House Price Crash Forum
Realistbear

Supply Is On The Increase

217 properties for sale found

New listings in the last 3 days within a 10 mile radius of my own post code.

If this pattern is typical we have a flood of new properties coming to market which means the sheeple are panicking and the stubborn sellers-BTLs want out.

Lets see how it looks in your elbow of the forest:

Go to Rightmore, enter your post code, enter any type of property, any price etc. for a 10 mile radius listed in the last 3 days and see what delights are in store for you!

I am near Brighton and even so, 217 new ones in 3 days is a lot.

Edited by Realistbear

So what? 100s of new houses put up for sale at 2007 prices, where they will just sit for next few years.

You are not the Balls creature by any chance are you?

If supply is on a rapid increase it will lower prices as despondent sellers begin to realise there are hundreds of houses competing with them and the lowet price usually woinds the tea cake.

And don't forget, the EAs have been saying shortage of properties is keeping prices bouyant (hate that word now).

Edited by Realistbear

No doubt these have been held back from the market in recent weeks to coincide with the spring bounce. Any bounce in prices will be in asking only though, not sales. And asking prices for Feb WILL go up.

I concur RB!

My daily search usually around 80-90 properties (40-50 during December) and has been consistently well over 100 for the past fortnight.

Also, and more interestingly I think- 3 repo's have been listed in the last fortnight. Haven't seen a repo round this neck of the woods since about Spring 10.

All v interesting......

If this pattern is typical we have a flood of new properties coming to market which means the sheeple are panicking and the stubborn sellers-BTLs want out.

Go to Rightmore, enter your post code, enter any type of property, any price etc. for a 10 mile radius listed in the last 3 days and see what delights are in store for you!

South London 1900+ in the last 3 days within 10 miles (had to manually add from sub totals cos of 1000 limit!), 743 within 5 miles.

I get the sense that these might be relistings given the numbers but none of the ones in my local post code are relists :unsure: not sure about outside the PC area though.

South London 1900+ in the last 3 days within 10 miles (had to manually add from sub totals cos of 1000 limit!), 743 within 5 miles.

I get the sense that these might be relistings given the numbers but none of the ones in my local post code are relists :unsure: not sure about outside the PC area though.

189 properties found in 10 miles area in vicinity of Leighton Buzzard. But then the 10 miles radius will touch some of Milton Keynes, Luton/dunstable and probably bits of AYlesbury

46 properties for sale found

Just looked at my previous PC in rural Warwickshire--mostly small villages west of Stratford-upon-Avon.

There must be tens of thousands being added nationally surely? Is there a full-on panic underway?????

The EAs cannot possibly say supply is constrained with these kinds of numbers coming in.

Findaproperty:

Search 780,595 properties for sale and rent from 11,312 estate agents

Mind numbing availability.

Isn't this a bit pointless though - it doesn't matter if 100 homes are coming on a day if they are being sold just as fast.

Personally, I've been monitoring the total number of houses fitting my criteria for sale for the past 12 months or so - ie looking at the unsold housing stock (the size of which is certainly correlated with prices) and this has gradually increased by around 50% over this time, flatlined for a few weeks around xmas and has started creeping up again...

i couldnt use rightmove overseas, there were nil properties but

properties on for sale in the last 6 months

MASSIVE SUPPLY, its killing prices stone dead.....ohhh wait a minute

Edited by Tamara De Lempicka

Isn't this a bit pointless though - it doesn't matter if 100 homes are coming on a day if they are being sold just as fast.

Personally, I've been monitoring the total number of houses fitting my criteria for sale for the past 12 months or so - ie looking at the unsold housing stock (the size of which is certainly correlated with prices) and this has gradually increased by around 50% over this time, flatlined for a few weeks around xmas and has started creeping up again...

Transactions are at all time lows and NEW mortgage lending hit an all time low last month. Very little is selling and it is probably due to smart buyers like me waiting for some mega drops before an offer goes in (at 20% below the mega drop price).

189 properties found in 10 miles area in vicinity of Leighton Buzzard. But then the 10 miles radius will touch some of Milton Keynes, Luton/dunstable and probably bits of AYlesbury

Just recently started looking for a home in Leighton Buzzard at the start of the year and have no idea what prices have been doing, what's the market doing over there up/down/flat? Where I'm coming from (Harpenden) the majority of new listings are still going on at 2007 plus 10% although a few are knocking off 3-4% after its sat there for a couple of months.. Thanks in advance for any info, its always good to hear the opinion of like minded locals.

Here in South Oxfordshire nothing is happening.

Relatively few properties are coming onto the market. Sales are sluggish. I anticipated price drops after Christmas but little happened.

Agents must be tearing their hair out trying to get transactions going. Can't see anything significant moving here until sellers drop their prices.

Waiting for the trigger to make this happen. What will it be ?

+1

I also monitor totals rather new listings. The latter will also include price/description changes too.

If you want to see the total properties on rightmove for your postcode got 'market trends' on their website. It puts it all into a very nice graph for you. Although January's is not yet available my own data for change suggests a big increase in unsold sold on the market on top of the +20% yoy from rightmove Market trends charts.

Here in South Oxfordshire nothing is happening.

Relatively few properties are coming onto the market. Sales are sluggish. I anticipated price drops after Christmas but little happened.

Agents must be tearing their hair out trying to get transactions going. Can't see anything significant moving here until sellers drop their prices.

Waiting for the trigger to make this happen. What will it be ?

137 properties for sale found/ 10 miles of Oxford/ last 3 days

Moderate increase for the area. Oxford is on the list for the cities to be hit hardest due to high numbers of government troughers.

+1

I also monitor totals rather new listings. The latter will also include price/description changes too.

If you want to see the total properties on rightmove for your postcode got 'market trends' on their website. It puts it all into a very nice graph for you. Although January's is not yet available my own data for change suggests a big increase in unsold sold on the market on top of the +20% yoy from rightmove Market trends charts.

Yes PU, I also keep an eye on the market trends bit of RM but still prefer to do my own monitoring as a glut of flats for example may distort the overall figures.

I go by the logic that the more similar houses on the market, the greater the pressure for them to reduce - this seems to have been borne out so far with for example identikit new-builds dropping further and faster than more one-of-a-kind types.

I'm in big trouble with timings.

Wife is pregnant and I promised I wouldn't have us having our first child in rented accomodation. It's no bother to me but the wife and the inlaws won't let it lie. I can hold out til April at best, i just hope the crash gets moving before then.

A lot of new listing in my area of yorks are old listings with reduced prices?

A lot of new listing in my area of yorks are old listings with reduced prices?

only 3 properties listed in past 7 days in my target area (west sussex). no significant numbers in this part of sussex & brighton is a big no no for me!

Southampton + 10 Miles this includes some of the New Forest as i'm on the edge of Southampton, saw a House in Beaulieu for £1.7m thats been added in the last 24 hours

Last 24 Hours 114

Last 3 days 188

Last 7 Days 476

Last 14 Days 887

137 properties for sale found/ 10 miles of Oxford/ last 3 days

Moderate increase for the area. Oxford is on the list for the cities to be hit hardest due to high numbers of government troughers.

Well if I'd meant Oxford I would have written Oxford rather than South Oxfordshire.

I'm in big trouble with timings.

Wife is pregnant and I promised I wouldn't have us having our first child in rented accomodation. It's no bother to me but the wife and the inlaws won't let it lie. I can hold out til April at best, i just hope the crash gets moving before then.

If it's such a great investment maybe the in laws will be willing to get their cheque book out.

Just done that and got 105 none of which I would be interested in buying.

One turned up that I wouldn't have seen as it's outside my usual price range search.

£1.175m for a semi!!!!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/new-homes/property-32356286.html