House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Girlfriend Who Poured Boiling Water On Sleeping Lover Walks Free

I had to laugh at the recent andy gray debacle - if he was sacked for being sh1te, then fair enough (no arguments from me) but under the guise of sexism was double-standards in todays society where women's femimax adverts (PMS pills) show the woman ejecting her 'partner' out of his seat through the window. Do i have a problem with that? no not at all, it's just the pc hypocrisy that took over in the neu labia years that does my head in

Like that advert with the women out shopping with a cold and the man in bed with a cold. I don't get upset by it, stereotyping can be funny but the double standards are starting to get on my wick.

Like that advert with the women out shopping with a cold and the man in bed with a cold. I don't get upset by it, stereotyping can be funny but the double standards are starting to get on my wick.

Don't buy the advertised product, write a letter of complaint. Most of the products advertised in this way are products that women usually only buy so they know their market.

Perhaps we need to see more bikini-clad women advertising gillette razors

He was probably a nasty sexist and therefore deserved it.

Worryingly enough - that is probably the real attitude of many of people in this country.

Boil one, get one free... or so.

OTOH, you have to ask what the gentleman was thinking to let and keep such a woman in his life -- I refuse to believe that the boiling kettle was her first attack, this sounds like she had an advanced case of partner hatred already.

...and this is why no-one should in any way get involved in a domestic. It's very rare that people just suddenly start attacking each other, there is always a long story that preceeds the disaster(s), and the sad truth is that like cats, a lot of people live for the fighting, it can't be helped. Anyone can leave at any time, but they almost never do.

So, I agree with the judge, there is no point in wasting money, chances are they'll be back together in a few weeks or look for another partner they can 'play' with.

So, I agree with the judge, there is no point in wasting money, chances are they'll be back together in a few weeks or look for another partner they can 'play' with.

If it had been the other way around he'd have got 5 years; back together or not.

If it had been the other way around he'd have got 5 years; back together or not.

Yep - that is the issue here. And we all know it. Even birds would not argue this point.

I remember a story last year in Sunny Jockland I think. Bird stabbed her man a few times. Didn't even do time for it. Incredible.

Dr Phil and Domestic Violence: He Just Doesn’t Get It

There’s a new article on www.Shrink4Men.com that explores a recent episode of the Dr Phil Show in which Dr Phil refuses to acknowledge the fact that men can be the victims of abuse, too. The couple featured on the show are in a mutually abusive relationship. The wife freely admits to physically assaulting her husband and destroying his property. Instead of holding her accountable, Dr Phil minimizes her violent behavior by calling it a relationship issue while simultaneously condemning the husband for his abusive behavior.

http://www.shrink4men.com/2011/01/24/dr-phil-and-domestic-violence-he-just-doesnt-get-it/

Totally agree with you here... he absolutely wasted his time bothering the court and it won't be long before she beats up the next unfortunate man/child/animal and she'll go on doing that until someone bigger and meaner tells her 'no' in earnest.

Which is why we never used to get involved in domestics, and in such cases, it's totally random as to who hits whom first hard enough for it to leave a serious mark, and it's best to let them sort themselves out. Because amazingly so, when they have 'equality of arms' and no back up army in the form of cops, social workers and judges, those kind of people end up living quite harmoniously (give or take the odd fight), and no judge could ever arrange for any punishment that even remotely gets near what those people can and will mete out to each other casually. Peace through superior firepower works, even on the small scale ;-D

Really this is two issues -- one is the DV busybodying that keeps the DV industry in employ, and the other is the issue that it's open season on men, which is conveniently used by said DV industry to cement their scam operation.

Why all the fuss?

Although she won't get put in prison she'll definately get her come uppance one way or another.

And often this is worse MUCH worse...

Nor does anyone else it seems.

Those people in that show should have split up a very long time ago and just accepted that their marriage isn't going to work out and never will.

What you see is a couple of uncultured barbarians who will be a complete antisocial pain in the neck no matter where they are or with whom. If you think that any of them will be behaving themselves when alone or that either of them will not totally abuse a nice partner if they have a chance, I have a bridge for sale... :)

You can't cure them -- and if that quack had any idea about life, he'd tell them both there and then to split up right now, walking out forever in opposite directions and have a removal company pick their stuff up for them and a lawyer wrapping up their legal stuff.

I totally can see that men are under siege, but this DV stuff is a red herring, there are no victims in any DV case only players and the professionals parasites that live off those cases.

DV is an invention of the social worker industry, think of it like the real eastate of Disney World, it sets the scene for all those situations to play out profitably in the right ambience.

Don't buy the advertised product, write a letter of complaint. Most of the products advertised in this way are products that women usually only buy so they know their market.

I've complained regularly about such adverts, and the ASA always find in favour of the advert. Most recently about this one:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/may/20/asa-oven-pride-cleared-of-sexism

ASA did nothing but it won't stop me complaining.

Nor does anyone else it seems.

Those people in that show should have split up a very long time ago and just accepted that their marriage isn't going to work out and never will.

What you see is a couple of uncultured barbarians who will be a complete antisocial pain in the neck no matter where they are or with whom. If you think that any of them will be behaving themselves when alone or that either of them will not totally abuse a nice partner if they have a chance, I have a bridge for sale... :)

You can't cure them -- and if that quack had any idea about life, he'd tell them both there and then to split up right now, walking out forever in opposite directions and have a removal company pick their stuff up for them and a lawyer wrapping up their legal stuff.

I totally can see that men are under siege, but this DV stuff is a red herring, there are no victims in any DV case only players and the professionals parasites that live off those cases.

DV is an invention of the social worker industry, think of it like the real eastate of Disney World, it sets the scene for all those situations to play out profitably in the right ambience.

I must disagree. Is it not better for 2 people to be unhappy instead of 4?

Women are just as prone to substance abuse, physical violence, and child abuse as men really, but they're arguably worse since they're more cunning and have the law more behind them (to overcompensate for male authority).

Charlie Brookers show last night "How TV ruined your life" had a go at how man are portrayed in adverts. Usually as useless, undeserving, footy mad clowns. Iplayer at 13:30 if you want to skip straight to it.

Women are just as prone to substance abuse, physical violence, and child abuse as men really, but they're arguably worse since they're more cunning and have the law more behind them (to overcompensate for male authority).

Yep - woman hit men far far far more than men hit women. You see it in public all the time. Never mind behind closed doors.

I suppose the argument is that men are more likely to cause damage - so it makes it worse somehow ?

Doesn't exactly fit in with the whole 'We want equal rights' brigade - does it ?

If you want equal rights then fine. Treat us like you would expect to be treated yourself. Everyone is happy. And if you don't ? You deserve all that is coming to you.