House Price Crash Forum

Does anyone else find it really annoying that every time BBC News reports a government decision, they follow it with "Labour says".

I don't remember them saying "The Conservatives say" every five minutes when Labour were in power.

Not strictly speaking about house prices, but it gets used in housing articles.

I've noticed this too. Although, when Labour were in government, it would have helped if the Conservatives actually had a coherent message other than "we agree with Labour" - Iraq/Afghanistan, banking, interest rates, house prices... :rolleyes: Much easier to quote an opposition if they actually have something opposite to say.

Edited by mikthe20

When labour was in power it almost seemed like their main objective was to have a press conference every other day announcing some bogus crap on the bbc and now the same holds true out of power except its staged soundbites walking out of doors.

When labour was in power it almost seemed like their main objective was to have a press conference every other day announcing some bogus crap on the bbc and now the same holds true out of power except its staged soundbites walking out of doors.

Exactly. I like the fact that the current prime minister isn't on the tv every day, selling propaganda. I'm hoping he really is "getting on with the job" instead of promoting his greatness, unlike Brown who was just full of sh*t.

Unfortunately the general public, having become accustomed to a constant stream of positive media bullsh*t probably see that as a bad thing.

Here's a BBC story about Tower Hamlets today highlighting their ability to fritter away taxpayers money. The majority of councillors in this Borough are Labour. Labour is not mentioned once in the article.