House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Butthead

Rental Yield Of 3.7%

It is 3.25% if you include the 800 quid per year management fees.

If doesnt say if gas/ electric/ furnishing is included in that rent or not, providing more potential costs to lower the yield.

Edited by blackgoose

It's light and airy so I quite like it. Wouldn't pay more than £130k myself and my feeling is it isn't about rental yield more to do with :

'the tenant now on a rolling contract and requiring two full calendar months notice.'

What's a "Hall Floor Flat"? :huh:

...anyone's guess, but there are two pictures of the hall, two pictures of windows and one of the road...you are not buying an extra bedroom but a bikeroom. ;)

It's light and airy so I quite like it. Wouldn't pay more than £130k myself and my feeling is it isn't about rental yield more to do with :

'the tenant now on a rolling contract and requiring two full calendar months notice.'

Just round the corner from me. You'd be lucky to get anything decent in that area for £130k (although you can in other parts of Bristol and still get the same rental income so I don't see the point of it as a BTL). 18 months ago I was looking at 2 bed flats in the same area for that price, prices have been steadily rising since, doesn't make sense to me, it's not just London that's immune to the crash.

Sh1thole, £30k tops.

I'd perhaps give £185k for the whole building, but I'd have to think about it.

As Bristol Dylan alludes to the location is pretty much spot on, walking distance to everywhere you want to be. The flat's post-crash fair value is certainly north of £100k, I reckon £120k. That's 'single person on £30k or couple on £20k each' territory.

It is 3.25% if you include the 800 quid per year management fees.

If doesnt say if gas/ electric/ furnishing is included in that rent or not, providing more potential costs to lower the yield.

If you can guarantee occupancy or if the tenant doesnt try to negotiate the rates down.

Personally, I'd be slashing the offering price or put my monies into an ISA

Edited by Earthling10