House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Shop Assistant, 40, Sues John Lewis For Sex Discrimination After Female Colleague, 68, 'slapped His Bottom Three Times'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1352835/Shop-assistant-sues-John-Lewis-sex-discrimination-female-colleague-slapped-times.html

A male shop assistant is claiming sexual discrimination after a 68-year-old female colleague allegedly slapped his bottom three times while working at the flagship John Lewis department store.

Konstantinos Kalomoiris, 40, claims Bianca Revrenna tapped his behind in the locker room and on the shop floor at the famous store on London's Oxford Street.

Furniture department worker Mr Kalomoiris, who says he quit his job as a result, told an employment tribunal that each time he was slapped the pensioner paused for a few seconds 'like she was savouring it'.

And when he told her to stop he said she replied: 'I do that to all the boys.'

Mr Kalomoiris, who had worked at the store - famous for its policy of 'never knowingly undersold' - since 2006, complained to his manager after the third incident last April.

He claims he was told he should be 'delighted' a female colleague liked him enough to slap his bottom.

Mr Kalomoiris said he made a formal grievance against Ms Revrenna, who is one of the oldest and longest serving members of staff after racking up 40 years' service with John Lewis, after deciding he 'couldn't take it anymore'.

The tribunal heard Ms Revrenna struck again in December 2009 when the pair were working together in the store's Christmas Shop.

Describing a scene similar to the shenanigans in department store Grace Brothers in classic sitcom Are You Being Served?, he said: 'Bianca slapped my bum again. I repeated to her not to do that. I said: "I've told you before".

'She said she always did that to the boys and that she didn't mean anything by it.'

He added: 'Every time she did it she would pause for a couple of seconds like she was savouring it. It was like she enjoyed it.'

After the third alleged slapping incident on the shop floor in April 2010 Mr Kalomoiris took his complaint to management, but said he 'could not believe' the response he got.

He said: 'My manager said I should be delighted that a colleague liked me enough to slap my bum.

'He said if a woman slapped his bottom, he would not be offended at all. I was told I was too sensitive.'

Is this CCC? :lol::lol:

Clearly if this was the other way around he'd have been hung drawn and quarted by now for being a sexist pig. Imagine the comment of "I do it to all the girls"

Although one does wonder if she was a hot 20 something whether he would have objected so strongly.

It will be interesting to see the outcome of this one.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1352835/Shop-assistant-sues-John-Lewis-sex-discrimination-female-colleague-slapped-times.html

Clearly if this was the other way around he'd have been hung drawn and quarted by now for being a sexist pig. Imagine the comment of "I do it to all the girls"

Although one does wonder if she was a hot 20 something whether he would have objected so strongly.

Sorry to be cheeky about this story, but it sounds like a bum rap

Sorry to be cheeky about this story, but it sounds like a bum rap

One wonders quite why the guy has got the a r s e?

Will be very interesting to see how this ends up. Could do with it being on the mainstream news as well. Get folk talking. :D

He needs to harden up a bit :unsure::unsure:

Whilst this suggestion will appeal to the macho male thinking, the fact is there are equality, sexual and discrimination laws in this land and its beginning to reach a tipping point where blokes are no longer going to brush this off. After all fairs fair in love and war.

Women want equality of the sexes so one such change to my behaviour is I dont open doors for them any more changing from being chivalrous to law abiding. :) Women cant have it both ways.

some women want it both ways :lol:

I'll bet if it had been a red hot MILF feeling his bum, rather than a pensioner, things would have been very different ;)

how do you know she isnt

Whilst this suggestion will appeal to the macho male thinking, the fact is there are equality, sexual and discrimination laws in this land and its beginning to reach a tipping point where blokes are no longer going to brush this off. After all fairs fair in love and war.

Women want equality of the sexes so one such change to my behaviour is I dont open doors for them any more changing from being chivalrous to law abiding. :) Women cant have it both ways.

I don't think there are many women that would disagree that, if the allegations are proved, this female sex pest should get the same treatment as a man would for doing the same thing. This sort of behaviour can make anyone's working life a misery.

As for holding doors, it's only polite to hold the door open for someone following you, whether they're male or female. It's what I do, and people (male and female) generally acknowledge it with a thank-you.

Exactly. I don't think these birds quite appreciate that by going down this route - they are actually going to make things more difficult for themselves. At present they have it pretty damn good. Push it and all those bits of sexism they actually like and benefit from ? us blokes are going to get pissed off with it and start complaining until they lose them.

I'll bet if it had been a red hot MILF feeling his bum, rather than a pensioner, things would have been very different ;)

Well same could be said for the other way around. Exactly how many woman in a bar would be annoyed if they felt a grab on their ****, turned around, and saw Brad Pitt there smiling.

I doubt the complain rate to the Police would be very much above zero.

Cuz I clicked the link and looked at the piccy-wicctures! :rolleyes:

article-1352835-0D03A2F1000005DC-399_306x507.jpg

A MILF (or GILF) she most certainly is not.

:lol::lol: I didnt dare click it

If what the guy says is true then he'll win. It can't be any other way and, to be honest, rightly so.

If what the guy says is true then he'll win. It can't be any other way and, to be honest, rightly so.

Thats like saying interest rates will rise soon..... i.e. it won't happen.

At topic:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

About bloody time.. hope the guy enjoyed it AND walks out with the money.

Well done that man.. fair play to him :lol:

[Edit: What a ridiculous world we live in :rolleyes: ]

You don't know that though. Blokes are suposed to make light of that sort of stuff and some would, as would some women. Others thouigh would be seriously pissed off and, to be fair, a bloke has less opportunity to do anything about it. A woman who is continually groped by a bloke could easily turn round a slap him, a bloke in the same situation could never get awy with that so would have to put up with it to a greater degree.

Some men wouldn't mind; perhaps an unattached bloke in his early '20's maybe wouldn't mind but the married man in his 40's with a family may object very stongly. If it had been some red hot totty then many men may object even more strongly due to the fact that it may look even more like he was complicit in it.

Thats like saying interest rates will rise soon..... i.e. it won't happen.

Oh he'll win if his statement is true. It's not just that he claims it happend, it's the fact that he appears to have reported it and the employer appears to have done sod-all about it and has even dismissed his complaint with a put-down and zero investigation. They're screwed if that's true.

Some men wouldn't mind; perhaps an unattached bloke in his early '20's maybe wouldn't mind but the married man in his 40's with a family may object very stongly. If it had been some red hot totty then many men may object even more strongly due to the fact that it may look even more like he was complicit in it.

Age doesn't always factor, simply I hate being touched without permission....

Oh he'll win if his statement is true. It's not just that he claims it happend, it's the fact that he appears to have reported it and the employer appears to have done sod-all about it and has even dismissed his complaint with a put-down and zero investigation. They're screwed if that's true.

I'll bet you an Injin dollar that he doesn't win.

I'll bet you an Injin dollar that he doesn't win.

Well, we can't really express an opinion as we haven't heard both sides. However, if his account is correct then I fail to see how the tribunal could find against him. He was sexually abused; he reported it to his empoyer who then did nothing at all about it and even compounded his distress with a put-down.

I'll Ebay the Injin dollar, by the way.

His good self is still under house arrest in his country retreat, I see. ;)

Well, we can't really express an opinion as we haven't heard both sides. However, if his account is correct then I fail to see how the tribunal could find against him. He was sexually abused; he reported it to his empoyer who then did nothing at all about it and even compounded his distress with a put-down.

I'll Ebay the Injin dollar, by the way.

His good self is still under house arrest in his country retreat, I see. ;)

I think the point is he won't win because he's a man, he's expected to put up with and shut the fook up.

I think the point is he won't win because he's a man, he's expected to put up with and shut the fook up.

Oh, I know, and in previous times that would certainly have been the case. In fact, a case like this would never have come before the tribunal.

This will be decided on the evidence though and from what the guy says he's going to win as the tribunal cannot justify coming to any other conclusion. Having said all that, we've only heard one side.

women eh, give them an inch....................... and they want another one :lol::lol: