House Price Crash Forum
Realistbear

Government Ask Banksters To Be Moderate With Their Bonuses

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/Minister-urges-banks-reuters_molt-3549004411.html?x=0

Minister urges banks' restraint on bonuses
17:57, Wednesday 2 February 2011
LONDON (
Reuters
) - Financial services minister Mark Hoban on Wednesday urged the country's banks to show moderation on their bonus packages, in the wake of ongoing public anger over bankers' pay following the credit crisis.
"I think it's important that banks do rebuild confidence in this country," Mark Hoban told parliament's Treasury Select Committee.
"I do think that banks should show restraint when it comes to bonuses,"
he added.

Gay. What do they think their friends the banksters are going to say to this? Give 'em the appearance of trying and they will vote for you next time.....

No mention still about the accounting control fraud on which those bonuses are based?

A violent resolution to this looting seems increasingly likely (and desirable)

10% bonus should be a max.

after all, its not their money they earned it with.

the money they pay in excess bonuses is money investors are NOT getting.

The thievery is in the fact that they get bonuses based on nothing--paper losses/profits whatever. Just funny bits of paper (CDOs, CoCos, ETFs, IBS, ABC DEF etc) passed from one bankster to the next and entered into the books as some sort of "earnings." I doubt even the best aditors could untangle it.

The key for the bankster is to generate hypothetical "profits" but get the bonus paid in hard cash or shares that can be traded for cash.

Edited by Realistbear

I've lost track how many times I've heard the government urging, cajoling, pleading, outright demanding, begging them to do this.

Why won't they, instead of demanding the banks reduce bonus payments, ask why the banks have such huge amounts of cash they can spunk up the wall, and address that instead.

Actually I've given up wondering about that, or hoping for any justice. Could be worse, they don't usually point guns at me.

I've lost track how many times I've heard the government urging, cajoling, pleading, outright demanding, begging them to do this.

Why won't they, instead of demanding the banks reduce bonus payments, ask why the banks have such huge amounts of cash they can spunk up the wall, and address that instead.

Actually I've given up wondering about that, or hoping for any justice. Could be worse, they don't usually point guns at me.

Poweless, gutless wimps is our government.

Ah, it's show business, the business of show.

Indeed it is. I suspect most of the banksters enjoy a Cuban Cigar and glass of very special Glen Morangie (not the orange bottle rot gut most of us drink) at the same club. Good old laugh all round what!

A mandatory prison sentence should be given to the senior management of any bank requiring a bailout, and all of their assets stripped from them.

It is not a matter of confidence.

We are delaing with fraudsters and liars. The public is taking the hit on all fronts - raised taxes, inflation, lowered savings, reducing standard of living whilst these shysters are pocketing bonuses.

We have not even scratched the surface of the moral hazard that this has induced into the country and the economy.

Edited by OnlyMe

A mandatory prison sentence should be given to the senior management of any bank requiring a bailout, and all of their assets stripped from them.

20 years enough? Harsh, but very very fair.

their lie is their bondage.

100% windfall bankster tax

You're the govt. fer chrissakes.

Put up or shut up.

Just like Labour before them, the Tories seem to be forgetting already that they are actually in power. I remember reading articles by Labour ministers on plans they wanted to do in the major papers. Then nothing would ever happen. Its like they still thought they were in opposition.

In fairness leading is hard if you are not alpha all the way. As soon as people hear of a reform, all the huge powerful vested interests who would lose the gravy train will scream and fight with everything they have to stop you. It takes force of will to implement the changes even when other elites are fighting and begging you to not change things.

When one sector of the economy exclusively provides the essential means of exchange to everyone else by lending it to them at interest, with control over who gets it, who do you think calls the shots?

Take away the real estate gravy train and banking becomes about lending money to productive enterprise

The reason nothing happens is that there is virtually no public pressure to do anything that can be defended rationally and under those circumstances doing nothing can be easily defended. If one person wants to pay somebody else a large amount of money to do something do you think the opinion of a third party, or legislation is realisitically going to make much odds?

No mention still about the accounting control fraud on which those bonuses are based?

A violent resolution to this looting seems increasingly likely (and desirable)

Ah how true. I've given up on this country and its people, emigration is my answer. The banksters incredibly have the whip hand over the government and the people when they were bailed out to the tune of trillions. If little Osborne had any chutzpah, he'd just say to Lloyd's and RBS, that are owned by the taxpayer, no bonuses - end of discussion. He didn't because the banksters run the show.

Still, only consolation is the 'Koalishon' is toast. Change of puppets by Crimbo methinks.

Guest sillybear2

1. Impose windfall taxes, call their bluff.

2. Withdraw state subsidy from the banking cartel.

3. Establish a mutualised British Industrial Investment Bank, directly capitalise it with QE if they need to.

4. Get people building wind farms or nukes or something, just anything that provides jobs in a UK supply chain. Forget about ROI or securitising cash flows and all that bull$hit.

If they're going to do Keynesianism at least do it properly, giving a blank cheque to a bunch of people who don't need it isn't working, especially when they have absolutely no interest in longterm investment or job creation.

At the moment we have all the negative impacts of Keynesianism like inflation but with none of the countervailing assets.

Edited by sillybear2

1. Impose windfall taxes, call their bluff.

2. Withdraw state subsidy from the banking cartel.

3. Establish a mutualised British Industrial Investment Bank, directly capitalise it with QE if they need to.

4. Get people building wind farms or nukes or something, just anything that provides jobs in a UK supply chain. Forget about ROI or securitising cash flows and all that bull$hit.

If they're going to do Keynesianism at least do it properly, giving a blank cheque to a bunch of people who don't need it isn't working, especially when they have absolutely no interest in longterm investment or job creation.

At the moment we have all the negative impacts of Keynesianism like inflation but with none of the countervailing assets.

They won't do it - we have a system run by banksters and their paid for sycophants (those supposed to represent the public) for the benefit of the banks.

The country is going nowhere but into the dustbin whilst this continues.

The thievery is in the fact that they get bonuses based on nothing--paper losses/profits whatever. Just funny bits of paper (CDOs, CoCos, ETFs, IBS, ABC DEF etc) passed from one bankster to the next and entered into the books as some sort of "earnings." I doubt even the best aditors could untangle it.

The key for the bankster is to generate hypothetical "profits" but get the bonus paid in hard cash or shares that can be traded for cash.

That's nowt!

Each year at their yearly banking appraisal to see if they are solvent - they shift billions of pounds out of bank chains they own abroad to make their balance sheets look ok, then a few days later transfer the money back to original banks - most are in fact trading bust.

The whole of the City is complicit in this fraud coz they all know

BOE, Govt, City Accounting firms, Regulators etc etc

I want them to pay more in bonus's- and keep on doing it until the public finally gets the message that these people are the real rulers of this country.

Then the question becomes- what do we do about it?

China seems to have no problem funding all sorts of industrial projects and real estate projects through its main 4 state ran banks.

Actually they seem to get easier financing than our private banks which seem far more interesed in gambling on leverage on the price of oil, or investing in insanely risky derivatives.

A state bank can finance a whole industrial supply chain, over many years to get it established. The dividends are great but you won't see them this quarter or this year.