House Price Crash Forum
Tired of Waiting

Rightmove Chart Can Show Supply Numbers For 2 Years

This Rightmove page can show supply numbers for the past 2 years. This will be useful to compare supply volumes this spring.

Just type your target area postcode there:

"Properties on Rightmove in BN1"

"This graph shows the total number of properties on Rightmove each month."

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices-in-my-area/marketTrendsTotalAvailableListingsAndNew.html/svr/3109;jsessionid=01346E99D78A8729C954792D180180F2?searchLocation=BN1

Edit: Not sales volumes, just the number of properties advertised there - the total number, and also new adverts for each month.

Edited by Tired of Waiting

This Rightmove page can show supply numbers for the past 2 years. This will be useful to compare supply volumes this spring.

Just type your target area postcode there:

"Properties on Rightmove in BN1"

"This graph shows the total number of properties on Rightmove each month."

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices-in-my-area/marketTrendsTotalAvailableListingsAndNew.html/svr/3109;jsessionid=01346E99D78A8729C954792D180180F2?searchLocation=BN1

:D

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices-in-my-area/marketTrendsTotalAvailableListingsAndNew.html?searchLocation=np25

Good find TOW. Sort of makes my own daily data collection redundant!

CM3 up 23% YoY in December :D although still lower than 09.

I eagerly await January's figures. Looking like a nice increase from what I saw.

In general you are seeing sales drop off with Rightmove. How much is now repossessed and now going throw auction, this figure is certainly growing, as is the rental numbers.

http://www.mortgagestrategy.co.uk/economy/increase-in-properties-sold-at-auction/1024068.article

So as rightmove numbers dip alittle, the numbers at auction are storming ahead, plus you also have alot more rentals on the market which started to increase as far back 2009.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/investing/4937792/Buy-to-let-Rental-properties-flood-the-market.html

That is definitely the case for SE Wales ,the numbers going to auction is rising ,most look like BTL ,there is also a big increase of repo`s coming to the market ,most of which are at the bottom end of the market and look like BTL the future looks bright if IR start to rise

Good find TOW. Sort of makes my own daily data collection redundant!

CM3 up 23% YoY in December :D although still lower than 09.

I eagerly await January's figures. Looking like a nice increase from what I saw.

Thanks, but actually it was accidental. I was trying to find that other page you had told me about (with 12 months data) and found this by accident! :)

Yes, I had also made notes for January 2010, for 5 postcode areas around here. Useless now. Oh well.

And now I had to make notes again! but for Jan 2009! :lol:

It's OK, at least we will have data for 2 years now.

The Rightmove chart is not for sales numbers, just the number of properties advertised there. Only the "supply" side.

You can use that page for sales numbers if you click the "Sold properties" tab...

Thanks, but actually it was accidental. I was trying to find that other page you had told me about (with 12 months data) and found this by accident! :)

Yes, I had also made notes for January 2010, for 5 postcode areas around here. Useless now. Oh well.

And now I had to make notes again! but for Jan 2009! :lol:

It's OK, at least we will have data for 2 years now.

Your records may not be useless.

I have yet to find any definition of whether those rightmove charts show total property "listed", or "available".

If it is the former, it includes SSTC, and is no use in assessing inventory.

You can use that page for sales numbers if you click the "Sold properties" tab...

Yes, that other tab is v. interesting too.

Your records may not be useless.

I have yet to find any definition of whether those rightmove charts show total property "listed", or "available".

If it is the former, it includes SSTC, and is no use in assessing inventory.

Well, it is still useful to see volumes changes in a 2 years period.

But I am more interested in the number of new instructions each month, as I want to see if we will have a surge in supply this spring, compared to the previous 2 springs.