House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
exiges

Crime Statistics.. Don't Worry About Crime

Just caught the end of the BBC news just now, the government is rolling out a scheme where you can get detailed crime stats on your local area, how many crimes, the nature of each crime etc.

They were interviewing the locals in Windsor for their opinions on what they thought of it.. one coffee-shop customer yummy mummy didn't like the idea.. "I don't think I'd like to know.. it'd affect house prices.." yeah, don't worry about being mugged, burgled, just worry about the value of your house :rolleyes:

Maybe on iPlayer later.

Edited by exiges

As from midnight tonight, they will be showing on a map all the significant reportable crimes everywhere in the UK, down to street level.

One woman on the BBC news said she wasn't in favour of it, "because it would affect house prices if everybody knew what went on".... :unsure:

As from midnight tonight, they will be showing on a map all the significant reportable crimes everywhere in the UK, down to street level.

One woman on the BBC news said she wasn't in favour of it, "because it would affect house prices if everybody knew what went on".... :unsure:

Canny homeowners will just have to create a crimewave anywhere away from their area to make it look better in comparison.

Doesn't that just show how huge this bubble is ;)

It doesn't matter how many times I hear it, I still get angry when I hear property VIs going on about the price of houses.

Despicable. Thanks for posting... I think... I'll probably have nightmares now... ;)

It doesn't matter how many times I hear it, I still get angry when I hear property VIs going on about the price of houses.

Despicable. Thanks for posting... I think... I'll probably have nightmares now... ;)

But it's not just the VIs, it's the man and woman in the street, including the "shoeshine boy" ;).

Longsight, Manchester 589 crimes! That's the worst I've found so far (after 3 searches).

The village where I grew up shows 2 crimes, and they're both right on the edge ot the shaded circle area.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8294104/House-prices-could-be-hit-by-crime-maps.html

House prices could be hit by crime maps
Newly published crime maps detailing crimes committed in every street and neighbourhood in the country could cause house prices to slump in dangerous areas and rise higher in safer neighbourhoods, it was claimed.

Not many areas left in this country that are not crime ridden. Blame much of it on_______________ion.

Presumably every MP that is found guilty of financial fraud puts one crime for every false claim on the map in a prime Westminster postcode.

And every insider trade or fraudulent mortgage application is assigned to the Head Office of the company concerned.

And every illegal phone hack scores a crime for Fleet Street and Wapping

Or is it just the lower class crimes of shoplifting, burglary, violence and car theft, that can be easily assigned a location, that will appear on this website?

Y

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8294104/House-prices-could-be-hit-by-crime-maps.html

House prices could be hit by crime maps
Newly published crime maps detailing crimes committed in every street and neighbourhood in the country could cause house prices to slump in dangerous areas and rise higher in safer neighbourhoods, it was claimed.

Not many areas left in this country that are not crime ridden. Blame much of it on_______________ion.

BS!

The UK country side has some of the lowest levels of '_______________ion' and crime is rife. Overall many crimes were more prevalent in the 80/90's before the recent '_______________ion'.

or maybe I got the wrong end of the stick entirely and you meant House Price Inflat'_______________ion'. :lol:

I reported 3 crimes in 6 months at my last address, all car related. The neighbours where very sympathetic and agreed with me reporting them, it will be interesting to see if they'd still support this. Especially those with a house for sale.