House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Realistbear

A A: Big Oil Ripping Off Motorists As Wholesale Oil Has Plummetted

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/AA-Petrol-Retailers-Ripping-skynews-1853952426.html?x=0

UK petrol prices should be falling and not rising steadily, according to a new report by the AA.
The motoring organisation says the wholesale cost of petrol has fallen over the last month.
At the end of December it was £524 per tonne but by the end of January the price had dropped to £505.

How do they get away with it?

Who is going to stop them? Who stopped the banksters lightening the tills?

They are all pissing themselves laughing at us. :lol:

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/AA-Petrol-Retailers-Ripping-skynews-1853952426.html?x=0

UK petrol prices should be falling and not rising steadily, according to a new report by the AA.
The motoring organisation says the wholesale cost of petrol has fallen over the last month.
At the end of December it was £524 per tonne but by the end of January the price had dropped to £505.

Didn't you hear about the BP oil spill?

That's why some call the UK Treasure Island - the Sheeple will accept and pay over the odds for virtually everything - look at the housing market if you don't believe me :lol:

That's why some call the UK Treasure Island - the Sheeple will accept and pay over the odds for virtually everything - look at the housing market if you don't believe me :lol:

+1

Gas has gone up 47% in the last year and not a whimper of a complaint from anyone. The baksters have destroyed our savings to line their pockets and not a finger is lifted to stop them. MPS fiddle loike banshees and only a toek one or two does bird. That bint in Suffolk Council pays herself £220k and nothing is or can be done. Petrol--£2.00 a itre--thank you for selling me some Mr. BP.

We have been so watered down as a society that there is no longer any collective or cohesive poltical will left to fight anything. We are at their mercy so bend over and take it like the serfs you have all become.

OR..................go Egypt on them.

This was mentioned by a delivery driver just yesterday - I'd booked a parcel to France, it cost about £20. He said if the customer had arranged collection through a French firm it would have been half that :D

The fuel itself is still, what, 40% of the retail price?

Probably - but what you are really saying is that there is well over 100% tax on fuel... maybe even closer to 200 or 300%

What with it being an additive tax like VAT (although the VAT on fuel is applied to the combination of fuel and fuel duty!) rather than a deductive tax like PAYE Income tax. And wot not.

I've reduced my outgoings so I'm laughing all the way to the bank.

I have taken action too:

1. Cut wine consumption down by at least 50% from 4 to 2 bottle a week. Not missing it either.

2. Cut driving 50% by planning drives and doing more walking.

3. Buying nothing--other than essential food,clothing and shelter.

4. Freeview with no top-up

I have taken action too:

1. Cut wine consumption down by at least 50% from 4 to 2 bottle a week. Not missing it either.

2. Cut driving 50% by planning drives and doing more walking.

3. Buying nothing--other than essential food,clothing and shelter.

4. Freeview with no top-up

What a sad state of affairs. How much have you spent on rent since you sold up in 2004?

What a sad state of affairs. How much have you spent on rent since you sold up in 2004?

Free most of the time--employer pays.

For the last couple of years I have watched houses drop by about £50k from the top so I figure I am making £2000 or so a month by not owning.

Not only that, I have invested my STR fund and have watched it grow by an average of 7% per annum since 2004 with very conservative investing to preserve the STM fund. Looked bad 2004-07 but it went well for rentters 2007-to date. And its lookiing real goopd these past 2 months with drops of aropnd 10% locally.

Downside: renting is not fun but if it comes with the job what are you going to do? :(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1352679/Petrol-prices-Wholesale-price-falls-2p-month-cost-pay-RISES.html

The price of filling up a tank dropped in Germany, France, Ireland, Holland, Spain, Belgium and Denmark as retailers shared the lower cost of fuel with consumers.

Why do companies seem to be able to rip off the British more than any other country?

+1

Gas has gone up 47% in the last year and not a whimper of a complaint from anyone. The baksters have destroyed our savings to line their pockets and not a finger is lifted to stop them. MPS fiddle loike banshees and only a toek one or two does bird. That bint in Suffolk Council pays herself £220k and nothing is or can be done. Petrol--£2.00 a itre--thank you for selling me some Mr. BP.

We have been so watered down as a society that there is no longer any collective or cohesive poltical will left to fight anything. We are at their mercy so bend over and take it like the serfs you have all become.

OR..................go Egypt on them.

As an HPC veteran, why are you surprised? At any hint of a protest or strike there are posters on here queueing up to criticise.