House Price Crash Forum
Crashman Begins

Watch In Absolute Wonder As The Demand For Oil Plunges & It's Price Goes Thru The Roof

Watch in absolute wonder as the demand for oil plunges & it's price goes thru the roof.

You can only Purchase cheap oil & monetary stability for so long..

Edited by Crashman Begins

Watch in absolute wonder as the demand for oil plunges & it's price goes thru the roof.

I started using the train in about november after sitting in traffic for so long and paying extortionant prices for the privlage, i started to use the train - its faster, more relaxing, no stress, and most importantly , costs exactly the same money without putting any wear on the car as a bonus!

It will be interesting if any of the think tanks put a cost around the loss in productivity as a result.

Working late for "free" becomes less of an option as public transport tapers off in the evenings. Esp if Bob Crowe & his brethern get militant.

I started using the train in about november after sitting in traffic for so long and paying extortionant prices for the privlage, i started to use the train - its faster, more relaxing, no stress, and most importantly , costs exactly the same money without putting any wear on the car as a bonus!

Standing room only on the 07.10 to London. Umm nice.

Return journey, the heating doesn't work, the train is late, the seats are filthy, the drunks unpleasnat and the charming overpowering smell of fast food.

Give me back my car.

Working late for "free"

Should be made illegal , how many are unemployed due to firms getting free labour .

HINT : This is not due to oil running out..

And I should rephrase that..

THEY could only Purchase cheap oil otherwise known as monetary stability... for so long.

Edited by Crashman Begins

What you pay is what you get

Burner King and piss and sweat

Roast to death in the burning heat

Chewing gum on every seat

(Skinner)

Return journey, the heating doesn't work, the train is late, the seats are filthy, the drunks unpleasnat and the charming overpowering smell of fast food.

Give me back my car.

Got fed up with slobs, putting their feet up on the seats, eating really disgusting foods and playing iPods too loud. Give me my own one ton plastic and steel, four wheeled "envirosphere" any day.

Ok I can just about tolerate a train for about 45 minutes, but certainly no longer.

Sometimes it's the only way to compete with "outsourcing". :unsure:

I know and I don't blame anyone for doing it , have done some of it myself in the past ( under sufferance ) however it all adds to the unemployment problem.

Give me back my car.

You must live in Kent.

The trains are quite nice to and from Bucks.

I wonder how much higher it has to go, before we see the costs filter through to the Baltic rates which in turn will make it more expensive to import goods from half way round the world or to fly abroad from this country which means money leaving the country.

In some respects high oil prices could create jobs in the local area as less people use their cars and it could pull manufacturing closer to home as well, maybe to places like Spain, North Africa or even the Middle East instead of from Brazil and China.

Just for a bit of spin or alternative thinking. ;)

Costcutter selling veg oil at sub £1 per litre. Could be time to invest in an older diesel car............. :huh:

You must live in Kent.

The trains are quite nice to and from Bucks.

Stansted Express line.

Absolute disgrace.

Knackered rolling stock. Depressing stations all worn out. Surly staff. Hideously expensive. Totally unreliable. Absolutely shocking. Returning from almost anywhere abroad and getting on this "service" makes one want to slit your wrists.

The steam trains were more reliable and better time keepers.

russia.. u can save us..

produce more oil now.. let opec suffer !!

wishing for some kind of alternative in 5 years..

Costcutter selling veg oil at sub £1 per litre. Could be time to invest in an older diesel car............. :huh:

Surely the 25% saving is offset by worse mpg in an old oil-burner?

Guest sillybear2

Give me back my car.

And to top it off you could end up sitting next to some MP.

Edited by sillybear2

Markets are driven by greed and fear, as much as supply and demand! :blink:

I wonder how much higher it has to go, before we see the costs filter through to the Baltic rates which in turn will make it more expensive to import goods from half way round the world or to fly abroad from this country which means money leaving the country.

In some respects high oil prices could create jobs in the local area as less people use their cars and it could pull manufacturing closer to home as well, maybe to places like Spain, North Africa or even the Middle East instead of from Brazil and China.

Just for a bit of spin or alternative thinking. ;)

Ain't going to effect shipping prices. Fuel costs are a couple of cents per tonne. Negligable compared to the lower manufacturing costs of China et al - even if fuel quadruples.

One would hope though that people might use their cars less and make the streets more pleasant but the evidence to date suggests prices will have be a hell of a lot north of £1.50 a litre for that to happen.