. (Registered 12 September 2009)

Received payment of £2500. Hours: 3 hrs. (Registered 7 December 2009)

Received payment of £2500. Hours: 3 hrs. (Registered 3 June 2010)

Member of Advisory Board of Oxinia (August 2008-September 2009); a group of recruitment consultants and head-hunters.

Received payment of £2000 for giving a speech to the Cheshire Pitt Club. Address of payer: Gordon Poole Agency Limited, The Limes, Brockley, Bristol, BS48 3BB. Hours: 5 hrs. (Registered 9 January 2010)

5. Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK)

Name of donor: Bentley Motors Ltd

Address of donor: Pym's Lane, Crewe, Cheshire CW1 3PL.

Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: loan of a Bentley car for seven days. Estimated value: £1,000.

Date of receipt of donation: 10 August 2010

Date of acceptance of donation: 10 August 2010

Donor status: company, registration number 992897.

(Registered 9 September 2010)

6. Overseas visits

Name of donor: National Institute of Technology

Address of donor: Kurukshetra – 136119, Haryana , India

Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): estimated value £1500

Destination of visit: Taj Chandigarh, Chandigarh, India

Date of visit: 19-21 March 2009

Purpose of visit: to speak at the EnviroEnergy Conference 2009 (international conference on energy and environment)

(Registered 17 September 2009)

Name of donor: Forum Invest, a Romanian company which organises international conferences.

Address of donor: 18 Mircea Eliade Blvd, 4th floor, Bucharest 012015, Romania

Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): £1200

Destination of visit: Bucharest

Date of visit: 2 – 6 October 2009

Purpose of visit: to discuss Romania's attitude to climate change and related environmental issues

(Registered 20 October 2009)

Name of donor: Les Bordes Golf Club

Address of donor: 41220 Saint Laurent-Nouan, France.

Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): overnight stay, dinner and a round of golf. Estimated value: £750.

Destination of visit: Saint Laurent-Nouan, France.

Date of visit: 13-14 August 2010

Purpose of visit: holiday

9. Registrable shareholdings

(a) Anacol Holdings Ltd.; a family investment company.

(B) AFC Energy (share option).

Eco City Vehicles plc.

Group Eurotunnel SA

Edited by erranta

Some great comments - people have learned to check behind the affronted fronts the scheming MP's put on!

Look at the pies a typical MP has their fingers in + £1,250 per hr fees paid on top of Parliamentary earnings and expense claims!

Just imagine the collusion going on within Parliament as each MP with outside 'interests' influences Govt decisions on public support for Eurotunnel and which 'favorite' companies get allocated 'plumb' contracts for huge public funded construction works etc

fantastic.

course, in the case of a Directorship...its not just for an hour...you are liable 24/7....or probably not.

fantastic.

course, in the case of a Directorship...its not just for an hour...you are liable 24/7....or probably not.

The Wolf packs have themselves well covered

PLC LTD means 'limited' recourse if it goes under!

Blox to it.

The point is: it is an expense, it is reclaimable, but they have to pay it up front and wait 3 months for it to be repaid.

It's all very well saying that they should be able to afford to front 10K of expenses in advance, but that is missing the point.

We need more "normal" people in government not more "public school rich kids" and the former don't have the 10K, but the new expenses rules are excluding them!

tim

Edited by tim123

The point is: it is an expense, it is reclaimable, but they have to pay it up front and wait 3 months for it to be repaid.

It's all very well saying that they should be able to afford to front 10K of expenses in advance, but that is missing the point.

We need more "normal" people in government not more "public school rich kids" and the former don't have the 10K, but rules are excluding them!

tim

dont they have a float?

The Wolf packs have themselves well covered

PLC LTD means 'limited' recourse if it goes under!

financially that may not be so if they are found not to have carried out their fidudiciary responsibilities....course, no-one of note is ever prosecuted for failing, indeed, not knowing is a common defence, which is odd, as the Companies Acts say time and again that not knowing is not a defence as Directors have legal rights to all relevent information, indeed, it is their duty to find out.

but so what, its only the law.

Guest sillybear2

I must say all these companies on the register of members' interests seem extremely charitable, they give so much to our democratically accountable elected representatives that singularly exist to serve the public interest and expect nothing back in return. It's like the Big Society in action, heartwarming.

Edited by sillybear2

Dear mr bank man.

I'm an MP - got a guaranteed payout when I stop being one, could I trouble you for an overdraft to allow me to carry on my duties in case my salary of £6000 ish a month doesn't cut it

yours sincerely

ms mp.

Guest sillybear2

Dear mr bank man.

I'm an MP - got a guaranteed payout when I stop being one, could I trouble you for an overdraft to allow me to carry on my duties in case my salary of £6000 ish a month doesn't cut it

yours sincerely

ms mp.

P.S. We own you.

As you can see below he's mixed in with investment banksters plus the ECO ******** public rip-off!

Duties include running board meetings, and keeping in touch with senior management.

£2500

Undertake duties as Chair, run board meetings and keep in touch with senior management.

£41,250

My duties as a non-executive director include attendance at meetings of the Board and of the Environment and Safety Committee and advising senior management on a range of issues.

£50,605.6

Duties include chairing board meetings and keeping in touch with senior management.

£51,749.9

Duties include attending board meetings and occasional meetings with senior management.

£18,750

Management consultant giving advice on strategy and business

£7,500

etc

5. Gifts, benefits and hospitality (UK)

Name of donor: Bentley Motors Ltd

Address of donor: Pym's Lane, Crewe, Cheshire CW1 3PL.

Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: loan of a Bentley car for seven days. Estimated value: £1,000.

Date of receipt of donation: 10 August 2010

Date of acceptance of donation: 10 August 2010

Donor status: company, registration number 992897.

Name of donor: Les Bordes Golf Club

Address of donor: 41220 Saint Laurent-Nouan, France.

Amount of donation (or estimate of the probable value): overnight stay, dinner and a round of golf. Estimated value: £750.

Destination of visit: Saint Laurent-Nouan, France.

Date of visit: 13-14 August 2010

Purpose of visit: holiday

Listed outside interests paying the best part of £180,000+ for just a few hours of activity (mainly just humdrum activity and most of which could easily be done far cheaper and possibly at little or no extra cost by one of the other directors) - but they're so badly off they've even got to scrounge around for free car rentals and free golfing holidays.

From the dates it looks like he used the complimentary Bentley rental to go on the complimentary golfing holiday in France.

Edited by billybong

I must say all these companies on the register of members' interests seem extremely charitable, they give so much to our democratically accountable elected representatives that singularly exist to serve the public interest and expect nothing back in return. It's like the Big Society in action, heartwarming.

B.S. - partly rhymes with 't'wit' ( Scam_e_ron)

Edited by erranta

I have never ever read such a load of old tosh...

MPS have yet again shown their greed - join the real world - i know plenty of people who have to pay for their own rail fare into london at STANDARD FARE because they have to & they earn half what MPs do.

the whole system is still completely ridiculous - I fail to see why they should be able to claim these ridiculous amounts of expenses...but we are supposed to sympathise? Fck off.

Public servants there to serve themselves by the look of it....so far all I have had is bad service or no service....one day I hope to be enlightened. ;)

Guest sillybear2

B.S. - partly rhymes with 't'wit' ( Scam_e_ron)

I'm usually bemused by your unique style of contextual analysis and rabid conspiracies, but I think you might be on to something there.

I'm usually bemused by your unique style of contextual analysis and rabid conspiracies, but I think you might be on to something there.

The verb is mid-13c., originally "to play, romp;" meaning "be furious" first recorded c.1300

Romper Room with 'the players'? :rolleyes:

Edited by erranta