House Price Crash Forum
exiges

House Too Close To The Road ?

I saw this house advertised on the painfully "executive housing" estate in Northampton.

52273_SNP00336_IMG_00_0003.JPG

So I had a closer look and, as is the way, wanted to see it on streetview, but couldn't find it.. all I could see was this house..

colling.jpg

but where was the nice greenery out front, the ferns and shrubs.. why wasn't it set back from the road ?

Then I turned the Streetview camera round and saw this

colling2.jpg

Ah... there it is.. the sneaky EA has gone across the road and framed the house for sale with the neighbours garden !

Edited by exiges

New build estates tend to have tiny front gardens... and be close together...

Where my sister lives (posh exec houses) you can't get out of the car on their drive without stepping on next doors garden...

I actually really like it. Found it on zoopla, possibly a bit too close to the M1. Road noise in the garden might put me off. Otherwise perfect for a professional family with no time / energy / aptitude for creating wealth by adding value to their home. Move in and get on with careers. A house on that road sold for £237k in 1997, but hey that's the world we live in, IIRC petrol was 56p per litre then. If someone can bargain hard, it's a good un

I actually really like it. Found it on zoopla, possibly a bit too close to the M1. Road noise in the garden might put me off. Otherwise perfect for a professional family with no time / energy / aptitude for creating wealth by adding value to their home. Move in and get on with careers. A house on that road sold for £237k in 1997, but hey that's the world we live in, IIRC petrol was 56p per litre then. If someone can bargain hard, it's a good un

Awful looking soulless American-style home [pukes].

Wouldn't mind the triple garage though ;)

Driven round there before. I think its like a US style 'golfing community' with houses backing directly onto a golf course (and getting golf balls through their windows probably). They only have about 1 metre between the houses at the sides too. Nice houses, shame about the plot sizes. But then i like american McMasion type houses.

going the right way though

02 February 2011

* Price changed: from '£725,000' to '£699,950'

13 January 2011

* Price changed: from '£749,995' to '£725,000' [Found by n/a]

I saw this house advertised on the painfully "executive housing" estate in Northampton.

<snip>

Ah... there it is.. the sneaky EA has gone across the road and framed the house for sale with the neighbours garden !

Love it. :rolleyes: