House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Badger

Pat Condell

This guy is an ex stand up comic, fervently atheistic, anti religion and islamisation...

Some may not like his style but you can't deny his bravery in tackling certain issues..

http://godlesscomedy.blip.tv/posts?view=archive&nsfw=dc

http://www.patcondell.net/

I'm amazed he hasn't been arrested and charged with something in "modern" Britain.

Sad there aren't more like him.

I'm amazed he hasn't been arrested and charged with something in "modern" Britain.

Sad there aren't more like him.

Indeed. Political correctness is proving a very effective cloaking device.

Some may not like his style but you can't deny his bravery in tackling certain issues..

But, but... religion is all about love and tolerance and turning the other cheek. Surely this man has nothing to fear?

I've been watching his vids for the past three years now, he is excellent, endorsed by Richard Dawkins too!

Ah, the kiss of death.

The same Dawkins who compares creationists to holocaust deniers yet approvingly cites some Jesus-never-existed site? The same Dawkins who after years attacking Christianity admits he likes trad. Anglican worship and that Britain needs Christianity as a bulwark against Islamisation (listening Pat?). What a hypocrite and/or muddled 'thinker'.

Ah, the kiss of death.

The same Dawkins who compares creationists to holocaust deniers yet approvingly cites some Jesus-never-existed site? The same Dawkins who after years attacking Christianity admits he likes trad. Anglican worship and that Britain needs Christianity as a bulwark against Islamisation (listening Pat?). What a hypocrite and/or muddled 'thinker'.

Sounds like he's in good company.

Perhaps you aren't delving deeper into what Mr Dawkins says or are possibly taking out of context what he's said in relation to other subjects, or perhaps you aren't as well read, travelled or experienced as Mr Dawkins that might explain your incorrect statement at the end there.

Or...perhaps you are a crackpot God botherer too.

Guest eight

Well, he could be, but us atheists don't bother about God cause he doesn't exist. :D

I don't even like to describe myself as an atheist as it couches the discussion in religious terms. I prefer terms such as sane or rational.

eight

Yep. He's great. The 3 'desert dogmas'

Seems to reserve most wrath for Catholics and Islamics.

Seems to like Jews and Hindus and Buddists a bit more.

My 'dream cabinet' would include him, Karl denninger and Jeremy Clarkston. Ill probably find a spot for Peter Schiff tooo.

Dawkins is hilarous. I loved the part on his documentary when he was lecturing his daughter NOT to accept a 'truth' just because it is told by an 'authority'. Wonderful! At that point I questioned why he then uses the title Professor? Surely, he should disdain this authorative title? Err...or perhaps not, because no one is going to let plain old Mr Dawkins expouse on the telly or grant him a publishing deal.

I wondered why such an intellectual heavy-weight would make such a glaring error and then I realised that many of his arguments were puny. The only convincing thing about him is his Oxbridge accent (again, perceived authority!) Reform him with a Brummie burr and everyone would consider him the village idiot.

I don't even like to describe myself as an atheist as it couches the discussion in religious terms. I prefer terms such as sane or rational.

eight

Here's a video of a Sam Harris talk about this very sentiment:

(Harris's talk begins at 4:00 or a few seconds after).

He is addressing a sympathetic 'new atheist' audience, and, rather than take the easy 'let's all agree with each other' type talk, he chooses to try to present ideas that his audience will find challenging. In addition to his view that perhaps the use of the word 'atheist' is a mistake, later in his talk he also talks about the possibility of rational-spiritual experiences. (If you'd read Harris's book 'End of Faith', you may have heard his position on non-religious spiritualism.) This latter part, by the way, begins around 23:20, and is, I think, a section of his talk that's worth watching in its own right.

Guest eight

Here's a video of a Sam Harris talk about this very sentiment:

(Harris's talk begins at 4:00 or a few seconds after).

Thanks for that; never heard of the guy but seems interesting. I have downloaded it to watch when I can give it my full attention.

eight

Dailty Telegraph tomorrow - Cameron talking some sense in, hopefully, booting out Liebours permissive pc culture.

Ok he can talk the talk..let's see if he follows up.Send for Warsiwoman.